Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:49:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is anyone watching  (Read 6324 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Is anyone watching
« Reply #60 on August 01, 2021, 04:06:46 pm by sha66y »
Is Barnes a free agent or still with QPR ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 01, 2021, 04:07:29 pm by GazLaz »
The trial keeper “looked assured”??? He had very little to do. Impossible to tell.

I believe one of the trialists that came on was Jacob Butterfield. Watched him last season for Melbourne Victory in Aus, he was dreadful.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 01, 2021, 04:08:13 pm by jmt23 »
Its hard to judge the team when so many are missing, but that was a disjointed performance. We were far better than them when we wanted to be, and when we played football on the floor. On that showing and with that team, it looks a bottom half season at best at the moment. We looked very tired in the last 10.

I thought against Newcastle Bogle was really up for it, but he has sunk back into hiding on the pitch again. Louis did make a few mistakes again, but he is going too at that age, and with the relative lack of experience, I hope if he does get game time this season we don't get on his back and crush him - he does have good potential.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 01, 2021, 04:09:20 pm by bigal »
Thanks for score

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 01, 2021, 04:17:19 pm by scawsby steve »
Its hard to judge the team when so many are missing, but that was a disjointed performance. We were far better than them when we wanted to be, and when we played football on the floor. On that showing and with that team, it looks a bottom half season at best at the moment. We looked very tired in the last 10.

I thought against Newcastle Bogle was really up for it, but he has sunk back into hiding on the pitch again. Louis did make a few mistakes again, but he is going too at that age, and with the relative lack of experience, I hope if he does get game time this season we don't get on his back and crush him - he does have good potential.

We can't go on that showing and with that team though. We had Close, Hiwula, Fej, and Taylor missing today. Plus the fact that we'll probably be bringing at least 3 more loans in; especially if we can't afford to sign any of the remaining trialists.

Let's wait and see.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 01, 2021, 04:28:16 pm by Padge_DRFC »
At least next to nobody is expecting loads this season.

We need a keeper, DM, ideally a striker but we already have 3 but that's based on Bogle bring crap.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 01, 2021, 04:42:36 pm by StocksArmy »
I will be amazed if we dont see another loan striker come in soon. We cant rely on Fej being fit and Bogle is a waste of space. Wellens had a pop at him in the 2nd half for not making the most obvious of runs for a striker to make. He offers absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:50:15 pm by StocksArmy »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 01, 2021, 04:47:48 pm by since-1969 »
At least next to nobody is expecting loads this season.

We need a keeper, DM, ideally a striker but we already have 3 but that's based on Bogle bring crap.
This has got to the the worst preseason preparations I can remember in since we lost our league status pre John Ryan . Wellens has set about building from a weakened position and has set his sights on getting his firsts choices in . The budget may slow him down but IMO he could still get a leg up from trailists signings as he can make a case to the board , because of injuries to key players unable to begin the season .

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 01, 2021, 04:58:51 pm by sha66y »
I think team re-building and Covid have knocked quite a few teams right across the board, and everyone will be feeling they are unprepared in some way…..

A season of expected struggle with glimpses of what will be for me!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 01, 2021, 08:19:35 pm by danumdon »
Hard to make a case for too many out of that performance, some good interplay in small patches but the centre midfield was a glaring weakness, Gardner was workman like but too many misplaced passes. Reed looks neat and tidy but looks a little lightweight too me.We still lack that midfield enforcer to tie up the loose ends and give cover to the two centre backs who i thought dovetailed ok. would love Hussani to step up to the plate but does RW think so ? poss loanee position ?

Both right backs look good, Knoyle looks very assured and tidy, i think in time with more games together the defence will look better than last season, I can see Seaman pushing all the way and even getting some games pushed further forward in front of the full back. Tommy Rowe looks nice and assured playing at left back, sane again i can see him  playing some gamed further forward on the left, Horton and  Bottomley both providing good cover there.

Up front looks an issue still and i'm hoping we get lucky with an impressive young loanee because Bogle shows no improvement and Tiago is very raw with some promise. Baldwin looks an instinctive player who i think can come good for us.

With Close, Taylor Fegi and poss Bostock to add to the run out side i'm thinking it will be a steady start for us but should improve as the season progresses.

