Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:44:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hiwula & Fejiri INJURED  (Read 6225 times)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Hiwula & Fejiri INJURED
« Reply #30 on August 01, 2021, 07:25:34 pm by vaya »
Like people have already stated big earners have gone only Rowe will be on a big wage, if anything something has changed and the rebuild has the brakes suddenly applied and a case of here Richie find a bargain feel to it…. How clubs like Lincoln and fleetwood and come to think of it several conference teams can show more ambition shows something isn’t right somewhere.

Fleetwood suffering a transfer embargo for breaking the conditions of the EFL loan they took out in no way undermines two points you've made already.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 01, 2021, 07:25:56 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Not exactly an easy start to the season either to get away with a weak team. Wimbledon arguably our easiest game in August first up.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 01, 2021, 07:40:00 pm by Michael Gibson »
For a board which publicly stated it wanted a sustainable championship club within 5 years and a super league rugby league it’s fair to say it’s not going to plan is it!!!!…….. the reason is no investment and nothing else.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 01, 2021, 07:47:12 pm by godlike1 »
I asked Liam holden if season tickets are linked to budget. As far as he knows it isn't and is back to the pre-covid levels. Essentially wellens has paid out more  for what he sees as quality league 1 players which means his budget has not gone as far. He doesn't want loads of loans, fair enough has he left himself short to even do that or bring trialists in. I reckon he's trying to put pressure on the  bd to give him more money. Until he's shown what the players can do I can't see that happening after they were stung by some of dickovs and fergusons dodgy signings where you hoped 1 in 3 would come good

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 01, 2021, 07:57:31 pm by Redandwhite »
It's certainly less than ideal, and I'm sure Ritchie didn't want to be in this position at this stage .
Let's hope he gets the backing he needs, and quick.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 01, 2021, 07:58:19 pm by roversdude »
Michael how much have you invested in the club ? Get together with 1969 and I’m sure between you you’ll be able to buy the owners out

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 01, 2021, 08:01:32 pm by wilts rover »
For a board which publicly stated it wanted a sustainable championship club within 5 years and a super league rugby league it’s fair to say it’s not going to plan is it!!!!…….. the reason is no investment and nothing else.

How much should they put in to buy promotion?

All you do is whinge - come on state the figure if that's what you think football should be about, how much it costs to buy promotion.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 01, 2021, 08:06:00 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Absolutely not into Board bashing or conspiracies. The owners of the club are the ones best placed to make decisions in the short, medium and long term interests of the club. It’s clear that something has changed - and season ticket sales may be a contributory factor as suggested above.

As a fan, of course I care about the impact that has on the team / squad that we’re able to put out on the pitch. The suggestions in some quarters that we can’t even talk about it are nonsensical. We, the fans, are amongst the most important stakeholders the club has. I’d hope we can all filter out the relentlessly dissenting voices and share and respect other opinions, even where we don’t always agree.

For me, the depth of the squad looks concerning and it isn’t where I’d hoped it would be with less than a week to go to the season. I’d like nothing better than to be made to look stupid for voicing that concern.
A great post Jono, as usual. After signing Knowle, Barlow, Rowe, Williams & Close on full time contracts, clearly RW was looking to 'fill out' the squad with loan signings once their clubs had given any such potential Rovers loanees, the opportunity to train with their parent club before accepting any loan offers.

There is clearly pressure on him to sign a good 'back up' if not potentially a first start keeper, in order to 'push' Jones in that position. The long term injuries to Fej & Hiwula at a time when we are looking for our season to kick off in less than a week must be giving RW palpitations....it certainly is me!

Welcome 'home' Richie!

If we can be competitive, play some 'good football' & finish top half of the division, I for one will be a happy man. Then with all 'debts' paid to HMRC etc, we kick on next season.

Now is the time as a Rovers supporter to 'put your hand in your pocket' in any way shape or form to enable the best board this club has ever had in order to 'stabilise' our club before moving it forwards.

It's going to be a frustrating, fist clenching, seat grabbing season so 'buckle in' & support the team.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 01, 2021, 08:18:16 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Doncaster Rovers fans are amongst the best supporters in the country. The passion that they put into writing off a season, and players, before a ball is kicked really is very impressive. The manner in which conspiracy theories are identified really does leave a lump in the throat.  The automatic assumption that they know better than the Manager and those who run the club, is genuinely a thing of beauty. The ease with which they’re able to spend other people’s money (the boards) never ceases to impress me. The ability to slag off anything and everything to do with the club, from the board to the quality of beer sold in the concourse must leave supporters of other clubs shaking in their boots.

