Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:23:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fannying about at the back....  (Read 3612 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Fannying about at the back....
« Reply #30 on August 20, 2019, 01:12:00 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
All professional footballers are capable of playing it at the back. If they couldn't hit a simple pass then they wouldn't be professional footballers.

The ability to play the pass is not the problem in most cases it's the movement for the next pass that makes the difference. They are paid to play football so should really be able to make angles for passes easy enough but sometimes it doesn't seem to happen

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 20, 2019, 01:16:36 pm by adamtherover »
All professional footballers are capable of playing it at the back. If they couldn't hit a simple pass then they wouldn't be professional footballers.
so we didnt lose the nations league because of simple mistakes at the back then?

Its not about playing a simple pass, a 4 yr old can do that. Its about the judgement of when to do it, if the receiver is already heavily marked as we saw on satdi, dont do it. Play it to a midfielder, who even if marked, wont lose the ball in a danger zone!.

Just to recap as well, not for one minute do i mean just lump it forward aimlessly, thats a waste of time., but last season lawler played it to butler/whiteman who almost immediately played it through the lines to kane and an attack was set in motion.  We have lost that midfield outlet currently, so passing it across the back line over and again very soon will cost us a goal. We were lucky on satdi. Anderson took a yellow after he lost his man after a bad pass, so was on a knife edge all game from then on.  Their second goal came from the free kick whiteman conceded after what potentially was a bad pass, which there were many of.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 20, 2019, 01:27:08 pm by Canadian Rover »
Playing it atvthe back may cost a goal or two...but potentially make many more.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 20, 2019, 03:44:08 pm by drfchound »
so we didnt lose the nations league because of simple mistakes at the back then?

Its not about playing a simple pass, a 4 yr old can do that. Its about the judgement of when to do it, if the receiver is already heavily marked as we saw on satdi, dont do it. Play it to a midfielder, who even if marked, wont lose the ball in a danger zone!.

Just to recap as well, not for one minute do i mean just lump it forward aimlessly, thats a waste of time., but last season lawler played it to butler/whiteman who almost immediately played it through the lines to kane and an attack was set in motion.  We have lost that midfield outlet currently, so passing it across the back line over and again very soon will cost us a goal. We were lucky on satdi. Anderson took a yellow after he lost his man after a bad pass, so was on a knife edge all game from then on.  Their second goal came from the free kick whiteman conceded after what potentially was a bad pass, which there were many of.

Anderson wasn’t booked on Saturday.

Sorry Adam but I had to laugh at the comment about the four year old.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 20, 2019, 05:42:53 pm by adamtherover »
My mistake, it was sheaf, principle still applies tho... 

You are welcome over the 4 yr old joke :-)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 20, 2019, 05:43:41 pm by drfchound »
My mistake, it was sheaf, principle still applies tho... 

You are welcome over the 4 yr old joke :-)

👍

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 24, 2019, 05:12:39 pm by adamtherover »
Does DM actually read this forum lol.

Overall much better today, many more balls played to midfielders rather than aimless sideways passes to a co defender already marked.  Going long actually made the first goal, and Lawler did more goal kicks in one match than I think I saw all season last year.  Theres no right or wrong way to play out, but sometimes mixing it up a bit isn't a bad option. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012