Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tomorrow’s game  (Read 4278 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Tomorrow’s game
« on July 31, 2021, 10:27:19 am by the vicar »
In my book, I think RW should be putting what he thinks is his starting 11 to start with, or at least the ones that are available for next Saturday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Tomorrow%u2019s game
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2021, 10:40:51 am by Campsall rover »
In my book, I think RW should be putting what he thinks is his starting 11 to start with, or at least the ones that are available for next Saturday.
I would be surprised if he did not.
My guess based on fitness availability would be.

Jones

Knoyle, Williams, Anderson, Rowe

Smith, Reed, Close  (Assuming Bostock not match fit then Reed if he is still on RWs Radar)

Barlow, Cukur/Bogle, Hiwula

Not sure which of the two strikers will start.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:46:36 am by Campsall rover »

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Tomorrow’s game
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2021, 10:44:48 am by the vicar »
Reed isn’t available through Covid till at least Tuesday mate or is that Close lol

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2021, 10:47:33 am by the vicar »
Well it wouldn’t be Bogle lol

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2021, 10:54:49 am by DonnyOsmond »
Reed isn’t available through Covid till at least Tuesday mate or is that Close lol

Close

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2021, 10:58:28 am by the vicar »

Close
thanks Donny O since I have had my treatment my memory has been sh.t lol

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2021, 11:07:15 am by steve@dcfd »
Bostock and Close won’t be available I wouldn’t play Reed If we are not going to sign him. The centre midfield is the problem but Richie will patch it up for this game
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:25:33 am by steve@dcfd »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2021, 11:09:41 am by Campsall rover »
Close forgot about that. We are a bit short in midfield without him.
Maybe a trialist or Greaves will play?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2021, 11:22:35 am by DonnyOsmond »
I'd like to see Greaves given a go there, at DM but Wellens doesn't seem keen at the moment and his put him on the loan list. When he's played him in friendlies he's tended to put him at one of the CM spots too.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2021, 11:31:21 am by steve@dcfd »
Richie as said in latest interview with DFP that we won’t get the player he needs in this transfer window. A tall physical imposing player for the DM. 
So for this game we will have Smith and two more.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2021, 11:58:01 am by RugbyRover »
RW goes on about being a coach.

Well he needs to look at the current squad and see who he could coach to fill that DM spot.

Obvious answer is Rowey who could do it with his eyes closed but RW doesn't want to lose his best fullback. Next obvious is Cam John (ahh that old chestnut).

CJ does have all the attributes needed, just needs coaching.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2021, 12:06:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Well he needs to look at the current squad and see who he could coach to fill that DM spot.

Obvious answer is Rowey who could do it with his eyes closed but RW doesn't want to lose his best fullback. Next obvious is Cam John (ahh that old chestnut).

Do you think RW is not bright enough to have considered all possible options.
I agree about CJ playing that role but maybe RW sees it differently.
Do not think TR is suited to it. Just my take on it.
Opinions opinions but the only ones that count are RW and NH.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2021, 12:55:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
Rowe is not a defensive midfield player he likes to attack generally from wide left positions or left central midfield. CJ as not the control to be a central figure in midfield he’s a young lad who is and will become a good center back. Richie will have looked at Greaves in training filling that position he must have decided like me he’s not up to it. That’s why he’s been looked at going for a loan. So for this game not sure who he will play. We can only hope Close and Bostock are available for the first league game. Tomorrow will be interesting to see what team we put out will Trialist still be here.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2021, 02:03:57 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I would be really surprised if we don’t have any midfield trialists on show given RW’s comments after the Blades game

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2021, 02:10:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
I would be really surprised if we don’t have any midfield trialists on show given RW’s comments after the Blades game
I think we will need it especially a taller robust player for DM and if Reed still here he can play further forward with Smith.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2021, 03:32:13 pm by ravenrover »
Latest interview says it won't happen this transfer window

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2021, 03:43:54 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I wouldn't think Cameron John could do the defensive midfield role, his passing is far too inconsistent to put him there.  Christ! we'd be in all sorts of trouble giving the ball away there every other kick.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2021, 05:54:41 pm by Jonathan »
Has Cameron John ever played in midfield at any point in his entire career? Just wondering if other qualified coaches have missed what those on here have seen.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2021, 06:41:50 pm by RugbyRover »

I wouldn't think Cameron John could do the defensive midfield role, his passing is far too inconsistent to put him there.  Christ! we'd be in all sorts of trouble giving the ball away there every other kick.

