Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:49:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hiwula & Fejiri INJURED  (Read 6223 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Hiwula & Fejiri INJURED
« Reply #60 on August 01, 2021, 10:52:24 pm by roversdude »
Oh dear. Jordy Hiwula out for "several months" and Okenabirhie at least eight weeks, according to Wellens.

Leaves us with a forward line of only Bogle, Cukur, Barlow and Taylor to choose from. What do we do now?
Bellends !! Has spent his way into corner and with trailists still being trooped out ,  injuries now piled up and several players not off the books yet and his first game only six days away  , so he will be on his knees on Monday morning trying to justify how he has done this ..you couldn’t make this up !!

So you slag Richie on this thread and hail him as a saviour on another ?????

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 01, 2021, 11:05:13 pm by since-1969 »
Oh dear. Jordy Hiwula out for "several months" and Okenabirhie at least eight weeks, according to Wellens.

Leaves us with a forward line of only Bogle, Cukur, Barlow and Taylor to choose from. What do we do now?
Bellends !! Has spent his way into corner and with trailists still being trooped out ,  injuries now piled up and several players not off the books yet and his first game only six days away  , so he will be on his knees on Monday morning trying to justify how he has done this ..you couldn’t make this up !!

Im a saying he will be on his knees for his decision making With regards to his budget … but I do except his honesty what’s needed and I hope he can tell us what the boards reaction to his situation is ? But if it’s first ever managers job the last thing you want is to say that you’ve F*** up already !! .. his name just lends its self to his plight !!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 01, 2021, 11:15:34 pm by drfchound »
Doncaster Rovers fans are amongst the best supporters in the country. The passion that they put into writing off a season, and players, before a ball is kicked really is very impressive. The manner in which conspiracy theories are identified really does leave a lump in the throat.  The automatic assumption that they know better than the Manager and those who run the club, is genuinely a thing of beauty. The ease with which they’re able to spend other people’s money (the boards) never ceases to impress me. The ability to slag off anything and everything to do with the club, from the board to the quality of beer sold in the concourse must leave supporters of other clubs shaking in their boots.

So, based on SOME of the comments on this thread we’d all be better finding something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

You know what Herbert, I reckon that Rovers supporters are no worse than supporters of other clubs with their opinions and expectations.
Of course everything you said in your above post is true but isn’t true of the thoughts of all of our supporters.
Whenever I read the supporters threads of other clubs I see stuff that reminds me so much of the shyte I see posted on this forum by some people.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 01, 2021, 11:30:50 pm by the vicar »
That is because fans of other clubs sites are allowed there own opinions and views hound

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 01, 2021, 11:56:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
If the forum mods decide to ban Mr Gibson I'm sure he won't be missed.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 02, 2021, 12:15:08 am by Janso »
That is because fans of other clubs sites are allowed there own opinions and views hound

They are on here, just as other fans are allowed to hold and express the opinion that they're talking shite.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 02, 2021, 06:09:25 am by Avsuptem »
I am a bit surprised by all the negativity on here. Anyone would think we are the only club in league one that has suffered a loss of income due to covid.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 02, 2021, 07:27:45 am by vaya »
I can’t believe people seriously think the owners are ploughing money in…. They claim most of it back through taxable charity donations through club Doncaster being a charitable trust, there not stupid, the sooner people wise upto it the better, like I say who can tell tell me what’s happened to the sustainable championship club and super league rugby team???? We’re nowhere near and the sooner these imposters are gone the better.

Could you let people know Club Doncaster's registered charity number Michael?
Does  this help you ?

No

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 02, 2021, 07:31:10 am by Alan Southstand »
Let me enlighten you how a sustainable championship club actually works in reality because I'm a fan of one .

Our wage bill is £13m and rising every season at an alarming rate , it was £9m in league one two seasons ago and ours is amongst the smallest at this level .

What comes in doesn't meet what goes out so to balance the books we have to sell our better players .

The club have sold almost 12k season tickets this summer and we get £8m from Sky and it still doesn't balance the books .

That is an excellent post, Tyke, and it highlights exactly where we are and what we are up against to get anywhere near the Championship.

I might be wrong here, as our wage bill is never openly put out there for scrutiny, but I don’t think we are anywhere near £9M (and we’re a few years on from that quoted figure).

It speaks volumes about expectation and where it should be!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 02, 2021, 08:08:06 am by drfchound »

They are on here, just as other fans are allowed to hold and express the opinion that they're talking shite.

