Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:09:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ravenhill  (Read 4122 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Ravenhill
« on July 28, 2021, 11:25:31 am by glosterred »
Liam that is played for Darlington against Harrogate last night

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/darlington-v-harrogate-town

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Ravenhill
« Reply #1 on July 28, 2021, 11:34:48 am by Metalmicky »
Thanks glosterred.... I see they lost 5:1 to Harrogate - although I note that Liam didn't come on until the 69th minute, by which time all the scoring had taken place...!

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 28, 2021, 11:40:12 am by Branton Rover »
Didn’t his dad have a spell up there too or have I dreamt that?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2021, 11:42:50 am by the vicar »
He played the whole game

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2021, 11:46:41 am by Metalmicky »
He played the whole game

OK - I assumed that the write up - from the Darlington site - that showed he came on as a sub on 69 minutes, was correct.

Darlington:

Team: Taylor, Hedley (sub Nelson 80), Beeden, Storey, Smith (sub Griffiths 80), Wheatley, Purver (sub Ravenhill 69), Rivers (sub Mondal 58), Hatfield, Dos Santos
Subs: Martin, Griffiths, Hope, Gilchrist (academy), Armstrong, Winstanley (academy), Woodhouse (academy)

Quakers gave sub outings to trialist Liam Ravenhill, son of former Darlington player Ricky, and striker Andrew Nelson, who had a spell on loan at Quakers from Sunderland three years ago and left Torquay at the end of last season.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:54:29 am by Metalmicky »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2021, 11:52:54 am by steve@dcfd »
Even Twitter said that last night giving live information that he came on in the 69 minute

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 28, 2021, 11:55:17 am by GazLaz »
There’s no guarantee the young lads will get loan moves to clubs with the money to fund their wages.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 28, 2021, 12:09:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
There’s no guarantee the young lads will get loan moves to clubs with the money to fund their wages.
It also makes you wonder with no U21/23 structure in place at the club and the lads not being ready for first team league one football why they were given contracts. If the budget is that tight where they’ve got go out on loan to bring others in.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:19:02 pm by steve@dcfd »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 28, 2021, 12:14:15 pm by the vicar »
Even Twitter said that last night giving live information that he came on in the 69 minute
we can all get something wrong or are you exempt lol

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 28, 2021, 02:23:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
It also makes you wonder with no U21/23 structure in place at the club and the lads not being ready for first team league one football why they were given contracts. If the budget is that tight where they’ve got go out on loan to bring others in.

Potential

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 28, 2021, 02:39:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
So PDX we given contracts to six u21 players on the basis that they all have potential. I have no problem with that in fact I like it, but unless they go out on loan they won’t play football unless they improve drastically. Their wages are affecting a player coming in. They were signed before the present manager was in place and could have a good look at them and he’s decided they need to go out as they are not ready for the first team squad. I don’t want to spend anybody’s money but there should be a potential budget which is separate from the main budget. I know it’s been and still difficult you don’t have to explain.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 28, 2021, 03:00:19 pm by RoversAlias »
I said this yesterday in another thread, but you can't just bin off young players because they aren't ready *yet*. Most of these players being discussed are under 20/21 years old, they shouldn't be expected to be world-beating first team players at the moment. Rovers have invested time and money in their development and they need time to reach that potential.

Too many fans treat new signings as some God-send, as if all new signings will automatically be good. To that I say...look at the impact (or lack thereof) of Omar Bogle, Elliot Simoes and Ellery Balcombe after they signed in January. I'd rather we hadn't bothered bringing any of them in as it turned out, and I'm sure many would agree.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 28, 2021, 03:11:15 pm by GazLaz »
Since we got back in the EFL the youth system, then paying the products of that, must have cost us a fortune compared to the return we have had. It can’t be a financially viable endeavour. It’s more a process of acquiring cheap players to pad the squad out for a short term period. 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 28, 2021, 03:12:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
I said this yesterday in another thread, but you can't just bin off young players because they aren't ready *yet*. Most of these players being discussed are under 20/21 years old, they shouldn't be expected to be world-beating first team players at the moment. Rovers have invested time and money in their development and they need time to reach that potential.