So, based on SOME of the comments on this thread we’d all be better finding something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 01, 2021, 08:19:12 pm by GazLaz »
Balancing the budget is a tough one for all managers. We are a club that has top half expectations (at least) and you need a good core of players to achieve that. Wellens has tried to sign a core of players with the ability to mix it in the top half of L1 at the expense of a bit of depth. I don’t mind that strategy, it just has its pitfalls if we have a bit of an injury crisis. Just look at the players we had in the team that got to the playoffs under McCann. Rowe, Sadlier, Wilks, Kane, Marquis etc. We are miles off that now.

The budget has fallen into a range where there is very little margin for error. That’s the boards prerogative. I don’t think us as fans can get too annoyed if we really struggle this season based on that.

Such is the fire power in the top half of L1 we have to be realistic, if the plan is for us to run on a sustainable basis we are a bottom half L1 club. The only way that will change is if Terry starts putting the c£1.5m a year into the club which I am led to believe used to be the case. That won’t happen so we have to take the rough with the smooth.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:25:36 pm by GazLaz »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 01, 2021, 08:34:24 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I asked Liam holden if season tickets are linked to budget. As far as he knows it isn't and is back to the pre-covid levels. Essentially wellens has paid out more  for what he sees as quality league 1 players which means his budget has not gone as far. He doesn't want loads of loans, fair enough has he left himself short to even do that or bring trialists in. I reckon he's trying to put pressure on the  bd to give him more money. Until he's shown what the players can do I can't see that happening after they were stung by some of dickovs and fergusons dodgy signings where you hoped 1 in 3 would come good

Fergies dodgy signings? Whiteman and Marquis generated them a nice income.

That CB Anderson he signed isn't bad either.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 01, 2021, 08:41:35 pm by Michael Gibson »
I can’t believe people seriously think the owners are ploughing money in…. They claim most of it back through taxable charity donations through club Doncaster being a charitable trust, there not stupid, the sooner people wise upto it the better, like I say who can tell tell me what’s happened to the sustainable championship club and super league rugby team???? We’re nowhere near and the sooner these imposters are gone the better.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 01, 2021, 08:45:32 pm by vaya »
I can’t believe people seriously think the owners are ploughing money in…. They claim most of it back through taxable charity donations through club Doncaster being a charitable trust, there not stupid, the sooner people wise upto it the better, like I say who can tell tell me what’s happened to the sustainable championship club and super league rugby team???? We’re nowhere near and the sooner these imposters are gone the better.

Could you let people know Club Doncaster's registered charity number Michael?

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 01, 2021, 08:57:13 pm by Chris the Rover »
It was only a matter of time until the prats came out of the woodwork. Before a ball has been kicked in anger. Really impressive!!!

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 01, 2021, 09:11:14 pm by Ronnie Dovers »

Dear lord, what a sad little life, Michael

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 01, 2021, 09:11:45 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Please don't acknowledge him. Bit of luck he'll f**k off for good. What an incredibly boring individual.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 01, 2021, 09:12:05 pm by danumdon »

Are you actually a Rovers supporter? your version of WUM is solidly lacking.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 01, 2021, 09:18:53 pm by the vicar »
Just because someone doesn’t see things as  all the rovers whets on hers you want them to f••k off or be ignored well, so just for you this is a free country and a free site and people are allowed there own view and opinion or is they are not then it makes this site a dictatorship

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 01, 2021, 09:20:18 pm by ravenrover »
Could it just possibly be that more has been spent on the incomings, hence unable to cover all positions?
Even by usual standards the conspiracy theories about the budget have started early. I remember that the days when you’d get this at the end of the summer window. Gets earlier and earlier.

Is this a joke? We are less than one week away from the start of the season with no more friendlies to play in an attempt to gel the team, our squad is less than paper thin, full of kids and trialist and you think the concern has started early?
Why involve me in that ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 01, 2021, 09:35:14 pm by dickos1 »

Fergies dodgy signings? Whiteman and Marquis generated them a nice income.

That CB Anderson he signed isn't bad either.

