Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:26:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Party Leaflets  (Read 22521 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Party Leaflets
« Reply #90 on May 15, 2019, 10:35:12 pm by Not Now Kato »
It's because so many people think this country is already well and truly f**ked that they voted Brexit in the first place.

And you believe Brexit will unf**k it? If you can't see that Brexit will only make it worse then there's no help for you BB.

I hope so because that is what the majority voted for. I guess I'm just one of the majority of people with no common sense.

So you base your life and your future on hope rather than facts BB?  Oh well, takes all sorts I suppose.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on May 15, 2019, 10:43:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, We might have been free from war with other countries In our continent, but at what price? We are constantly fighting invisible enemies in the form of terrorists exploiting the EU open borders policy.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:52:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 15, 2019, 10:57:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

I'm genuinely banging my head on the table here at how stupid I've been.

It's taken me 2.5 years but I've finally got it! You're parodying this concept of the stereotypical stupid Leave supporter! Of course!

That's naughty. And very, very disrespectful.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 15, 2019, 11:04:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, I expect your disrespect, but I'd like an unexpected answer now and again.

Let's see if you can answer a hypothetical question. How do you think France would vote in an EU Remain/Leave referendum?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on May 15, 2019, 11:22:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's because so many people think this country is already well and truly f**ked that they voted Brexit in the first place.

And you believe Brexit will unf**k it? If you can't see that Brexit will only make it worse then there's no help for you BB.

I hope so because that is what the majority voted for. I guess I'm just one of the majority of people with no common sense.

So you base your life and your future on hope rather than facts BB?  Oh well, takes all sorts I suppose.

No mate, I base my life on fact. The fact is we voted out of the EU. YOU are the one basing your life on hope. Hope of a revote!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on May 15, 2019, 11:24:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

I'm not being disrespectful. I'm crediting you with leading me a merry dance for 2.5 years.

That latest one finally made the scales fall from my eyes. No-one would seriously compare the wars of the 20th century that cost the best part of 70million European lives (including the thick end of 1.5million British lives) with the (very real) problem of Islamist terrorism that, if I'm counting correctly, has caused 92 deaths in the UK. And certainly, no one being serious would claim that was in any way due to EU immigration policy, since the majority of those attackers were British born and the ones who weren't could have been stopped at our border anyway, since we have nothing to do with the Schengen agreement.

You're far too smart to say anything that stupid unless you're doing a parody.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on May 15, 2019, 11:46:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, take a break from thinking of a response to my France question and read this.
https://www.newstatesman.com/world/2016/05/how-valid-claim-eu-has-delivered-peace-europe

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on May 16, 2019, 12:19:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Yes, yes, yes. Well done. The parody act is coming along great.

You've found an article that headlines itself by questioning whether the EU has been instrumental in keeping the peace.

Grand.

Have you read it?

I'm guessing not, because it is a difficult read and I very nearly gave up at:

some years ago, when I was writing about the EU’s values, it occurred to me that it was too simplistic to think of ‘peace’ as only meaning the absence of war.

Because, yeah. Just because you, like, haven't got WAR, you, like, can't say you've got, like, PEACE, man.

But I stuck it out to the final paragraph.

But ultimately, the EU is institutionally programmed to favour peace and not the use of military force. Though it can and does leave the challenges of confronting violence directly to other organisations (NATO particularly), the EU signals a pacific intent. And that might be its enduring virtue. The fact that many people are disappointed that it hasn’t done more or enough for the cause of peace perhaps indicates the EU’s potential as a vehicle of the non-violent resolution of conflicts, wherever they occur. And if so, isn’t it better to be at the heart of such an organisation intent on solving violent disputes peacefully and collectively?

And then I went back to the start and saw this.

Whatever else it may have or have not done, the Union has helped avoid war between the current members of the EU since 1945.

Remind me what your point was in posting that link?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:25:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on May 16, 2019, 12:24:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST

My point was that we might have been free from war with other countries In our continent, but at what price?

