Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:15:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the v.s.c  (Read 3058 times)

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
the v.s.c
« on November 13, 2013, 09:53:29 pm by scotlandsbest »
ryan was the one that brought you lot on board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your like the new labour ???? claim to be for the working class ???? but your in it for what  YOU think is right (vsc board) not the fans perspective for wich is why i thought you were for if you are for the fans have a members vote for what you say and what WE want you to ask and say

STOP BEING IN IT FOR WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT ITS NOT FOR YOU ITS FOR US FANS IN GENERAL

AND YES I AM A MEMBER THANKYOU

UP THE ROVERS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

FilanDivorce

• Forum Member
Re: the v.s.c
« Reply #1 on November 13, 2013, 09:55:39 pm by FilanDivorce »
There's already a thread on the vsc :)

That's a lot of bloody anger you have there lol!

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 13, 2013, 09:57:06 pm by scotlandsbest »
JUST SICK OF THEM REITERATING WHAT THEY ALL THINK WE THINK AND I dONT THINK THAT AT ALL

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 13, 2013, 09:58:37 pm by StocktonRover »
I do...

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 13, 2013, 10:01:47 pm by scotlandsbest »
I DO !!!!!!!

I THINK THERE ALL YES MEN AND LICK ARSE THERE NOT BEING A SUPPORTERS VOICE AT ALL AT THE MOMENT

WE HAVE SHARES SO SHOULDNT WE BE IN THE LOOP AS TO WHATS BEING GOING ON ????????/

I DO !!!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 13, 2013, 10:02:11 pm by Filo »
Jesus, form an orderly queue, take it turns to post the same things and bore us all to death, at least if you're going to VSC bash keep it in one thread instead of starting multiple threads on the same subjuct

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 13, 2013, 10:03:46 pm by StocktonRover »
I DO !!!!!!!

I THINK THERE ALL YES MEN AND LICK ARSE THERE NOT BEING A SUPPORTERS VOICE AT ALL AT THE MOMENT

WE HAVE SHARES SO SHOULDNT WE BE IN THE LOOP AS TO WHATS BEING GOING ON ????????/

I DO !!!!!

I think we're married now marra  ;)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 13, 2013, 10:04:01 pm by River Don »
The VSC claim to be for the working class?

Haven't heard that one before.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 13, 2013, 10:05:08 pm by River Don »
I DO !!!!!!!

I DO !!!!!

What have the VSC said yes to? It was a no wasn't it?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 13, 2013, 10:05:40 pm by silent majority »
So, one minute we're yes men, and then we're not. Now I'm confused!

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 13, 2013, 10:11:35 pm by afro goal machine »
Alot of names coming out of the woodwork to give the vsc a bashing ???

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 13, 2013, 10:33:49 pm by PDX_Rover »
And take that chewing gum from under the Caps Lock key.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 13, 2013, 10:47:05 pm by redwine »
If that is Scotland's best then Alex Salmond is up a creek without a paddle

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 13, 2013, 11:09:44 pm by donnyplant »
I am not a VSC member and sit firmly on the fence in this debate, BUT surely before it was announced that the VSC is currently against SC a vote should have been taken to agree that?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 13, 2013, 11:12:28 pm by Mr1Croft »
I am not a VSC member and sit firmly on the fence in this debate, BUT surely before it was announced that the VSC is currently against SC a vote should have been taken to agree that?

But, like most democratic organisations and institutions such as Government, you elect people to vote on your behalf. If you don't feel that they are voting or representing your views accurately then you don't re-elect them.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 13, 2013, 11:16:11 pm by donnyplant »
Ok fair point, so can I ask if a vote took place between the elected parties?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 13, 2013, 11:21:38 pm by silent majority »

I'm not being funny, but do you think we should have a vote to determine whether we should carry out the fundamental purpose of the VSC? There are certainly no dissenting voices on the board of the VSC.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 13, 2013, 11:27:02 pm by River Don »
They were all elected unanimously I think.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 13, 2013, 11:47:06 pm by donnyplant »
I didn't say elected I said vote on the backing or not of SC.

The board I presume on a professional basis would always stand together in public and back each other. But behind the scenes peoples opinion can differ.

To answer my question did a vote take place to determine if the vsc should back or not back SC?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 13, 2013, 11:51:50 pm by Mr1Croft »
I didn't say elected I said vote on the backing or not of SC.