Be very interesting to see the squad dynamics evolve with RW, he certainly has his own ideas of what he wants and is not slow or scared to let the players know, i can see some not getting on his right side  suffering the consequences.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 01, 2021, 08:35:01 pm by Rovers91 »
Hard to make a case for too many out of that performance, some good interplay in small patches but the centre midfield was a glaring weakness, Gardner was workman like but too many misplaced passes. Reed looks neat and tidy but looks a little lightweight too me.We still lack that midfield enforcer to tie up the loose ends and give cover to the two centre backs who i thought dovetailed ok. would love Hussani to step up to the plate but does RW think so ? poss loanee position ?

Both right backs look good, Knoyle looks very assured and tidy, i think in time with more games together the defence will look better than last season, I can see Seaman pushing all the way and even getting some games pushed further forward in front of the full back. Tommy Rowe looks nice and assured playing at left back, sane again i can see him  playing some gamed further forward on the left, Horton and  Bottomley both providing good cover there.

Up front looks an issue still and i'm hoping we get lucky with an impressive young loanee because Bogle shows no improvement and Tiago is very raw with some promise. Baldwin looks an instinctive player who i think can come good for us.

With Close, Taylor Fegi and poss Bostock to add to the run out side i'm thinking it will be a steady start for us but should improve as the season progresses.

Be very interesting to see the squad dynamics evolve with RW, he certainly has his own ideas of what he wants and is not slow or scared to let the players know, i can see some not getting on his right side  suffering the consequences.

We will be desperate if Bottomley gets a run out at left back considering he is a keeper.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 01, 2021, 09:30:20 pm by danumdon »

We will be desperate if Bottomley gets a run out at left back considering he is a keeper.

Good one, i meant the young left back that came on, was it Blyth, didn't look like Horton. That camera angle !!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 01, 2021, 10:18:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Very disappointed with today’s performance at Harrogate.

Gardener did ok. Reed Busy as was Smith but no one really got a grip of midfield and dictated play. Tommy Rowe looks much better at left back than in midfield which is where he played the last 20 mins or so.

Yes I have come to the conclusion that Omar Bogle is simply not up to it.
He was awful. Never won one header, never controlled a ball played into him and his movement was awful.
If he plays 46 league games ( heaven help us ) he will not score more than 4/5 goals all season.
Curkur has potential but that’s all it is. The Harrogate centre backs Hall and McCardle had him in their pockets.

I am very concerned about our front players. We need a proven league 1 goal scorer and I am not sure where one is going to come from.

Jones is causing me concern in goal. He does not command his 6 yard box and his distribution is very suspect at times.
Maybe we need a more experienced keeper. The trialist who came on looked ok but only on for 20 mins so very difficult to make a judgment on him.

Lots of work for RW to do on this squad to make us competitive.
We need Fej, Bostock and Taylor fit ASAP  that is for sure.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 01, 2021, 10:32:05 pm by danumdon »
Was that Jacob Butterfield that came on late in the number 9 shirt?
Didnt do too much but managed to pick a couple of passes, worth a punt?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 01, 2021, 10:35:46 pm by Campsall rover »
Was that Jacob Butterfield that came on late in the number 9 shirt?
Didnt do too much but managed to pick a couple of passes, worth a punt?
I think it was him. Not impressed but again only played about 15 mins.
He was having a good chat with Copps at half time.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 02, 2021, 09:07:08 am by RedRover45 »
Yes, number 9 was Butterfield

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 02, 2021, 09:31:39 am by DonnyOsmond »
These shirt numbers are a shambles.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 02, 2021, 03:51:31 pm by steve@dcfd »

Gardener did ok. Reed Busy as was Smith but no one really got a grip of midfield and dictated play. Tommy Rowe looks much better at left back than in midfield which is where he played the last 20 mins or so.

He was awful. Never won one header, never controlled a ball played into him and his movement was awful.
If he plays 46 league games ( heaven help us ) he will not score more than 4/5 goals all season.
Curkur has potential but that’s all it is. The Harrogate centre backs Hall and McCardle had him in their pockets.

I am very concerned about our front players. We need a proven league 1 goal scorer and I am not sure where one is going to come from.