Now............ What about France?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on May 16, 2019, 12:26:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Is that the sound of the train jumping the tracks again?

Bedtime pal.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on May 16, 2019, 12:28:09 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'm not sure what you're hearing, Billy lad. France?...........................

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on May 16, 2019, 12:31:36 am by SydneyRover »
BST

My point was that we might have been free from war with other countries In our continent, but at what price?

Is that a statement, a question or something else, what about France? is that what your basing an argument on a hypothetical question? You have got to do better than that BB

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on May 16, 2019, 12:39:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
Well, it was a question Sydney, but I was kind of aiming it at BST. No disrespect like, but I'm sure he's quite capable of providing his own b*llocks of an answer without you intervening.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 16, 2019, 02:19:48 am by SydneyRover »
Well, it was a question Sydney, but I was kind of aiming it at BST. No disrespect like, but I'm sure he's quite capable of providing his own b*llocks of an answer without you intervening.
My b*llocks is just as valid as yours on an open forum BB, if you want a private discussion with BST there is PM provided for just that, so it's a question, with what relevance to the discussion? I'd have though most flag flyers wouldn't give a monkeys about what the French think. But I support what Kato said that no one has provided any proof that anything will be better if we leave (not even the government) are you going to provide it BB cos if you do you win the whole debate, there you go it's as easy as that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:27:40 am by SydneyRover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on May 16, 2019, 08:27:44 am by Bentley Bullet »
The question is relevant in regards to how popular the EU actually is within its membership. It's about the possibility of a lot more people wanting to leave it than we think and not just the UK.

Of course, I can't provide any proof that we will be better off if we leave, nobody can. But nobody can provide any proof that we will be worse off either. There is no proof.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 16, 2019, 08:42:09 am by SydneyRover »
The question is relevant in regards to how popular the EU actually is within its membership. It's about the possibility of a lot more people wanting to leave it than we think and not just the UK.

Of course, I can't provide any proof that we will be better off if we leave, nobody can. But nobody can provide any proof that we will be worse off either. There is no proof.
Sounds a bit Cameron, lets have another poll but this time in France, as for proof lets make it even easier for you, give us a handful of reputable economists that have laid out the case for a better UK economy if we leave.
Remind me how many independent trade deals we have signed.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on May 16, 2019, 08:44:17 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I don’t know about France, but when I was staying with an Italian Family last year they were telling me how much the EU is disliked in Italy. They reckoned that if they had a similar referendum it’d be likely a leave vote would win.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on May 16, 2019, 09:45:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
Sydney. When have I EVER said we will be better off? I've ALWAYS said that I don't know. There are people far more educated in this type of thing who might be able to FORECAST the outcome, but that's not proof!

Neither is it the point. My point is, and always has been, that we voted to leave so we should stop bloody moaning and get on with it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on May 16, 2019, 09:57:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Of course BB.

And we just ignore the criminal investigation into the actions of the Leave campaign because...democracy!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Len_Duvall/status/1128296130830307328

Still. At least we're briefly back in track, eh?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on May 16, 2019, 10:04:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BST

You totally lost me on that one. What price did that author think we had paid?

As for France,
1) I don't know
2) I've got no idea why you would ask a question that has nothing remotely to do with what we were discussing.

If you want to talk about France, fill your boots.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 16, 2019, 10:27:32 am by SydneyRover »
Sydney. When have I EVER said we will be better off? I've ALWAYS said that I don't know. There are people far more educated in this type of thing who might be able to FORECAST the outcome, but that's not proof!

