Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:59:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Big Doncaster Rovers Season Preview  (Read 1045 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
The Big Doncaster Rovers Season Preview
« on July 31, 2021, 12:03:29 pm by RoversAlias »
Hi folks,

One week out from the start of the new season, it's time to go in-depth on Rovers and assess where we are at for the new season.

Check out the link below to read thoughts from Daniel Nice, Abigail Hinder and Gabriel Sutton on a wide range of topics, from Richie Wellens to new signings, the squad make-up and tactical style, to ambitions for the season and much more.

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/big-doncaster-rovers-season-preview-21-22

Many thanks to the contributors to this piece for their insights, please let me know your thoughts on the article and the topics discussed.

- How quickly can Wellens get us going?
- Is the squad in good shape?
- Who will come to the fore this season?
- Where can Rovers hope to finish?

Many thanks for reading as always everybody.

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: The Big Doncaster Rovers Season Preview
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2021, 12:23:51 pm by Campsall rover »
Hi folks,

One week out from the start of the new season, it's time to go in-depth on Rovers and assess where we are at for the new season.

Check out the link below to read thoughts from Daniel Nice, Abigail Hinder and Gabriel Sutton on a wide range of topics, from Richie Wellens to new signings, the squad make-up and tactical style, to ambitions for the season and much more.

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/big-doncaster-rovers-season-preview-21-22

Many thanks to the contributors to this piece for their insights, please let me know your thoughts on the article and the topics discussed.

- How quickly can Wellens get us going?
- Is the squad in good shape?
- Who will come to the fore this season?
- Where can Rovers hope to finish?

Many thanks for reading as always everybody.

:scarf:
Great preview Alias.
Every thing that could be said about Rovers prospects and new season in general was said.

So much looking forward to this season starting. It’s has been a very long wait to getting back to that match day routine.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2021, 06:08:36 pm by scawsby steve »
Thanks for that, Alias, but I have to say I prefer your opinions on Rovers to some of those from the guests above.

The biggest howler for me was Daniel's assessment that promotion would have been an inevitability had DM stayed. His signings in January were atrocious, and our form was dipping in front of our eyes, culminating in one point from his last 5 games in charge.

I guess we all see things differently.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2021, 07:46:27 am by Campsall rover »
Thanks for that, Alias, but I have to say I prefer your opinions on Rovers to some of those from the guests above.

The biggest howler for me was Daniel's assessment that promotion would have been an inevitability had DM stayed. His signings in January were atrocious, and our form was dipping in front of our eyes, culminating in one point from his last 5 games in charge.

Promotion was not inevitable agreed SS  But it was ours to lose.
DM had obviously had his head turned well before he left to go to S6
Think his mind was elsewhere. That is why imo the rot had already set in.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2021, 03:27:55 pm by RoversAlias »

We do indeed, I imagine if we polled the South Stand we'd get dozens of different viewpoints each week!

I don't think I agree with Daniel on that particular point either, but I do see where he was coming from and everyone I spoke to for the article offered some great insights in my opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012