Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:26:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No away fans at Harrogate- streaming info to follow  (Read 2234 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Harrogate left that late!!

Apparently unable to have their safety certificate validated so no DRFC fans there this weekend.

DRFC will now be talking to the EFL to see if we can set up Ifollow at short notice for those fans who want to take advantage of that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: No away fans at Harrogate- streaming info to follow
« Reply #1 on July 29, 2021, 05:45:22 pm by PDX_Rover »
I always liked Harrogate… but bloody hell… this is a bit amateur.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2021, 06:19:40 pm by rich1471 »
I have IPTV the link was showing yesterday , showed rovers game last night as well

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2021, 09:48:09 pm by Campsall rover »
Surprised they haven’t agreed to switch the game to the Keepmoat.

Would that not have been possible? Get fans in and maybe share gate receipts with Harrogate. Surely that would have been preferable than playing with no fans watching.

Disappointed as was looking forward to seeing Town who have a number of new players in their squad as well as of course seeing the Rovers team which would very possibly be the starting line up for the Wimbledon game.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2021, 10:08:55 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Bit confused. Had to use I-Follow last night and it had the Harrogate advertised as bookable on I Follow Sunday at 2pm unless I read it wrong? So again as can't make it was going to book it, so I believe it has been available on I - Follow, but as I say could have read it wrong?

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2021, 10:29:10 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Now looks like not bookable-strange?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 30, 2021, 10:13:44 am by silent majority »
It shouldn't have been there as there was never an arrangement in place.

Once Harrogate confirmed that they can't operate their safety certificate and told DRFC of that then the club have to approach the EFL and try to make the arrangements. Its very, very short notice though.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 30, 2021, 10:16:39 am by jamesrover17 »
Hopefully its not too short notice to get something arranged! I would like to see this game, be a bit more realistic as to where we are as a team, Newcastle/Blades was a glamour tie as daft as it sounds, Harrogate will give us chance to blow some cobwebs off at a similar level

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 30, 2021, 11:17:15 am by steve@dcfd »
Question the streaming that’s live for the game on Sunday on Harrogate website is that only for home supporters. Also if EFL agree for us to stream does that money go to DRFC only or ims that shared with Harrogate
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 04:44:27 pm by steve@dcfd »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 30, 2021, 04:44:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
So the match can be streamed by Harrogate website for £5 no commentary

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/harrogate-town-match-available-to-stream/

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 30, 2021, 05:13:09 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
There will be a crowd. Home fans can attend. I live in Harrogate and have got a ticket.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 05:40:47 pm by Geoff Blakesley »

RoverAG

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 30, 2021, 11:34:25 pm by RoverAG »
Looking forward to watching, I think we'll learn more in this game than we did say against United.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2021, 10:01:50 am by Campsall rover »
There will be a crowd. Home fans can attend. I live in Harrogate and have got a ticket.
Just bought mine Geoff.  Main stand seating. Have previous purchase history.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2021, 10:33:57 am by the vicar »
I always liked Harrogate… but bloody hell… this is a bit amateur.
how is it amateur on there part, surely it is the council’s fault.  They have done all the work they told them to do but the council are dragging there feet as per.  They have cost the clue a small fortune with behind closed doors games, Sunderland would have filled there ground twice over

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2021, 12:07:14 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Strange thing is they are selling match passes for streaming league games if you check the site, home and away. I would be happy if the EFL came to some agreement that we got the option of away matches. Mid-week Plymouth games ended for me a few years ago!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2021, 01:13:50 pm by Janso »
Strange thing is they are selling match passes for streaming league games if you check the site, home and away. I would be happy if the EFL came to some agreement that we got the option of away matches. Mid-week Plymouth games ended for me a few years ago!

And how do you police that? you'd have anyone signing up as an away fan.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2021, 01:32:06 pm by TheFunk »
How is it the council's fault that they don't have enough stewards or that they haven't tested the CCTV system and that the control room has no way of communicating with anyone outside. A lot of their fans are not happy with their club at all and have recently set up a supporters trust. Apparently they've recently had a technical change of ownership which has been kept very quiet.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2021, 04:20:42 pm by sheffield exile1 »

And how do you police that? you'd have anyone signing up as an away fan.

Fair point, however I would balance the options. If someone was going to think between attending a match in person or watching a stream how committed really are they to go? As Shaun Lockwood has said we have made lucrative income from I-Follow so do we get that person's £10 or potentially nothing? The world has changed in digital terms and a 100% reversal will never take place in my opinion. Getting some income from supporters who can't get to Portsmouth midweek but who want to watch their team, as opposed to a coach load of dedicated fans, who I take my hat off to, having done so in the past, must be a viable income stream. So is policing it so much of an issue?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012