Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:32:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stock and Copps  (Read 8793 times)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Stock and Copps
« on April 29, 2012, 12:28:54 pm by aidanstu »
I know it's silly season and I'm not presenting this as fact but heard today that they are nearly both done deals to Barnsley.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Stock and Copps
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2012, 01:24:13 pm by glosterred »
Good that is money off the wage bill and will allow Saunders to start bringing in players prior to next season. Although will be sorry to see Copps go, as for Stock spends to much on the treatment table now to warrant a contract for next season.

COYR

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2012, 01:31:07 pm by DonnyRTID »
 Thought Copps was on his way to Ipswich!   :crying:

pubteam

« Reply #3 on April 29, 2012, 01:34:39 pm by pubteam »
Good that is money off the wage bill and will allow Saunders to start bringing in players prior to next season. Although will be sorry to see Copps go, as for Stock spends to much on the treatment table now to warrant a contract for next season.

COYR

Stock is already under contract for next season.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 29, 2012, 01:53:53 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
dingles not a pot to piss in simples

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 29, 2012, 01:56:20 pm by dickos1 »
No way Barnsley can afford those 2, they're frequently signing players like Chris dagnell.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 29, 2012, 01:59:32 pm by dumbroofer »
someone better,as if we are to believe what we read we sure as hell can't

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 29, 2012, 02:02:20 pm by rover-n-out »
I doubt Copps would consider leaving us now. He is revered at the club, is settled here, and I think will finish his career with us, and can look forward to a testimonial match in his honour.
He comes across as a  very loyal person.

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed watching his tremendous talents over the years and would be delighted if he chose to finish his career with Rovers.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 29, 2012, 02:06:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
Some of that might be true but the fact are that the wages we are paying Copps at present is probably something like 20% of our entire playing budget next season. Just not feasible unless he takes a massive, massive pay cut. And to be fair, why should he?

pubteam

« Reply #9 on April 29, 2012, 02:10:29 pm by pubteam »
Why are all of our possibly/likely-to-leave players being conveniently linked with Barnsley?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 29, 2012, 02:11:38 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Think we need to consider the current state of the club and the crap performance yesterday.

Hard as it my be lets take that massive step back and start again.

Stock is always injured (love him to death), Copps is a Championship player (better consistency Premiership) get over it!

PS where are our goals coming from next season?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 29, 2012, 02:13:25 pm by dickos1 »
Some of that might be true but the fact are that the wages we are paying Copps at present is probably something like 20% of our entire playing budget next season. Just not feasible unless he takes a massive, massive pay cut. And to be fair, why should he?

All 12 players apart from 1 have clauses in their contracts stating their wages will be reduced if relegation occurs. So they don't have a choice

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 29, 2012, 02:14:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Why are all of our possibly/likely-to-leave players being conveniently linked with Barnsley?

2+2

As I keep saying, Barnsley have the lowest budget in league no way could they afford a player who in my opinion will be the highest on the Rovers books

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2012, 02:17:19 pm by Wellred »

Lets turn that question around and ask if you consistently  underperformed at your job, how long would your company employ you?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2012, 02:22:20 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Lets turn that question around and ask if you consistently  underperformed at your job, how long would your company employ you?

I dont know but they do mate!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:56:09 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 29, 2012, 02:38:26 pm by ravenrover »
Just a thought but surely if Copps is going anywhere it might be to rejoin SO'D at Forest?  :crying:

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2012, 02:44:05 pm by SkellowRover »
@paulgoodwinDFP 4:01 PM - 28 Apr 12 via web · Details:
James Coppinger tells me he does not want to leave but the decision may be taken out of his hands. Ipswich likely to renew their interest.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2012, 02:47:01 pm by wilts rover »
Ipswich or Barnsley - what a choice!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 29, 2012, 03:48:06 pm by idler »
Maybe staying in the same house, kids at same school and Mrs. Copps keeps her job.
Plus he is nearer to his roots than Ipswich, there's a lot of possible reasons there for me. Whether Barnsley can afford him is another matter.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 29, 2012, 04:11:09 pm by vaya »

Whilst not really being in a position to point fingers with one hand and hold the League One Ground Guide in the other, if it wasn't for Portsmouth's 10-point deduction, Barnsley would be down with us.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 29, 2012, 04:13:07 pm by WBDRFC »

All 12 players apart from 1 have clauses in their contracts stating their wages will be reduced if relegation occurs. So they don't have a choice

The DFP reported Saunders as saying that the wages of the 12 players contracted next season are £1 million over budget. If they have relegation clauses then they are not sufficient enough. The budget is rumoured to be around £2 million, so 12 players are earning £3 million, AFTER relegation clauses kick-in?

Who is the one player who does not have a relegation clause?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 29, 2012, 04:15:28 pm by Wellred »
the bookies are usually right aren't they!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #22 on April 29, 2012, 04:52:31 pm by Rovin Reporter »
I know it's silly season and I'm not presenting this as fact but heard today that they are nearly both done deals to Barnsley.
Look you are safe for now , but league 1 is coming to Oakwell very soon , and trying to take the piss will not safe you from the drop next season ...yo've been sussed DINGLE

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 29, 2012, 05:10:20 pm by RoversAlias »

Whilst not really being in a position to point fingers with one hand and hold the League One Ground Guide in the other, if it wasn't for Portsmouth's 10-point deduction, Barnsley would be down with us.

You mean if Portsmouth had played by the rules Barnsley would be down! They're a Championship team still and they deserve to be.

I will be disappointed if players with the reverance here of Stock and Coppinger join Barnsley of all teams, but like Copps says it could be taken out of his hands whether he stays or not, especially if he remains too high an earner.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 29, 2012, 06:48:04 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Stock is already under contract for next season.

That he might be but if someone out there is willing to offer cash/cheque or Postal Order for him then we should take the money and run

COYR

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 29, 2012, 06:59:11 pm by RobTheRover »
I will be disappointed if players with the reverance here of Stock and Coppinger join Barnsley of all teams, but like Copps says it could be taken out of his hands whether he stays or not, especially if he remains too high an earner.

Remember the outcry when McIndoe went there?  :crying:

Anyway, I wouldnt worry too much about Barnsley tempting players away with silly contracts.  Pinching Shackell off us nearly killed them, and they've spent the time since (commendably, in my view) trying to be self-supporting and not racking huge debts up.

I'd be more worried about the Fowls........ :unsure:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 29, 2012, 07:08:50 pm by hoolahoop »

2+2

As I keep saying, Barnsley have the lowest budget in league no way could they afford a player who in my opinion will be the highest on the Rovers books

Just like they couldn't afford Shackell and I agree with Rob re. the Fowls ?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:12:58 pm by hoolahoop »

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 29, 2012, 07:31:28 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

2+2

2+2

Very prudently run club Barnsley but uncertainly due to Patrick company being in and out of courts for several years re tax issues.....

Hence Robins would not stay as they were not being "realistic" with budget ....only just been disproved ...THIS TIME!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:34:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 29, 2012, 07:40:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You could easily see Copps at Owls, Blades or Forest.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 29, 2012, 11:45:29 pm by JonWallsend »
Look you are safe for now , but league 1 is coming to Oakwell very soon , and trying to take the piss will not safe you from the drop next season ...yo've been sussed DINGLE

I'm looking forward to Aidanstu's response to this Dingle accusation.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012