Neither is it the point. My point is, and always has been, that we voted to leave so we should stop bloody moaning and get on with it.
BB, I find it really strange that you (or anyone for that matter) want to persist honouring the results of a vote the result of which came from a corrupt process to the point that it would appear that you are concealing pro brexit views behind it when clearly the experts tell us it will be an unmitigated disaster for the economy with the main recipients of the wrought upon the less well off. Voting is or should be sacrosanct and scrupulously clean there is more than enough doubt over the 2016 poll to have it again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on May 16, 2019, 10:36:02 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST

As for France,
1) I don't know
2) I've got no idea why you would ask a question that has nothing remotely to do with what we were discussing.

I  think the author is suggesting that the price of peace in Europe could be at the cost of neglect in its endeavours to reduce and resolve conflict with countries outside of Europe.

I asked you about France because I wondered if it too contained more people with no 'common sense' than those with it, like us in the UK.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on May 16, 2019, 10:43:01 am by Bentley Bullet »

BB, I find it really strange that you (or anyone for that matter) want to persist honouring the results of a vote the result of which came from a corrupt process to the point that it would appear that you are concealing pro brexit views behind it when clearly the experts tell us it will be an unmitigated disaster for the economy with the main recipients of the wrought upon the less well off. Voting is or should be sacrosanct and scrupulously clean there is more than enough doubt over the 2016 poll to have it again.

Let's have another vote then and see where it leaves us.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on May 16, 2019, 10:43:58 am by SydneyRover »
BST

As for France,
1) I don't know

I  think the author is suggesting that the price of peace in Europe could be at the cost of neglect in its endeavours to reduce and resolve conflict with countries outside of Europe.

I asked you about France because I wondered if it too contained more people with no 'common sense' than those with it, like us in the UK.
So what's your thinking on the other 26 countries your logic actually defies logic BB!

If you are only concerned about the result and that it should be honoured, what is your view of the a future UK outside the EU do you agree with the experts that it will be less propsperous?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:55:12 am by SydneyRover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on May 16, 2019, 10:51:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
I chose France because of the immigrant problems there. It would be interesting to know how all the countries would vote. I suspect the scale of contentment would increase with the countries that are more dependent and gain more benefit from membership.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on May 16, 2019, 11:08:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I chose France because of the immigrant problems there. It would be interesting to know how all the countries would vote. I suspect the scale of contentment would increase with the countries that are more dependent and gain more benefit from membership.

I think that's highly unlikely. South Yorks has received, and would have continued to receive very large sums of money from the EU. It has been and would have continued to be one of the largest net gainers from membership of the EU. And it voted by a large margin to Leave.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on May 16, 2019, 11:20:22 am by Axholme Lion »

I think that's highly unlikely. South Yorks has received, and would have continued to receive very large sums of money from the EU. It has been and would have continued to be one of the largest net gainers from membership of the EU. And it voted by a large margin to Leave.

Last time I checked a Passport it said United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, it didn't mention an area called South Yorkshire.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on May 16, 2019, 11:21:06 am by Bentley Bullet »

Surely, if we're still paying into the EU, we should still be getting the money?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on May 16, 2019, 11:21:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BST

As for France,
1) I don't know

Forgive my lack of appreciation about the point of your post. It does get confusing when you are firing off ideas at random. Your previous ones had been about terrorism, so I didn't automatically get that you'd then decided to drop the topic of terrorism and jump onto another theme - whether the EU does enough to keep world peace. I'm sure you appreciate my trouble in keeping up with your mental leaps.

Actually, I still don't get why you posted that article. Are you suggesting that you'd prefer the EU to take a stronger role in preventing conflict OUTSIDE Europe? And that you'd prioritise that over the EU acting to preserve peace INSIDE Europe?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on May 16, 2019, 11:25:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Surely, if we're still paying into the EU, we should still be getting the money?

The people of South Yorkshire are massive net BENEFICIARIES. That's the point.

The airport and the link road and the Frenchgate Centre were all subsidised by folk from Milan and Munich and Rotterdam and Gothenburg and Barcelona. They'd had subsidised another €3bn worth of investment over the next 7 years if the people of South Yorks hadn't decided that we are better off without it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012