Ferguson’s recruitment was the best we’ve had since SOD by a long way

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 01, 2021, 09:36:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Wish I'd never started this thread.

These injuries are quite a blow, and we are looking short across the pitch to be honest, but some of the posts in here are way past reasonable.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 01, 2021, 09:45:59 pm by Pancho Regan »
Just because someone doesn’t see things as  all the rovers whets on hers you want them to f••k off or be ignored well, so just for you this is a free country and a free site and people are allowed there own view and opinion or is they are not then it makes this site a dictatorship

If you’re supporting Michael Gibson’s opinions Vicar then shame on you.

He’s a complete WUM and anyone who supports his views is not a Rovers supporter.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 01, 2021, 09:52:36 pm by jamesrover17 »
I think with the recent unfortunate turn of events injury wise, this “got to get some out to bring some in” just needs to go out of the window and a little extra needs to be pumped in just to get the cover, Reed, Harrison… Potentially Gardner or Butterfield and the loans, two very experienced players in Hiwula and Fej missing for a good chunk, don’t think replacing these with 18 year olds from PL clubs will cut the mustard, we will be back in the same position as the end of last season which is what we strived to avoid, a top job so far just unfortunate

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 01, 2021, 10:04:31 pm by aidanstu »
Could it just possibly be that more has been spent on the incomings, hence unable to cover all positions?
Even by usual standards the conspiracy theories about the budget have started early. I remember that the days when you’d get this at the end of the summer window. Gets earlier and earlier.

Is this a joke? We are less than one week away from the start of the season with no more friendlies to play in an attempt to gel the team, our squad is less than paper thin, full of kids and trialist and you think the concern has started early?
Why involve me in that ?

Sorry mate I’m not sure how that happened; it wasn’t intended.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 01, 2021, 10:12:46 pm by since-1969 »
Oh dear. Jordy Hiwula out for "several months" and Okenabirhie at least eight weeks, according to Wellens.

Leaves us with a forward line of only Bogle, Cukur, Barlow and Taylor to choose from. What do we do now?
Bellends !! Has spent his way into corner and with trailists still being trooped out ,  injuries now piled up and several players not off the books yet and his first game only six days away  , so he will be on his knees on Monday morning trying to justify how he has done this ..you couldn’t make this up !!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 01, 2021, 10:29:34 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

What an odd post.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 01, 2021, 10:40:42 pm by tyke1962 »

Let me enlighten you how a sustainable championship club actually works in reality because I'm a fan of one .

Our wage bill is £13m and rising every season at an alarming rate , it was £9m in league one two seasons ago and ours is amongst the smallest at this level .

What comes in doesn't meet what goes out so to balance the books we have to sell our better players .

The club have sold almost 12k season tickets this summer and we get £8m from Sky and it still doesn't balance the books .

When you say sustainable what do you actually mean ?

Someone else sustains championship football out of their own personal wealth and funds your aspirations for you ?

If Rovers want to be a competitor in the championship by hook or by crook at least a minimum of £15m per season needs to be raised .

That's a solid fact .

You need to visit planet reality fella and actually see things for what they are .

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 01, 2021, 10:42:18 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Ok i claim my £5

You are a retired (or unemployed)  "pocket watch repairer" and you need something to wind up every day.    ...... Rumour has it even every pocket watch "sticks two fingers up" at you

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 01, 2021, 10:43:55 pm by since-1969 »

Could you let people know Club Doncaster's registered charity number Michael?
Does  this help you ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 01, 2021, 10:44:41 pm by Campsall rover »

Let me enlighten you how a sustainable championship club actually works in reality because I'm a fan of one .

Our wage bill is £13m and rising every season at an alarming rate , it was £9m in league one two seasons ago and ours is amongst the smallest at this level .

What comes in doesn't meet what goes out so to balance the books we have to sell our better players .

The club have sold almost 12k season tickets this summer and we get £8m from Sky and it still doesn't balance the books .

When you say sustainable what do you actually mean ?

Someone else sustains championship football out of their own personal wealth and funds your aspirations for you ?

If Rovers want to be a competitor in the championship by hook or by crook at least a minimum of £15m per season needs to be raised .

That's a solid fact .

You need to visit planet reality fella and actually see things for what they are .
Your wasting your time Tyke. MG has his own agenda. Just ignore him. Not worth the time or effort.   ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012