Jones is causing me concern in goal. He does not command his 6 yard box and his distribution is very suspect at times.
Maybe we need a more experienced keeper. The trialist who came on looked ok but only on for 20 mins so very difficult to make a judgment on him.

I think Richie as changed his mind over Jones in the latest DFP he’s called him a development keeper he’s showing flaws now he is playing in front of crowds. Mistakes in the last two games with his distribution. Richie is talking of getting a loan keeper in with in next 48 hrs it could be Barnes from QPR but there two more. He’s also talking experience and quality. So we will see what we can achieve
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 04:20:58 pm by steve@dcfd »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 02, 2021, 04:37:18 pm by drfchound »
I’ve just had a quick look at the Harrogate game highlights on the DROS and we still look very vulnerable when opponents play a high ball into our box.
It was the same last season and cost us numerous points.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 02, 2021, 04:44:21 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I hope big Tom is back to his old self. Before he was knocked sparko by Balcombe.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 02, 2021, 07:08:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
Tom was heading balls out no problem against Newcastle but when the goal keeper makes silly mistakes then all the defence confidence in him goes. We need better so let’s hope we can achieve that. Also we need the midfield three to start playing together regularly to get better and same for the attacking three.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 02, 2021, 07:54:20 pm by roversdude »
There seemed a lack of communication between Williams and Jones on a couple of occasions

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 02, 2021, 08:04:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I think Richie as changed his mind over Jones in the latest DFP he’s called him a development keeper he’s showing flaws now he is playing in front of crowds. Mistakes in the last two games with his distribution. Richie is talking of getting a loan keeper in with in next 48 hrs it could be Barnes from QPR but there two more. He’s also talking experience and quality. So we will see what we can achieve

Development keeper doesn't mean he's development squad level, it could just mean he is one who will develop over time.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 02, 2021, 08:53:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
Yes I know that his development will continue and we see how he goes he’s 22 and not many keepers are No1 at that age. That’s why I wanted a more experienced keeper. But he’s not ready for consistent league 1 level.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 08:55:50 pm by steve@dcfd »

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 02, 2021, 09:04:42 pm by Harrogate Rover »
I was stood near the dug outs yesterday and Richie Wellens was on both Louis Jones and Omar Bogle case right from the start. He wasn't happy with Jones's distribution and was constantly telling him to try and play out from the back rather than hitting it long everytime. He was clearly heard at one point saying 'Your pi$$ing me off now Louis', and gave him a right barrage when he brought him off, clearly not happy with his role in Town's second goal.
I'd like to think that Wellens put a fatherly arm round him afterwards as I felt really sorry for him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 02, 2021, 09:08:49 pm by Alan Southstand »
Part of the learning process, Harrogate.

RW has already said he’ll give him whatever tools he needs to improve him, probably starting with building up his confidence!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 02, 2021, 09:44:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
What’s the goal keeping coach doing to in still more confidence in our keepers. He knows what the manager requires at the moment he got 2/3 keepers to coach and improve.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 02, 2021, 09:48:10 pm by RoversAlias »

It didn't read that way to me, though I may be wrong. He seemed to stress how he wants to help develop Jones, and this GK loan signing is nothing new as it has been planned from the start.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 02, 2021, 10:38:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I was stood near the dug outs yesterday and Richie Wellens was on both Louis Jones and Omar Bogle case right from the start. He wasn't happy with Jones's distribution and was constantly telling him to try and play out from the back rather than hitting it long everytime. He was clearly heard at one point saying 'Your pi$$ing me off now Louis', and gave him a right barrage when he brought him off, clearly not happy with his role in Town's second goal.
I'd like to think that Wellens put a fatherly arm round him afterwards as I felt really sorry for him.

I saw the pissing me off comment and thought he was looking more infield so potentially at Reed. I do hope he knows the lads and isn't just yelling at all of them, as that can have a negative effect and ruin their confidence and cause them to do even worse on the pitch.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 03, 2021, 08:27:20 am by GazLaz »
This lack of confidence line with Jones is horse shit. Any issues stem from a lack of experience combined with a lack of ability at this stage in his career. Any confidence issue can only be a byproduct of that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012