Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:59:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jayden Oden  (Read 3397 times)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
Jayden Oden
« on July 29, 2021, 11:21:40 am by Super Colin Cramb »
Last night I was sat in the West stand just in front of where Jayden was injured. It looked a real nasty one with him not moving for the entire time he has being treated and carried off. Has anyone got an update on how the lad is?
Due to him being a trialist it looks as though he could be without a club whilst in his recovery.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Jayden Oden
« Reply #1 on July 29, 2021, 11:24:11 am by the vicar »
All I know is he was rushed to DRI straight from the pitch

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2021, 11:25:51 am by drfchound »
It did look bad.
Hopefully nothing too serious.
Maybe the club can give him another chance to impress when he is fit enough to play again.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 11:49:31 am by drfchound »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2021, 01:22:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Liam Hoden
Hearing that Jayden Onen was discharged from hospital this morning and is recovering well after the incident early on in last night's game  #drfc

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2021, 02:01:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well that’s good for the lad whether he plays for us again or not hope he recovers and continues to play football

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2021, 05:02:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
That’s great news. He’s probably under some kind of concussion protocol though which means it is very unlikely he will be able to find a club now for the start of the season. Tough then without friendlies to play in as a trialist.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2021, 06:22:17 pm by roversdude »
Seems as though he was injured playing for Rovers should we look after him a la Joe Wright - just playing devil’s advocate as this was the thought process some people used when Wright was injured

Seriously hope he’s ok though wasn’t there so didn’t see it

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 29, 2021, 06:29:12 pm by Janso »
Seems as though he was injured playing for Rovers should we look after him a la Joe Wright - just playing devil’s advocate as this was the thought process some people used when Wright was injured

Yeah but Wright was actually a club employee at the time, the trialist wasn't.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2021, 06:29:58 pm by aidanstu »

I had this discussion last night when it happened. Joe Wright for me is a funny one; how loyal should you be to him when we brought him through the ranks, offered him a contract and he turned it down.

Whilst I like the face the club seem to be acting honourably surely can’t be taking up wages when we are struggling to bring players in.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 29, 2021, 08:23:53 pm by roversdude »

An employee who had turned down a contract though - if you or me injured ourselves on the last day of a fixed term contract I don’t think we’d get paid.
The lad last night was trying to prove himself to get a contract

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 29, 2021, 08:55:42 pm by GazLaz »

An employee who had turned down a contract though - if you or me injured ourselves on the last day of a fixed term contract I don’t think we’d get paid.

If you were in the army and got hurt in a war zone  a week before you were due to leave they’d look after you.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 29, 2021, 09:19:32 pm by aidanstu »

If you were in the army and got hurt in a war zone  a week before you were due to leave they’d look after you.

If you were serving your notice at work and one week before you were due to leave any other job would they pay you long term sick pay if you fell ill? No.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 29, 2021, 09:22:01 pm by roversdude »
Personally I think it’s correct with JW but there were plenty who stated he was injured playing for Rovers so we should look after him

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 29, 2021, 09:32:54 pm by selby »
  Surely he will have signed some sort of contract to even play with the club therefore will be covered by the clubs insurance.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 29, 2021, 09:42:19 pm by GazLaz »

If you were serving your notice at work and one week before you were due to leave any other job would they pay you long term sick pay if you fell ill? No.

If you were injured in the line of duty you would get something though.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 29, 2021, 10:23:25 pm by Jonathan »
I can’t believe the Joe Wright debate is still going on. Whilst his form dipped in the second half of last season (not helped by being shunted out of position, and the form of others) you could never say his effort or commitment dropped. He carried on putting his body on the line and ultimately got injured playing for our club. Of course we should help him. I for one hope he regains his fitness and form and plays for us again.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 30, 2021, 02:14:02 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Trouble is I think his head was elsewhere. I thought it was time for him to move on anyway having struggled to find consistency and being affected by regular injuries.

Who knows, this may change things and he might have a rethink. I assume he'll be a free agent.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 30, 2021, 05:53:54 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I just hope we don't end up with a 'Kevin McIntyre situation'.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 30, 2021, 08:27:07 pm by keith79 »
What kind of club must we all be supporting. Fancy looking after a player who got injured while playing for us. Rubbish rovers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:12:56 pm by keith79 »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 30, 2021, 10:58:38 pm by BobG »
And what, exactly, was the problem with Kevin McIntyre? Everybody behaved perfectly properly to resolve a situation not of the making of anybody at all at the club. An agreement was found which satisfied everybody. Is that the situation you hope doesn't recur Colin?

BobG

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2021, 12:14:02 am by Pancho Regan »
And what, exactly, was the problem with Kevin McIntyre? Everybody behaved perfectly properly to resolve a situation not of the making of anybody at all at the club. An agreement was found which satisfied everybody. Is that the situation you hope doesn't recur Colin?

BobG

We looked after him and then he f****d off.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2021, 08:35:18 am by Jonathan »

BobG

We looked after him and then he f****d off.

Because his dad was severely ill and he needed to be close to his family - a situation that the club was aware and understanding of well in advance of his departure.

I’d have done the same in his shoes - family is more important.

He got some despicable abuse regarding the above situation from our fans. Comments shouted about his dad. About as low as it gets. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 09:21:17 am by Jonathan »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012