Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:38:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 19 Games without a win...  (Read 4271 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: 19 Games without a win...
« Reply #30 on September 18, 2011, 10:57:35 am by Lesonthewest »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=183096
Quote from: \"Lesonthewest\" post=183089
Hold your nerve people it's STILL too early, after the time he has been here Sean at least deserves more time to turn it around. If however at the end of November we are cut adrift THEN it would be time to act.

That could be too late by then Les. We could be 15/20 points adrift. He has to go this week, the club has gone stale and the signs were there last season. The place needs freshening up, someone positive. I frickin wished we could have got Nigel Adkins.

That could well be the case Nudga, I didn't go yesterday but by all accounts we were awful. But I don't believe changing the manager would help this squad. With the help from the board of two or three loan signings (one a keeper please), & a change of tactics at home I still believe he could turn it around. As for Adkins, had he still been attainable I probably would have felt differently ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 18, 2011, 11:05:58 am by bobjimwilly »
We probably have one of the smallest average attendances in the league, so wouldn't it make sense we spend less than any other club? :blink:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 18, 2011, 11:33:30 am by steve@dcfd »
19 games without a win, were do the players come into that equation. Our wage bill may be six or seven million, the players wages will probably vary from £50,000 to £500,000 a year, which is a lot more than the average supporter who pays their money to go home and away.  
I have had a go at the board for not investing correctly, supporters on here and at games have had a go at Sean for his tactics and substitutions. When the players cross the White line on a Saturday or Tuesday it their responsibility to perform, to be self motivated, to pass the ball correctly, to defend and score goals. They are all being payed handsomely for the job they do. They will all tell you they are good enough to be in the squad and are good enough to play in the championship. Well it is time to prove it. We are conceding goals at 1.66 per game so for your own pride and skill improve your defending as a team. We have scored two goals in seven league games so improve your shooting with practises. If this needs extra training then take up on your selves to do it.
If we can afford better then the players who miss out will feel sorry for them selves so prove to your self, the manager, the board and the paying public you are good enough to be in this league.
The forwards who have played week in week out have not proved they can score the goals we have needed, yesterday in what I am told was poor performance we had 3 shots on target and 2 off target. Derby scored two goals with the same amount of efforts.
Therefore if we cannot invest, if we are spending 6 to 7 million on wages then come you players get your finger out when you cross white line it your responsibility to perform and win games, to justify the wages you get and feeling sorry for yourselves should not come into. Otherwise we will all have to accept you are not good enough to play championship football.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 18, 2011, 11:45:42 am by bigbadjack »
I think we should all chill out a bit! go to the pub, take dog for a walk or smash the arse off your lass/fella ( it is 2011 after all) and ill see you all for a beer next week :rtid:

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 19, 2011, 07:34:05 am by Capmeister »
A tad pedantic, aint we? That's rhetorical by the way. Not sure I should respond to someone posting using pseudonym of a cross dressing, bisexual! ;o)

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 19, 2011, 07:35:46 am by Capmeister »
Please note I missed \"the\" out too.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 19, 2011, 05:17:02 pm by Capmeister »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=183080
Quote from: \"Capmeister\" post=183074
U spimeless get. Show some balls. Ur Donny or ur not. So dig in and deal with it. We're in championship but it'll be hard to turn it round but so what. f**k off and support Man U. Am sure you'll feel included there

Well that was a very well constructed and reasoned reply wasn't it.

About as well constructed and reasoned as your undermining and divisive comments deserve. I'm not blinkered to our plight but unless you can come up with some sensible alternative given our circumstances why bother posting.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012