Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:01:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Will QPR go ahead?  (Read 2996 times)

vikingwill

• Forum Member
Will QPR go ahead?
« on February 18, 2010, 01:55:02 pm by vikingwill »
Their match was cancelled on tuesday and I think there was more rain there today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

London_Rover

• Forum Member
Re:Will QPR go ahead?
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2010, 05:57:53 pm by London_Rover »
it is still tipping it down...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2010, 06:28:36 pm by MrFrost »
Oh dear. Have they got the pitch covered?!

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2010, 06:40:57 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Everything should be ok - They called earlier to speak to Dave Morris  :S  :S  :S

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2010, 07:12:57 pm by The Red Baron »
Somebody at QPR has been taking a leaf out of DM's book.

Distressing: The Club's Lack of an Apology For Last Night's

- Maybe I overestimated our club.
I thought that last night's \"confusion\" re game on and game off and the brief statements made would be followed up by a profuse apology from the Club leadership accompanied by a full explanation about what actually occurred and why. Even though Watford last night was able to post a fairly lengthy statement from their manger, Malky Mackay. while nothing further was forthcoming from QPR (except for the accompanying photo of the pitch).

Obviously for myself, attending the game was never an option. And in in terms of I feared another loss, I was actually glad that the game was cancelled. But many, many QPR fans (and many Watford fans) were already en route, and laid out time and money, to get to Loftus Road.

Games get cancelled. Fields get waterlogged. Sh** happens. And one has to accept that, even if one moans. But there is absolutely no reason that the club has not come out with that apology and explanation both for the game being cancelled and for their earlier misleading \"Game On\" Statement .Sorry and thanks would go a long way. And not just an anonymous posting on the Official Site: But from our Chairman.
I genuinely expected that QPR would come out with some sort of statement.
But thus far nothing, no apology, no explanation. Just \"business as usual\"posts. Maybe as I write, so do they. (Maybe after reading this, they'll post something!)

All that the club has said thus far on its official site:
(First: \"GAME ON: - Tonight's match against Watford at Loftus Road is on despite adverse weather conditions, although a precautionary pitch inspection will take place by 6pm. At this stage, there is no risk of the game being postponed.\" Followed by \" GAME OFF: Tonight's match against Watford at Loftus Road has been postponed due to torrential rain. A new date for this fixture will be announced in due course\")

http://qprreport.blogspot.com/2010/02/absence-of-club-apology-over-last-is.html

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2010, 08:36:28 pm by MrFrost »
Staying with friends in London and they reckon it hasn't stopped raining all week and no chance of the game being on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012