Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:31:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Some of the worst robberies in British history  (Read 3335 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Some of the worst robberies in British history
« on August 01, 2021, 09:10:43 pm by the vicar »
The Crown Jewel robbery - 1671
The Great Train Robbery - 1963
Hatton Garden Heist - 2015

Omar Bogle earning a wage at Rovers - 2021
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 09:26:38 pm by the vicar »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Some of the worst robberies in British history
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2021, 09:36:15 pm by keith79 »
You ok vicar. If you need to talk just ask. I dont give good advice but I can listen.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2021, 09:45:31 pm by the vicar »
Talk about what mate lol

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2021, 10:23:20 pm by Campsall rover »

Came to the same conclusion as you after today Dave.
If he is a League 1 striker then so am i.  Needs to off load him quick and free up some wages to bring a proper striker. Not sure who mind you. He was beyond awful today. RW was not happy with his movement and told him in no uncertain words.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2021, 10:53:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

how dare you speak about my best mate like that

he made a lot of people on here very happy a few years ago

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2021, 11:04:01 pm by Move DRFC »
He’s total garbage and the fact Fey and Hiwula are injured means we’re in big trouble.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2021, 08:03:35 am by DearneValleyRover »

Came to the same conclusion as you after today Dave.
If he is a League 1 striker then so am i.  Needs to off load him quick and free up some wages to bring a proper striker. Not sure who mind you. He was beyond awful today. RW was not happy with his movement and told him in no uncertain words.

Whose going to take him?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2021, 08:32:06 am by the vicar »
We need a new sweeper the stands are filthy not been cleaned for months he can do that

the dons

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2021, 08:53:32 am by the dons »
Can Ryan Boyle from the DONS help him please.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2021, 12:24:34 pm by the vicar »
He is no better than non league

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2021, 01:13:39 pm by Branton Rover »
I really don’t get the whole anti Bogle thing his hold up play is as good as you could expect to get. If t try he lad can rediscover his scoring boots we’ve got a really good player - his play is similar to Neil Roberts who never scored many snd could hold the ball up well also - the difference being Neil Roberts had a catchy song we used to belt out from the terraces

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2021, 01:25:25 pm by GazLaz »
I really don’t get the whole anti Bogle thing his hold up play is as good as you could expect to get. If t try he lad can rediscover his scoring boots we’ve got a really good player - his play is similar to Neil Roberts who never scored many snd could hold the ball up well also - the difference being Neil Roberts had a catchy song we used to belt out from the terraces

Is hold up play isn’t as good as you could expect to get. Even Wellens came out and said that its not good enough after the Harrogate match!!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2021, 01:34:56 pm by the vicar »
his hold up play is not what it is all about yes he does that but he doesn’t lay players up he is there to score goals as well but he doesn’t do that.  I have watched him for years and he is shit that is why he gets the stick

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 02, 2021, 01:42:16 pm by Axholme Lion »
I enjoyed the Hatton Garden Heist with Timothy Spall. I wished they'd got away with it, people with safety deposit boxes always have something to hide IMO.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 02, 2021, 01:47:10 pm by The Beast »
We always have to have a scapegoat and is it me or do they usually fit a certain description?

A lot of people on here seem to love Alfie May and criticise the decision to get rid.
Will Alfie May score you more goals than Bogle? No
Will Alfie May hold the ball up better than Bogle? No
Will Alfie May create more than Bogle? Some will say yes, I’m unsure.

It comes down to expectations again? How good do you expect Rovers’ second/third striker to be?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 02, 2021, 02:05:42 pm by the vicar »
I expect it to be a lot better than Bogle and I think the answer to the questions that you asked are all yes, sorry the one about hold up play you are right just look at how Alfie did last season.  I know you are going to say but that was in league 2, but most on here was saying when he was here he was no more than a none league player