I'm not expecting him to play like Pirlo. All he has to do is win headers, win tackles and then give the ball to a proper footballer. I saw Paul Keegan do exactly the same thing for years when he played with a certain Ritchie Wellens.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 31, 2021, 06:47:43 pm by RugbyRover »

Do you think RW is not bright enough to have considered all possible options.
I agree about CJ playing that role but maybe RW sees it differently.
Do not think TR is suited to it. Just my take on it.
Opinions opinions but the only ones that count are RW and NH.

Not sure what your point is  :unsure:

I'm sure RW is bright enough to have considered all options but that doesn't stop me putting forward my ideas does it?

I'm sure RW has considered all options re trialists but that's not stopped us spouting off about that topic has it? 

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2021, 07:35:40 pm by GazLaz »
I’m pretty sure CJ couldn’t play in that role to any decent standard.

I always think it’s ingrained in English culture that we want to convert defenders into being “CDMs”. I’d always want to look at converting better footballers to play there. You don’t need a hard man tackler, those days are gone. It’s a game of filling the right spaces, tracking runners,  blocking passing lanes and making interceptions these days. An intelligent player, with good mobility, that can pass is what you need.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2021, 08:00:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I always think it’s ingrained in English culture that we want to convert defenders into being “CDMs”. I’d always want to look at converting better footballers to play there. You don’t need a hard man tackler, those days are gone. It’s a game of filling the right spaces, tracking runners,  blocking passing lanes and making interceptions these days. An intelligent player, with good mobility, that can pass is what you need.

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 31, 2021, 08:07:48 pm by Ronnie Dovers »

I'm not expecting him to play like Pirlo. All he has to do is win headers, win tackles and then give the ball to a proper footballer. I saw Paul Keegan do exactly the same thing for years when he played with a certain Ritchie Wellens.

I think you're doing Paul Keegan a massive disservice there, although I agree with the idea that he's exactly the type of player we need in our starting 11 right now.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 31, 2021, 08:23:30 pm by RugbyRover »

I take your point but to me CJ could do all those things you mention.

So if you look at our squad, as it is, who's going play that role for you?

Or maybe we don't need one?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 31, 2021, 08:59:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Agh again with John in midfield why does this always come up! should never happen unless we can't field an 11 any other way!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 31, 2021, 09:24:17 pm by ravenrover »
A converted centre half the future of Englands midfield I give you

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 31, 2021, 09:42:01 pm by steve@dcfd »

I take your point but to me CJ could do all those things you mention.

So if you look at our squad, as it is, who's going play that role for you?

Or maybe we don't need one?

At the moment no one so that’s the problem the squad is not big enough we need more players whether we can afford them is another question.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 31, 2021, 09:49:47 pm by GazLaz »
I think there’s a chance we end up playing 4231 as opposed to the 433 that RW is desperate to play. I much prefer 433 if you have the players to play that way but I think if he see us getting over run in midfield he will end up having two players sitting in there.

I really hope we can get a good holding midfielder in, I wouldn’t be desperate to sign Reed personally. If there’s no money in the pot a Ben Sheaf type loanee may be the only option.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 01, 2021, 09:11:17 am by the vicar »
In truth I think RW has promised Reed if he can get the money together.  If not why would he still be sticking around as he needs a club

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 01, 2021, 09:31:42 am by steve@dcfd »
In truth I think RW has promised Reed if he can get the money together.  If not why would he still be sticking around as he needs a club
he might be signed as long at the next transfer window Richie can get his taller , physical defensive midfield player he won’t be signed if he needs the funds for that type of player

TinyPortal © 2005-2012