Too many fans treat new signings as some God-send, as if all new signings will automatically be good. To that I say...look at the impact (or lack thereof) of Omar Bogle, Elliot Simoes and Ellery Balcombe after they signed in January. I'd rather we hadn't bothered bringing any of them in as it turned out, and I'm sure many would agree.
Totally agree with what you’ve said but without the structure at the club for now then these potential young players shouldn’t impact on the main budget.
Players brought to the club in January were a risk I agree and they did not work out under the circumstances that the club found themselves in when DM decided to leave.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 28, 2021, 03:48:35 pm by Retdon1 »
If we loan the 4 young players out we may get something like £200 a week from the loan club to cover their wages. That £800 a week would pay for Barlow wages for the season for example.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 28, 2021, 04:02:27 pm by Draytonian III »
When players get loaned out the parent club more often than not pays a very large chunk if not all of the players wages ,eg Josh Sims was reputedly on £18k a week at Southampton when came to us

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 28, 2021, 04:13:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
We want to loan players from premier league for free yet would like a payment for our loans to other clubs. £200 a week to sides in the National League North is not going to happen.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 28, 2021, 06:16:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
We want to loan players from premier league for free yet would like a payment for our loans to other clubs. £200 a week to sides in the National League North is not going to happen.

Give it a rest Steve crying out loud every one of your posts smacks of wrist slitting I think we all get how you feel

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 28, 2021, 06:40:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Premier League clubs don't need our money.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 28, 2021, 06:57:31 pm by scawsby steve »
If we loan the 4 young players out we may get something like £200 a week from the loan club to cover their wages. That £800 a week would pay for Barlow wages for the season for example.

Do you mean would HELP to pay Barlow's wages? There's no way he'd have signed for £800 a week.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 28, 2021, 07:11:35 pm by NickDRFC »

Do you mean would HELP to pay Barlow's wages? There's no way he'd have signed for £800 a week.

Why not? He’s a 21 year old lad who hasn’t made a senior appearance for 18 months and not been paid for over a year. I don’t know what he’s being paid but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s around that level.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 28, 2021, 07:50:04 pm by GazLaz »

There is a way.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 28, 2021, 09:54:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

To put that in perspective it's over 40k a year. Lots of people don't earn £800 a week.

The average league 1 wage is less than you think.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 28, 2021, 10:42:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Don’t think for a second we get £200wk for the young lads we loan out to the 6-8th tier

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 28, 2021, 10:43:32 pm by Retdon1 »

You be surprised how many players in league 1 and 2 earn that sort of money. Barlow is a young lad who hasn’t had a club for 18 months. Idd be very surprised if he’s on more than £700-£800 a week. I do know for a fact that a young lad we released this summer who make numerous 1st team appearances for us was only on £600 a week last season.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 28, 2021, 10:45:23 pm by Retdon1 »
Don’t think for a second we get £200wk for the young lads we loan out to the 6-8th tier

That was just a guesstimate from my self as Idd imagine that’s about 50% of their weekly wage. We must be getting something if Wellens says getting a few out on loan will free up money to enable him to make another signing

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 29, 2021, 06:22:10 pm by rich1471 »
Think Horton signed his new contract and is on less than £500 a week

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 29, 2021, 07:16:20 pm by scawsby steve »
Think Horton signed his new contract and is on less than £500 a week

Then seeing as the minimum wage is around £300 a week, that's a p*ss poor wage for a professional footballer.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 29, 2021, 07:39:28 pm by ravenrover »
Think back all those years to when you were their age SS. Are you able to?
You'd have loved to have been on the equivelant wage back then
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 09:50:34 pm by ravenrover »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 29, 2021, 08:12:07 pm by Draytonian III »
Most clubs have a bonus scheme

TinyPortal © 2005-2012