The board I presume on a professional basis would always stand together in public and back each other. But behind the scenes peoples opinion can differ.

To answer my question did a vote take place to determine if the vsc should back or not back SC?

Simply put: No because there didn't need to be one, after discussions we all quickly agreed that we couldn't back it due to the information (or lack of) provided.

For other aspects of our work where its clear from discussing not everybody agrees and a vote will take place, I believe that having a board that is quite diverse where each of us offer different opinions can only be good for the trust but we do adhere to collective responsibility once a decision has been made.

But it was pretty clear from the offset that we couldn't possibly back this without more information/assurances, as Martin alludes to the trust exists to ensure the long term sustainability of the club and backing this bid on what was available would be against what we are and what we stand for.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:58:17 pm by Mr1Croft »

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 13, 2013, 11:59:12 pm by donnyplant »
Ok thanks for the reply. So when it's stated the VSC is against it then this is just based on assumptions... As no vote took place to back it or even go against it.

I think it's one thing to back something but to come out and say you are against it is too the other extreme. I do think there is a stance in-between that may have been good to explore.

Saying "we won't back this until we get more info" is different to "we're against it until we get more info".

I am someone who doesn't back the SC but I am not against it either. Do you see where I am coming from?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 14, 2013, 12:05:17 am by Mr1Croft »
Ok thanks for the reply. So when it's stated the VSC is against it then this is just based on assumptions... As no vote took place to back it or even go against it.

I think it's one thing to back something but to come out and say you are against it is too the other extreme. I do think there is a stance in-between that may have been good to explore.

Saying "we won't back this until we get more info" is different to "we're against it until we get more info".

I am someone who doesn't back the SC but I am not against it either. Do you see where I am coming from?

I do see where you are coming from donnyplant and while I agree that there can be a difference between not backing it and being against it I think in this case there isn't, we don't back it and depending on choice of language it is equally accurate to say we are against it. That doesn't mean to say that will always be the case, we have asked questions that haven't been answered, If SC can give us the assurances/more information we ask of then we will review our position but until then nothing changes.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 14, 2013, 12:12:00 am by donnyplant »
Ok but do you think in something as big as this the members should be polled? I might setup a poll as I am interested in different peoples opinions here.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 14, 2013, 12:19:49 am by silent majority »
But your not a member, so why do you seem to think you have some influence on this issue?

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 14, 2013, 12:22:36 am by donnyplant »
I don't, I don't have any influence. But if I am considering joining surely I need to know the stance of the current membership? Is it not ok to ask this. I do pay into the VSC each year btw. A lot more than the cost of membership.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 14, 2013, 12:25:41 am by Mr1Croft »
As with the legislative function in government I dont believe in referendums when you have elected officials. It undermines the democratic process and trust placed in individuals to make these decisions on the electorates/members behalf.

Plus with your poll, you can't restrict non-members voting.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 14, 2013, 12:26:27 am by silent majority »
That's true, you have recently become a corporate sponsor and I will update your status.

However, there is a difference between the Viking Chat forum and the VSC itself, setting up a poll on here doesn't take that into account.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 14, 2013, 12:32:02 am by donnyplant »
I think something as major as this requires one, and if I was a member I would be campaigning for that.

I would prefer if the corporate sponsor was left out of my status unless we can add something to say the views are my own and not the company. I don't know if this is possible.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 14, 2013, 12:41:56 am by RobTheRover »
I think something as major as this requires one, and if I was a member I would be campaigning for that.

I would prefer if the corporate sponsor was left out of my status unless we can add something to say the views are my own and not the company. I don't know if this is possible.

Dave, the forum T&Cs state that all posts are the responsibility of the individual.  You can take that to mean your views and not your company's if you wish, I'd say.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 14, 2013, 12:50:09 am by Mr1Croft »
So your happy for elected officials to make decisions on your behalf, but the moment the issue becomes something major our capabilities are rendered useless?

What's more worrying is that the VSC has only acted in accordance with our existence to protect and ensure the long term sustainability. Everyone can make a decision but the trust board has to make the right decision, it may not be the most popular but as long as it is true to our values then we are doing the right thing. If it results in me not being re-elected as a result then so be it, but the long term survival of our club is more important.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012