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 02, 2021, 02:25:50 pm by The Beast »
I expect it to be a lot better than Bogle and I think the answer to the questions that you asked are all yes, sorry the one about hold up play you are right just look at how Alfie did last season.  I know you are going to say but that was in league 2, but most on here was saying when he was here he was no more than a none league player
Omar Bogle scored more in League 2 than Alfie May has. Alfie seemed a nice kid and tried hard to be fair. I haven’t seen any of the friendlies but I’ll reserve judgement on him until I’ve seen him in a few league matches, just don’t like a witch-hunt.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 02, 2021, 02:39:18 pm by the vicar »
We saw enough of him last season and that was far too much as he was very lazy and garbage

number19

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 02, 2021, 02:47:28 pm by number19 »
Branton, I think your comparison is a bit harsh to be honest. Neil Roberts worked his socks off almost every minute he was on the pitch in a Rovers shirt. Not many players have that work ethic, Bogle on what I saw last season certainly didn't.
11 Neil Roberts would walk over 11 Omar Bogles of that I'm sure.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 02, 2021, 02:57:29 pm by Chris the Rover »
If I was offered a swap between Alfie May and Omar, they would be changing places in an instant. Omar doesn’t score and does no chasing whatsoever. Alfie May gives one hundred percent in every game. If he’s not scoring, he’s chasing back. They are chalk and cheese in terms of effort

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 02, 2021, 03:57:32 pm by Draytonian III »
Supporters take to the likes of Colin Douglas and Alfie May because they give a 100% every week, those players who don’t soon get rumbled/spotted  - John ( lazy get )Sheridan

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 02, 2021, 07:35:37 pm by The Beast »
Sorry but Alfie was terrible, small players always give the impression they’re running their knackers off but in reality don’t get anywhere. The centre halves were always comfortable, could brush him off with a floppy wrist. Big physical players look bad when they’re out of form. Bogle might not be ripping any trees up but he might get a header or a flick on for someone else.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 02, 2021, 07:51:47 pm by roversdude »
Unless it’s a big physical player who ducks out of a header ala Curtis Main

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 02, 2021, 08:48:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Well if anyone thought Bogle’s hold up play was good yesterday have a different view on the word good.
It was non existent. The ball bounced off him every time.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 02, 2021, 10:17:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
It does make you realise how hard it is even at this level, to get a striker who is a reliable goal scorer. We’ve had a few who have done their bit (Williams, Tyson, Hayter, etc) but only Sharp and Marquis in last 15 years have really delivered the goods consistently. It’s really tough.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 03, 2021, 06:36:21 am by aidanstu »
I
It does make you realise how hard it is even at this level, to get a striker who is a reliable goal scorer. We’ve had a few who have done their bit (Williams, Tyson, Hayter, etc) but only Sharp and Marquis in last 15 years have really delivered the goods consistently. It’s really tough.

True, Jacob Ramsay, also matched their goal to game ratio and had a better goal to minutes ratio than both of them. It’s a shame he only played 7 games but he had a lot
of promise.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 03, 2021, 07:36:01 am by GazLaz »
Well if anyone thought Bogle’s hold up play was good yesterday have a different view on the word good.
It was non existent. The ball bounced off him every time.

He quite often does that thing where the ball is played up to him, his touch isn’t great and he starts running with the ball away from goal and plays a simple pass. It’s disgusting to watch and kills any forward momentum. Just watch him and see how few times a game he maintains forward momentum in an attack. Awful, awful player.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 03, 2021, 07:53:06 am by Draytonian III »
Sorry but Alfie was terrible, small players always give the impression they’re running their knackers off but in reality don’t get anywhere. The centre halves were always comfortable, could brush him off with a floppy wrist. Big physical players look bad when they’re out of form. Bogle might not be ripping any trees up but he might get a header or a flick on for someone else.

I think your missing the point, myself and the person before me were on about effort and willingness to help the team, not ability. I’d wager that Alfie May scores more League 1 goals than Omar Bogle this season.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 03, 2021, 07:53:33 am by graingrover »
Some of the worst ways to support players can be found on this site.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 03, 2021, 07:57:34 am by The Beast »
I

True, Jacob Ramsay, also matched their goal to game ratio and had a better goal to minutes ratio than both of them. It’s a shame he only played 7 games but he had a lot
of promise.
Agreed, Jacob Ramsey is destined for big things, you couldn’t dream of finding a player of his ability on a permanent. I think for a club like Rovers it must be a near impossible task compiling a squad. It’s admirable that we’re trying to compile a squad of young permanent players with fewer loans but it must be so hard when you look at the players available compared to some of the players you can have on a loan. The premier clubs totally monopolise all the talent, then you’ve got the Championship, then a band of big league one clubs before we get the scraps.
Central striker is the hardest position to play you have 2 maybe 3 big centrehalves trying to smash you every time the ball comes near you. Some people were even slagging Harry Kane in the Euros, it’s not an easy position to look good. People moaned about Marquis when he was here, even when is work rate was phenomenal. We need to reign in our expectations of what sort of number 9 we are going to get here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012