Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:28:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who would like to swap ends?  (Read 4688 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Who would like to swap ends?
« Reply #30 on May 06, 2012, 06:13:14 pm by RoversAlias »
If they're not you'd imagine it was down to money more than anything.

Something tells me Watford would prefer to have four sides of their stadium open and available for use.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bigdonnybob

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 07, 2012, 11:12:48 am by bigdonnybob »
There is talk about closing the North Stand altogether, with the resultant savings in costs of stewarding. and the closure of food and drink outlets. And moving the away support into the area that was used as the "overflow" for the Leeds United game last season. It makes sense from the SMC's point of view, because it saves money and there cant be many clubs in League 1 that will bring enough support to justify the expenses incurred by opening the North Stand. I am one of the people who has already bought his season ticket in that area I am not a happy bunny to be, potentially losing the very good view I have enjoyed over the last 5 years. I would hope, that, if I and the six mates are displaced, we are offered very similar seats.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 07, 2012, 11:28:54 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No stands should be closed, focus should be on filling the damn thing FFS.  We close a stand and it's frankly stupid.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 07, 2012, 12:18:01 pm by dknward2 »
There is talk about closing the North Stand altogether, with the resultant savings in costs of stewarding. and the closure of food and drink outlets. And moving the away support into the area that was used as the "overflow" for the Leeds United game last season. It makes sense from the SMC's point of view, because it saves money and there cant be many clubs in League 1 that will bring enough support to justify the expenses incurred by opening the North Stand. I am one of the people who has already bought his season ticket in that area I am not a happy bunny to be, potentially losing the very good view I have enjoyed over the last 5 years. I would hope, that, if I and the six mates are displaced, we are offered very similar seats.

if they did do this to save money i would prefer them to move the away fans to the east stand area then open the north as a new home stand and make the areas behind both goals back to cat c area

if they moved you it would be in the east stand opposite to where you are now or further down the east stand so if you are in line with the six yard box at the north end then you should move in line with the six yard area at the south end of the ground

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 07, 2012, 01:00:08 pm by Draytonian III »
No stands should be closed, focus should be on filling the damn thing FFS.  We close a stand and it's frankly stupid.
Very true,totally stupid to close a stand there would be even less atmosphere, ask anyone who,s been to Oxford or Bournemouth

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 07, 2012, 06:23:37 pm by DearneValleyRover »
North Stand Acoustics are far better, open it up as a safe standing stand to home fans, house the singing section there, it's the only way we will get an atmosphere in the KM.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 07, 2012, 06:26:55 pm by silent majority »

There is no truth in this at all. Absolutely none.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012