Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:15:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket price delay  (Read 5891 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Ticket price delay
« on May 09, 2016, 10:08:05 am by Copps is Magic »
A few weeks ago the club released this
On 9th May the club will then communicate Season Ticket and Matchday pricing for the 2016/17 season with the divisional status at the forefront of the decisions on the new pricing structure.

Sounded very much like a reduction was coming. Now we're on the 9th May they've just released this

Prices will be announced on 20th May after consultation with supporters

What's the hold up then? We know what division we're going to be in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Ticket price delay
« Reply #1 on May 09, 2016, 10:12:32 am by DonnyOsmond »
Doesn't sound like season tickets will change.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 09, 2016, 10:17:00 am by Copps is Magic »
Call me cynical but it looks like they are waiting to see how ticket sales go before making a decision. If the whispers are true that they aren't too bad then they may be less inclined to reduce prices. That defeats the point of it being a matter of principle.

We also know that supporters have already been consulted so what more can be added at this point that hasn't already?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 09, 2016, 11:00:19 am by silent majority »
Its a question of fine tuning the prices and the board agreeing to a financial budget that a) gives us more than a fighting chance in LG2 and b) is low enough to reflect the fact we are in LG2.

The board need to agree that before prices can be confirmed.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 09, 2016, 11:06:57 am by steve@dcfd »
Maybe they should reflect what is really required financially to get out of lg2.
It appears that they failed to understand what was required to meet their targets this season and we fell out the league

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 09, 2016, 11:12:57 am by silent majority »
How did they fail to understand? Surely allocating the budget they did and recruiting what we all thought was a decent manager was doing the right things?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 09, 2016, 11:17:22 am by drfchound »
I think that the rumoured blocking of incoming transfers in January was a massive mistake and that could be what people are referring to.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 09, 2016, 11:23:27 am by The Red Baron »
I don't get this idea that incoming transfers were blocked. If they had been then I very much doubt Ferguson would still be here.

It may be that we were asked to pay over the odds for a particular player, but at the same time, if that player was fundamental to what Ferguson was trying to achieve, I doubt he would have accepted a veto.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 09, 2016, 11:25:50 am by Copps is Magic »
You would hope the board and the management are sitting down and making these decisions together.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 09, 2016, 11:29:19 am by Chris Black come back »
How did they fail to understand? Surely allocating the budget they did and recruiting what we all thought was a decent manager was doing the right things?

Budget reyt. Players and both managers wazaks.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 09, 2016, 11:50:03 am by The Red Baron »
Quick question: Are season tickets available after today at the Early Bird prices, or do prices now go up?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 09, 2016, 12:37:11 pm by steve@dcfd »

The CEO said before this season started it would be exciting times, they gave the budget the board decided to PD he brought in journey men and really only two have played regularly.

Was the budget good enough for PD to get players we required to achieve a top six finish that is questionable. The board brought in DF and he could not really improve the squad.

Both managers plus players must take responsibility for relegation.

But the owners must also accept that the budget they provided was not good enough to achieve their aims.

So if they do not get it right next season we could be relegated again.

So SM you may feel the owners did enough last season but we were relegated. So have they got the knowledge to set budgets to achieve their targets on evidence of the last five years I am very doubtful.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 09, 2016, 01:24:04 pm by jonnydog »
Quick question: Are season tickets available after today at the Early Bird prices, or do prices now go up?

I'd like to know this too.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 09, 2016, 01:29:28 pm by IDM »

The CEO said before this season started it would be exciting times, they gave the budget the board decided to PD he brought in journey men and really only two have played regularly.

Was the budget good enough for PD to get players we required to achieve a top six finish that is questionable. The board brought in DF and he could not really improve the squad.

But the owners must also accept that the budget they provided was not good enough to achieve their aims.

So SM you may feel the owners did enough last season but we were relegated. So have they got the knowledge to set budgets to achieve their targets on evidence of the last five years I am very doubtful.

Thing is, if you look at the players we brought in, both permanently and on loan, they SHOULD BE as a set of individuals good enough for the top end of the division.  Each manager has added to the squad, apart from strengthening the defence.

But it shows IMHO that the budget has been there, just not used effectively - that and the players underperforming compared to their potential.

The fault lies with the managers and the players - throwing more money around could easily have resulted in greater disappointment!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 09, 2016, 01:50:33 pm by steve@dcfd »

Thing is, if you look at the players we brought in, both permanently and on loan, they SHOULD BE as a set of individuals good enough for the top end of the division.  Each manager has added to the squad, apart from strengthening the defence.

But it shows IMHO that the budget has been there, just not used effectively - that and the players underperforming compared to their potential.

The fault lies with the managers and the players - throwing more money around could easily have resulted in greater disappointment!!

