Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:19:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mo Salah  (Read 4590 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Mo Salah
« Reply #30 on April 26, 2018, 03:26:42 pm by dickos1 »
As we talk today salah is a better player than ronaldo.
He has been the greatest but he’s 33 now and past his best

Have you seen Ronaldo's scoring record recently? It's still insanely high for a player aged 33 and he is still carrying that Real team when it needs doing, like in the Champions League. Salah may get there but he is not on the same level as Ronaldo or Messi yet.

NickDRFC however is right on Ronaldo in response to my point, I kind of reset my own parameters midway through that post so I should say, Ronaldo once he matured and hit his stride at Man Utd as a senior player fits the bill that Salah does now, but I actually think this is not too dissimilar a comparison since, lest we forget, Salah is not actually new to the Premier League. He was here before with Chelsea and was nowhere near the player he is now.

Ronaldo was on a higher level for years but this year he isn’t, salah is going to smash the premier league goal scoring record this year, it won’t even be close.

Ronaldo has scored 42 goals in 40 games this season and is as likely, if not more likely, to lead his team to the Champions League title again. Salah has 43 in 47 so his goals-to-games ratio is actually worse - overall, in the league and in Europe. Ronaldo has also scored 15 goals in the Champions League to Salah's 11, so it is just not accurate to say Salah is at a higher level than Ronaldo at present. Clearly Salah is only just hitting the level of Ronaldo and Messi rather than surpassing it.

This is correct but one thing I’d mention is ronaldo takes penalties and will have scored around a dozen this season

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 26, 2018, 03:38:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
Most exciting player since my mate Mark Atkins at Blackburn.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 26, 2018, 05:29:37 pm by Red wizard »
Could mesi or Ronaldo get that many goals in the prem? Prem  is another level to spain. Ask pep.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 26, 2018, 06:09:23 pm by GazLaz »
As we talk today salah is a better player than ronaldo.
He has been the greatest but he’s 33 now and past his best

Have you seen Ronaldo's scoring record recently? It's still insanely high for a player aged 33 and he is still carrying that Real team when it needs doing, like in the Champions League. Salah may get there but he is not on the same level as Ronaldo or Messi yet.

NickDRFC however is right on Ronaldo in response to my point, I kind of reset my own parameters midway through that post so I should say, Ronaldo once he matured and hit his stride at Man Utd as a senior player fits the bill that Salah does now, but I actually think this is not too dissimilar a comparison since, lest we forget, Salah is not actually new to the Premier League. He was here before with Chelsea and was nowhere near the player he is now.

Ronaldo was on a higher level for years but this year he isn’t, salah is going to smash the premier league goal scoring record this year, it won’t even be close.

Ronaldo has scored 42 goals in 40 games this season and is as likely, if not more likely, to lead his team to the Champions League title again. Salah has 43 in 47 so his goals-to-games ratio is actually worse - overall, in the league and in Europe. Ronaldo has also scored 15 goals in the Champions League to Salah's 11, so it is just not accurate to say Salah is at a higher level than Ronaldo at present. Clearly Salah is only just hitting the level of Ronaldo and Messi rather than surpassing it.

This is correct but one thing I’d mention is ronaldo takes penalties and will have scored around a dozen this season

Correct, panalties don’t count!!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 26, 2018, 06:18:23 pm by RoversAlias »
I think maybe we should get rid of penalties from the game, that way this won't happen again  :lol:

Actually, some refs already seem to apply this at our games.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 28, 2018, 01:47:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
Not to mention all the Olympic glory he brought to Great Britain.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 28, 2018, 01:54:59 pm by aidanstu »
I couldn't think of owt after Ronaldo. Suarez? According to wiki max he got in a prem season was 31, Salah may beat that. Also has a much more rounded game. And definitely a more likeable character.

Without meaning to sound pedantic it’s not his first season in the prem. he played 13 games for Chelsea between 2014 and 2016.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012