Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:35:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Return to stadiums.  (Read 1841 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Return to stadiums.
« on August 02, 2021, 08:25:11 pm by silent majority »
A few weeks ago I mentioned the FSA were running a survey on supporters attitudes to returning this season. Here's the results of that;

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/survey-three-quarters-of-fans-will-be-straight-back-into-grounds-in-august/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Return to stadiums.
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2021, 08:51:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Half the fans surveyed were 55+. Which probably means the percentage of people saying they won't be going back is actually much lower in reality.

I'm sure I saw something on here saying the north end of the east stand would be social distanced section for people concerned?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2021, 09:34:31 pm by RoversAlias »
Two thirds of respondents were Season Ticket holders, which suggests to me that the headline figure may not be entirely representative of all football fans.

I would imagine most STH are very committed to their club, and to attending matches. Therefore it would take more for those people to feel like they aren't comfortable going to games, compared to those who attend less often or don't put down hundreds of pounds on their club every summer.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2021, 10:27:57 pm by wilts rover »
A quarter of fans not returning is a lot of money for a League 1 club. That's 1000-1500 adult tickets per match for Rovers. What's that over a season - that's without the bar and concourse sales.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2021, 10:34:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Let's not forget the covid stats were far worse when the survey was taken. I bet if it was carried out now the results would be far more positive.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2021, 07:53:29 am by i_ateallthepies »
Two thirds of respondents were Season Ticket holders, which suggests to me that the headline figure may not be entirely representative of all football fans.

I would imagine most STH are very committed to their club, and to attending matches. Therefore it would take more for those people to feel like they aren't comfortable going to games, compared to those who attend less often or don't put down hundreds of pounds on their club every summer.

How on earth does being a season ticket holder influence a person's willingness to increase their risk to Covid?  You really are conflating two very different judgement calls there RA.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2021, 09:55:30 am by silent majority »
Half the fans surveyed were 55+. Which probably means the percentage of people saying they won't be going back is actually much lower in reality.

I'm sure I saw something on here saying the north end of the east stand would be social distanced section for people concerned?

The club have space available in each stand to accommodate those who wish to move away from others. There's been a deliberate policy of not selling season tickets or match tickets in certain areas and the stewards are all au fait with those areas. If you need to, and its not obvious where to go, they'll point you in the right direction.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 03, 2021, 10:45:52 am by silent majority »

The club have space available in each stand to accommodate those who wish to move away from others. There's been a deliberate policy of not selling season tickets or match tickets in certain areas and the stewards are all au fait with those areas. If you need to, and its not obvious where to go, they'll point you in the right direction.

Just to add that there will be a lot more comms coming from the club this week about match day arrangements. For those who haven't been yet and are concerned about safety etc then I'm sure the comms may help.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2021, 12:28:55 pm by RoversAlias »

How on earth does being a season ticket holder influence a person's willingness to increase their risk to Covid?  You really are conflating two very different judgement calls there RA.

Maybe I haven't worded it too well, but I'm thinking about the fact that any STH this season has spent hundreds of pounds on a ticket knowing that Covid is still a thing, and may cause disruption. Therefore those people have already decided earlier in the year that their desire to get back to the game outweighs their level of apprehension or fear about attending.

When I bought my ST for 21/22, I was under no illusion that Covid would still be here and affecting things. I knew this and still wanted to put my money down with the intent of attending if I can. Others will have decided differently at that stage.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2021, 01:02:40 pm by wilts rover »
Let's not forget the covid stats were far worse when the survey was taken. I bet if it was carried out now the results would be far more positive.

Eh! There are more infections around now then when the survey was taken.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2021, 02:17:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The stats then suggested that the situation would be a lot worse now than it actually is.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2021, 03:58:31 pm by wilts rover »
The stats now suggest the public don't think the government are taking the right measures to control the pandemic - what's your point?

Is the UK Government currently taking the right measures to address the coronavirus pandemic? (2 Aug)

Yes: 40% (+11)
No: 42% (-11)
Don’t know: 18% (–)

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1422482760455831554

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2021, 04:12:08 pm by drfchound »
To be fair wilts those stats show that 42% of people don’t think the government are doing the right thing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2021, 04:14:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not a very well structured question that though is it?

We are going in the right direction and we have a choice about doing every day normal activities, including going to football matches. The risks associated with leading a 'normal life appear to be reducing with the positive psychological wellbeing improving.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2021, 04:14:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
On the day the survey was put on the forum there were 33,998 cases. That figure rose for the next 5 days. The figures since have decreased daily with the exception of 3 occasions.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012