This were we disagree I believe the players in our squad were not good enough results have proved that. I did not believe we would get relegated but it has happened. There as been under performance. But the midfield apart from Tommy Rowe lately as been the worst I have witnessed since we came up from the Conference. Only a younger Coppinger would have got in the midfield that was promoted from league one in 2013, and we have had better players in league 1 sides.

Look at this side and tell who in our players would get in that team

01 Sullivan
02 Quinn Booked
05 Jones
14 Spurr
16 McCombe Booked
11 Cotterill Booked
12 Lundstram Booked (Keegan - 61' )
26 Coppinger Booked
35 Furman
09 Brown (Syers - 83' )
17 Hume (Paynter - 77' )

So we are in league 2 financial decisions need to be made for players to get us out of this league, then when that is done you hold the manager to account.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 09, 2016, 01:55:38 pm by IDM »
We'll have to agree to disagree.

How many would have McCombe ahead of Butler?  Whilst I greatly admired the work rate of Brown and Hume, how many of that side scored 16 goals?  I am not necessarily saying that the players now are as good as that squad, but what I am saying is the current lot have underperformed.  Don't forget this lot beat Wigan and Coventry very recently.

IMHO we went down due to bad form, lacking confidence, and ineffective management.  NOT from a lack of funding or talent in the squad.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 09, 2016, 02:29:21 pm by Donny Exile in York »
We did not have a recognised right back at the start of the season, a mismanagement of funds by Dickov or the manager getting the players he wanted (Williams, Stuckmann) and making do with McCullough at right back cos the budget did not stretch to another so called quality addition? Personally i think primarily the manager but that the budget wasnt as great as the objective of league one play offs all things being equal.. and i recognise its not all about biggest budgets i.e Burton being promoted.. but there must of been tight constraint for now recognised right back to start the season.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 09, 2016, 02:48:28 pm by Red wizard »
We did not have a recognised right back at the start of the season, a mismanagement of funds by Dickov or the manager getting the players he wanted (Williams, Stuckmann) and making do with McCullough at right back cos the budget did not stretch to another so called quality addition? Personally i think primarily the manager but that the budget wasnt as great as the objective of league one play offs all things being equal.. and i recognise its not all about biggest budgets i.e Burton being promoted.. but there must of been tight constraint for now recognised right back to start the season.
This is my feelings as well. Can't wait to see the accounts next year. Because our wage budget must be a lot lower than last seasons.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 09, 2016, 03:09:46 pm by RedJ »
And Donny Exile STILL won't understand the accounts. ;)

Oh and I'm taking the piss, before you start.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 09, 2016, 03:51:04 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Funny and the irony cos i work with them every day and done enough exams  related to them.

I am professionally qualified Accountant.

Run along back to the baby pram cos your right big on here arent you. Oh and i am taking the piss. What a gimp.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:00:27 pm by Forum Admin »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 09, 2016, 04:59:07 pm by RedJ »
Well. Somebody can't take a joke. :laugh:

And for what it's worth, I'm AAT qualified as well.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 09, 2016, 05:55:13 pm by wilts rover »
This is my feelings as well. Can't wait to see the accounts next year. Because our wage budget must be a lot lower than last seasons.

Why must it?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 09, 2016, 08:55:26 pm by silent majority »

Steve, I didn't say they did enough, I said they did the right things. If your objective is to finish in the play off places then you need to allocate a budget that sits inside the top six, they did that. They then realised that PD wasn't hitting his KPI's and needed to change managers, they did that too.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 09, 2016, 08:58:13 pm by silent majority »

I'd like to know this too.

Yes they are.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 09, 2016, 09:08:49 pm by Surrey Rover »
Yes they are going up or yes they are still available at the early bird prices?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 09, 2016, 09:28:03 pm by jonnydog »
Going on the response from SM, I will assume from an English Language point of view that they are still available at Early Bird prices.

Otherwise he'd have put 'yes they do'... Assuming of course his grammar is tip-top!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 10, 2016, 12:20:55 am by silent majority »
Sorry, its been a very long day, but I did mean they are still available at early bird prices.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 10, 2016, 08:05:09 am by Surrey Rover »
Thankyou.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 10, 2016, 02:20:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
If the board have used Key Performance Indicators the season before then PD should have been sacked then. If they have used KPIs this season then DF has missed them.

But I believe the board decided in January that we did not need to spend much more to either achieve their aims or they accepted we would not go up or relegated. The manager will have agreed with the decisions. So both were wrong.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 10, 2016, 02:48:42 pm by jonnydog »
Sorry, its been a very long day, but I did mean they are still available at early bird prices.

SM, when is this going to be announced (if you know), just out of interest?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012