So we all agree then.   I think.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 02, 2021, 08:10:45 am by steve@dcfd »
We have three players of our first team squad injured and Taylor may be back in the first two weeks of the season. We need to bring in another keeper this week. The amount of defenders is the strongest part of the squad with amount of numbers. We should have three midfield players if Bostock and Close prove their fitness in the behind close door match on Wednesday at St George’s Park. The back up for those three is limited. The front three we have three players with Williams as back up.
So will we have the funds to bring the three loans this week. Will we sign any of the Trialist if they are not what we want I don’t want to see us panicked into signing them.
So the first few weeks are going to be difficult for Richie we have a small squad available to him. Especially putting players on the bench. Looking at other clubs I would suggest our squad is one of the smallest in the league.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 02, 2021, 08:48:41 am by Campsall rover »
Fej out for at least another 8 weeks according to RW
Hiwula out for even longer, maybe back before Christmas.

Need those loan signings in pretty sharpish. 

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 02, 2021, 08:49:43 am by chrisfisher »
The fact is, we don't have the level of support or interest in the town to aim for anything big any more. Dreams of being a sustainable Championship club is just pure fantasy. It will never happen.

Similar sized clubs have shifted twice as many season tickets as us for the up coming season. We cannot compete. Unless we see some new investment outside the current status quo, this is how it is going to be.

And that isn't a dig at the current board, they do a great job keeping the club going, but if we have any desire to go to the next level, something has to change.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 02, 2021, 08:59:26 am by Campsall rover »
The fact is, we don't have the level of support or interest in the town to aim for anything big any more. Dreams of being a sustainable Championship club is just pure fantasy. It will never happen.

Similar sized clubs have shifted twice as many season tickets as us for the up coming season. We cannot compete. Unless we see some new investment outside the current status quo, this is how it is going to be.

And that isn't a dig at the current board, they do a great job keeping the club going, but if we have any desire to go to the next level, something has to change.
Well it won’t happen with a negative attitude.
Surprising what a bit of success on the pitch does. Interest will be re kindled. 
You can’t say it will never happen. No such thing.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 02, 2021, 09:23:41 am by The Beast »
For a club our size we have had unbelievable successes over the last 20 years since bottoming out under Richardson. This has given a lot of our fans false expectations.
We can not spend beyond our means if we want to keep a professional club in the town for us to support. Season tickets sales aren’t great, understandably with Covid, also there are a lot of floating football fans in Donny who have probably jumped on the Leeds bandwagon this last couple of years.
Yes we’ve lost two strikers, that’s football! Let’s get down to the Keepmoat this Saturday and get behind the team, isn’t that what we’ve been crying out for for over a year? 

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 02, 2021, 09:34:40 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We have to be realistic. We will only ever be promoted with good management and a fully fit squad, that's how it is. With injuries it will be tough.

Look back to the promotion teams, they didn't have huge depth but a strong eleven.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 02, 2021, 09:40:01 am by Chris Black come back »
When people were asking about what a “consolidation season” means - well this is it. We are at the start of a massive structural rebuild and shit like this is going to happen. It’s going to be a longer term project and if the side looks a bit threadbare at times this season, such is life. For us to get out of this league then all the parts need to fit exactly into place. It might not happen for a while, but will be fascinating to watch this develop.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 02, 2021, 09:44:15 am by silent majority »
I can't believe that we are here again, discussing the budget and ownership with a set of WUM's who have no idea how any of this works.

1) The budget doesn't fluctuate depending on how many season tickets are being sold.
2) The budget was set months ago, is higher than it was 2 seasons ago, and considerably higher than last season for obvious reasons.
3) The total club budget was set on a very low expectation for ST sales, which was surpassed weeks ago and continues to delight the club with the level of sales achieved
4) Club Doncaster is not a charity, and the owners don't reclaim any money, either from the club or from the taxman
5) The Foundation, which sits inside Club Doncaster, is a charity, as is every Foundation at every league club up and down the country
6) The budget has not been used up yet, as with all budgets allowing players to leave changes the ratio, but its far too early to be writing the rebuild off
7) Its been made clear by the club that the rebuild will not be done in one transfer window, so we need patience

The VSC, a supporters trust, is here for one major reason, to keep tabs on the ownership and financial health of the club, and as such we know more about the ongoing situation than anyone. We are perfectly happy at this current stage and believe the club has managed throughout the pandemic better than most.

If there's anything specific you need me to cover please ask, I'm meeting Gavin later today and can always ask.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 02, 2021, 09:44:48 am by the vicar »
We have a massive rebuilding structure every time we have a new manager or it seems it

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 02, 2021, 09:46:09 am by silent majority »
We have a massive rebuilding structure every time we have a new manager or it seems it

And other clubs don't?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 02, 2021, 10:13:53 am by NickDRFC »
I can't believe that we are here again, discussing the budget and ownership with a set of WUM's who have no idea how any of this works.

