Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:46:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: will billy be rested on saturday  (Read 4333 times)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: will billy be rested on saturday
« Reply #30 on January 04, 2012, 06:52:04 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"ArmthorpeRover\" post=208720
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=208718
Or it could just mean they are being rested after a busy Christmas spell and the manager thinks it's exactly these kinds of games (against lower league teams) which fringe players should be playing to get some experience and for him to assess them in a competative environment?

Beat me to it, I can see the fallout already from the kneejerkers around here if/when Sharp, Stock, etc aren't playing. Screw common sense, it's obvious it means they are all leaving.

And some are actively looking for \"signs\" which aren't there. Don't forget that some people have an agenda on here, whether it be to constantly crap on another poster, have a go at the management, or just stir the pot.

I always thought that your first round of a cup means that if you're playing inferior opposition (with the greatest respect to Notts County) you field a side which alleviates pressure on your best players/rests your best players/encourages fringe players/gives opportunities to younger players? Maybe I'm wrong....again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 04, 2012, 07:06:09 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=208732
Quote from: \"ArmthorpeRover\" post=208720
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=208718
Or it could just mean they are being rested after a busy Christmas spell and the manager thinks it's exactly these kinds of games (against lower league teams) which fringe players should be playing to get some experience and for him to assess them in a competative environment?

Beat me to it, I can see the fallout already from the kneejerkers around here if/when Sharp, Stock, etc aren't playing. Screw common sense, it's obvious it means they are all leaving.

And some are actively looking for \"signs\" which aren't there. Don't forget that some people have an agenda on here, whether it be to constantly crap on another poster, have a go at the management, or just stir the pot.

I always thought that your first round of a cup means that if you're playing inferior opposition (with the greatest respect to Notts County) you field a side which alleviates pressure on your best players/rests your best players/encourages fringe players/gives opportunities to younger players? Maybe I'm wrong....again.

You play a weakened side against what is preserved  as  inferior opposition and you come a cropper like MU did against CP. We  are not good enough to  do that if we want to keep in the cup.

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 04, 2012, 07:55:27 pm by ArmthorpeRover »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=208737
You play a weakened side against what is preserved  as  inferior opposition and you come a cropper like MU did against CP. We  are not good enough to  do that if we want to keep in the cup.

There is a glaringly obvious fact you've missed tho, we ain't Man Utd. We have no chance of winning the FA Cup and any extra games besides league games become a distraction that could involve injuries to important players.

If this were a league game then it would be very suspect if certain players were missing as we need the points, as it isn't I wouldn't read anything into it.

IF we were comfortably mid table then it'd be a different story and the chance of a cup run would be fun.....but we aren't and our priorities must be on the league.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 04, 2012, 09:50:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"ArmthorpeRover\" post=208757
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=208737

There is a glaringly obvious fact you've missed tho, we ain't Man Utd. We have no chance of winning the FA Cup and any extra games besides league games become a distraction that could involve injuries to important players.

If this were a league game then it would be very suspect if certain players were missing as we need the points, as it isn't I wouldn't read anything into it.

IF we were comfortably mid table then it'd be a different story and the chance of a cup run would be fun.....but we aren't and our priorities must be on the league.

I have not missed the point.  I would not play any of the players who won on Monday. Then accepte consequences, but saying its only Notts County is doing them an injustice our team at the moment will not find this game easy.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 04, 2012, 10:03:49 pm by donnyroversfc »
Aslong as we dont draw i couldn't care less what the result is.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 04, 2012, 10:26:27 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=208671
Team for Saturday, if not injured, suspended, have clearance, allowed by parent club and can be bothered.
Button
Chimbonda, Beye, Diatta, Illunga
 Goulon, Plessi Woods
Diouf ,Bagayako,Bamago

bit harsh on martin woods :laugh:

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 04, 2012, 10:30:25 pm by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=208803
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=208671
Team for Saturday, if not injured, suspended, have clearance, allowed by parent club and can be bothered.
Button
Chimbonda, Beye, Diatta, Illunga
 Goulon, Plessi Woods
Diouf ,Bagayako,Bamago

bit harsh on martin woods :laugh:

As shit as Gary Woods is between the sticks i've seen nothing in his kicking to suggest he's worth a try on the left side of midfield!?!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012