Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:31:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ravenhill  (Read 4123 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Ravenhill
« Reply #30 on July 29, 2021, 08:52:57 pm by GazLaz »
Think Horton signed his new contract and is on less than £500 a week

Then seeing as the minimum wage is around £300 a week, that's a p*ss poor wage for a professional footballer.

Thousands would take that opportunity for free. Lower league footballers don’t get paid much. A select few do and they get the headlines.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 30, 2021, 08:36:19 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Remember a few years ago we were in for a non-league striker who got bags of goals.

He turned it down to be semi-pro, earnt more working his trade and playing semi-pro than he would in league one.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 30, 2021, 09:00:50 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Not great money for the young lads but it’s like any professional you start on a fraction of what a senior gets and have to make steps up to earn good money.

Shame for these lads is they often don’t progress past where they are now which is a shame

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 30, 2021, 09:22:31 am by Metalmicky »
Not great money for the young lads but it’s like any professional you start on a fraction of what a senior gets and have to make steps up to earn good money.

Shame for these lads is they often don’t progress past where they are now which is a shame

If, at their age I had been given the opportunity to play football everyday and be on minimum wage I would have jumped at it. 

I'm sure the package they are on will include other fringe benefits such as travel expenses, training kit, food whilst training, educational courses etc etc and will also offer up any number of life lessons and social skills along with teamwork, discipline and self esteem.....

Plus there is also the opportunity to progress into a career that offers a wage and benefits that increase as you improve..

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 30, 2021, 09:44:12 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I'd be interested to know how it works with boot cleaning and stuff.
In the past youth teamers would get decent tips for doing odd jobs for the senior players, wonder if it still goes on.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 30, 2021, 04:08:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
Ravenhill should have been training with Darlington since he came off the bench for them we are waiting for a decision whether or not he’s going on loan. This is what LiamHoden as put on Twitter.

According to Alun Armstrong Darlington manager he’s with them for 10days to have a look at him. Didn’t really want to put him on against Harrogate but said they have a look at him in the next three games of Middlesbrough X1 Sunderland X1 and Whitby town
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 04:31:35 pm by steve@dcfd »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 30, 2021, 11:19:21 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

If, at their age I had been given the opportunity to play football everyday and be on minimum wage I would have jumped at it. 

I'm sure the package they are on will include other fringe benefits such as travel expenses, training kit, food whilst training, educational courses etc etc and will also offer up any number of life lessons and social skills along with teamwork, discipline and self esteem.....

Plus there is also the opportunity to progress into a career that offers a wage and benefits that increase as you improve..

That’s what I’m saying. Not great money to start but it’s like that in any job these lads get to play football everyday and have a chance to make a living that way. Lots of people would take a massive pay cut for the chance (I know I would if I was good enough!£

TinyPortal © 2005-2012