1) The budget doesn't fluctuate depending on how many season tickets are being sold.
2) The budget was set months ago, is higher than it was 2 seasons ago, and considerably higher than last season for obvious reasons.
3) The total club budget was set on a very low expectation for ST sales, which was surpassed weeks ago and continues to delight the club with the level of sales achieved
4) Club Doncaster is not a charity, and the owners don't reclaim any money, either from the club or from the taxman
5) The Foundation, which sits inside Club Doncaster, is a charity, as is every Foundation at every league club up and down the country
6) The budget has not been used up yet, as with all budgets allowing players to leave changes the ratio, but its far too early to be writing the rebuild off
7) Its been made clear by the club that the rebuild will not be done in one transfer window, so we need patience

The VSC, a supporters trust, is here for one major reason, to keep tabs on the ownership and financial health of the club, and as such we know more about the ongoing situation than anyone. We are perfectly happy at this current stage and believe the club has managed throughout the pandemic better than most.

If there's anything specific you need me to cover please ask, I'm meeting Gavin later today and can always ask.

Thanks SM, just one from me. With point 3, with these higher than expected sales does (or rather will) that additional revenue get spent somewhere or just reduce the additional funding needed to plug the shortfall?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 02, 2021, 10:16:23 am by Draytonian III »
Welcome back Mr Gibson, isn’t there much doing on the other local teams forums ? It must be our turn for a couple of days

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 02, 2021, 10:22:23 am by the vicar »
We have to be realistic. We will only ever be promoted with good management and a fully fit squad, that's how it is. With injuries it will be tough.

Look back to the promotion teams, they didn't have huge depth but a strong eleven.
we don’t have a big enough squad to keep them all fit for a full season, nowhere near we.  We haven’t kicked the seasonmate, and we have major injuries so what does that tell the blue

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 02, 2021, 10:55:43 am by silent majority »

Thanks SM, just one from me. With point 3, with these higher than expected sales does (or rather will) that additional revenue get spent somewhere or just reduce the additional funding needed to plug the shortfall?

I wouldn't say that the ST sales are higher than expected, more a case of higher than the budget. The club, at the time of budget setting, had no idea how many tickets would be sold so worked on a figure that they felt they would achieve if everything covid wise was stacked against them.

But to answer your question, I think that it will be a case of wait and see. The club still have massive debts to deal with, and the budget is set so as to see them paid off at the end of this season and into next summer. I think the budgeted figures will remain the same for the time being and the additional revenue will be a nice cushion.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 02, 2021, 10:58:16 am by Herbert Anchovy »

And there you go - this response cannot be any clearer on where we are. How can anyone in their right mind argue against any of this?  Yet I can pretty much guarantee that someone will still be able to create some absurd conspiracy theory behind it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 11:12:58 am by Herbert Anchovy »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 02, 2021, 11:16:15 am by GazLaz »

I wouldn't say that the ST sales are higher than expected, more a case of higher than the budget. The club, at the time of budget setting, had no idea how many tickets would be sold so worked on a figure that they felt they would achieve if everything covid wise was stacked against them.

But to answer your question, I think that it will be a case of wait and see. The club still have massive debts to deal with, and the budget is set so as to see them paid off at the end of this season and into next summer. I think the budgeted figures will remain the same for the time being and the additional revenue will be a nice cushion.

Was the option of owners paying off the debt and being paid back over a longer period never an option to minimise the short term impact of the pandemic?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 02, 2021, 11:34:16 am by sha66y »
Clubs finances are good..
Team building is ongoing as was expected…
Injuries have been sustained, shit happens..
Expectations are were they should be …… mid table, higher is a bonus!
This forum is both heated and comedic at times
The psychic element have already foretold our season a whole week before it starts

This is “ Meltdown week” so enjoy the ride…….Oh to be a Rovers fan ! Rtid

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 02, 2021, 11:47:32 am by roversdude »
Thanks SM for providing clarity, however it won’t work, the usual suspects will (whatever is put to them) take every opportunity to have a dig at the board

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 02, 2021, 12:23:08 pm by the vicar »

I don’t remember anyone slagging him off to be honest

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 02, 2021, 02:33:32 pm by silent majority »
I should have made myself a bit clearer though, in points 2 and 6 I'm speaking specifically about the playing budget. But having said that the two, i.e. club budget and playing budget, are pretty much the same thing as the playing budget eats up the lions share of the club budget.

As a general rule when the clubs income exceeds expectations that money moves into the playing budget which then makes the January window a bit more appealing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012