Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:10:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: LUST calls for boycott of Leeds-Boro match  (Read 5848 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: LUST calls for boycott of Leeds-Boro match
« Reply #30 on January 22, 2016, 12:12:26 pm by drfchound »
Surely four weeks notice is good enough?
What if it had been a cup game or even a replay which only gets ten days notice.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 22, 2016, 12:18:58 pm by The L J Monk »
A cup game is different as you know the date you're playing and you plan accordingly. Some people will have made plans for this, and they've now changed it with 4 weeks notice. As the PL concede, they try to give a minimum of 6 weeks notice.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 22, 2016, 12:29:52 pm by drfchound »
Agreed but the point i am making is that cup games only get four weeks notice anyway and replays just ten days.
People make plans to go to those games in a short notice period.
Also, when a cup draw is made fixtures dates are not certain until the TV people have had their decision on which games to televise.
That could be anything from a friday night to a sunday.
Sometimes a rearranged fixture can benefit some fans as well as is the case with our rearranged game with Walsall.
Someone posted on here that they wouldnt have been able to go had the game been on the Saturday but they can now go as it has been put back to the following Tuesday.
That particular game has been rearranged at very short notice too and i havent seen our fans in uproar about it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 22, 2016, 12:44:25 pm by roversdude »
I'm still chuckling about the pie tax and then not having pies got to feel sorry for Leeds fans

Then again nah

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 22, 2016, 12:46:36 pm by The L J Monk »
I suppose it's more of an issue for teams like Arsenal or Leicester as there are a lot more fans going to the game, 60,000+ for the forthcoming match for example. Many will be travelling from throughout England, and even internationally. The same could be said of Leeds. With respect, I doubt we could make the same case for us against Walsall.

So you've got people who are travelling long distances who probably plan well in advance. They arrange transport, accommodation etc. and then get told, actually, it's a day later. More thank likely they'll take a financial hit because of this or not be able to attend.

With a cup game, you only need to decide if you can go or not. You're never going to have to pay twice because you have to re-book stuff, you just have less time to plan.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 23, 2016, 02:33:48 pm by sheffield exile1 »
So, what now are 95 Norwegian "Leeds Fans" going to do round Leeds on a satdi afternoon?

Smorgasboard at Guisley FC anyone?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 23, 2016, 10:38:07 pm by normal rules »
It's Leeds. Who cares.
Can this thread please be moved to the who gives a shit section.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012