Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:09:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 231336 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #5190 on April 29, 2024, 10:45:33 am by selby »
  Will you get a flight to Kiev BRR and attend the victory march of the Russian troops throwing red roses at them if it come off, or just jump up and down in the front room.
  If it does happen my tip would be dig a big hole in the garden and get the ready mix in the yanks will be annoyed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5191 on April 29, 2024, 01:32:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Nah, yanks will be too busy with their next wars. Taiwan? Or somewhere else they've not stirred hard enough yet.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5192 on April 29, 2024, 02:17:33 pm by selby »
  You never know your support on here will no doubt have been monitored them being so good at IT in Moscow you could be invited to Putin's victory march in Kiev as the UK's representative BRR.
  Now that would be quite something and  an honour for whoever got inside and muddled your brain.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5193 on April 29, 2024, 04:44:22 pm by Sprotyrover »
  You never know your support on here will no doubt have been monitored them being so good at IT in Moscow you could be invited to Putin's victory march in Kiev as the UK's representative BRR.
  Now that would be quite something and  an honour for whoever got inside and muddled your brain.
BRR would actually need a Brain for that to happen!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5194 on April 30, 2024, 12:42:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Looks like Russia is using a jammer in Kaliningrad to affect GPS around Poland and the Baltics.

Crazily dangerous. Last week two civilian airliners from Helsinki to Estonia and to turn back after their navigation systems went down.

Putin is doing his street corner thug thing again. Lost any chance of Russia being accepted into the family of grown up countries for years. And probably worse. If this carries on, NATO is going to have to take action because this is tantamount to low level war against NATO countries.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5195 on April 30, 2024, 09:27:14 pm by scawsby steve »
Nah, yanks will be too busy with their next wars. Taiwan? Or somewhere else they've not stirred hard enough yet.

Not if Trump gets in, BRR. He doesn't want the US involved in wars anywhere. He believes in America first, and doesn't like NATO.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5196 on May 01, 2024, 01:17:27 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Not if Trump gets in, BRR. He doesn't want the US involved in wars anywhere. He believes in America first, and doesn't like NATO.

So goes the pre election rhetoric. However, Trump has a lot of issues going on and being a psychopath of the highest order, he will wheel and deal his way to the top job in any way he can, including succumb to the power of the US "swamp" including the military industrialists there.

I think that *could* mean they persist with Ukraine, but they have other irons in the fire that at this stage will appear to look less likely to end with egg on their chin and less likely to escalate into world destruction, which would crucially include powerful people completely losing their power. So a few more arms and boats sent to other regions would be the safer, more profitable, option.

We'll see.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5197 on May 02, 2024, 01:03:00 pm by selby »
BRR, Trump's whole persona is based on America first, America great, and from time immemorial as far as countries are concerned it has always been based on the fear of the strongest military, from the Greeks to the British Empire and since 1946 The USA.
  Tromp will go for that and use it, The USA population will demand it, as it did over Cuba, Iraq, and world war 2.
  They relaxed, Europe completely took their eye off the ball, They are gearing up now, If you think they are sat on their hands be prepared to be surprised, and if Trump gets in the process will be brought forward, and he will use the language others will understand.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5198 on May 02, 2024, 08:02:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Russia being generous in allowing certain privileged people to have easy viewing of the extensive selection of Western armour currently sat in Red Square.

"Attention! For the personnel of the embassies of the USA, Great Britain, Germany, France and Poland. They can go to the front of the queue for the viewing of the trophy equipment of the NATO countries."

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5199 on May 02, 2024, 08:05:24 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BRR, Trump's whole persona is based on America first, America great, and from time immemorial as far as countries are concerned it has always been based on the fear of the strongest military, from the Greeks to the British Empire and since 1946 The USA.
  Tromp will go for that and use it, The USA population will demand it, as it did over Cuba, Iraq, and world war 2.
  They relaxed, Europe completely took their eye off the ball, They are gearing up now, If you think they are sat on their hands be prepared to be surprised, and if Trump gets in the process will be brought forward, and he will use the language others will understand.

Interesting you mention Cuba. Do you think the US was right in being so armageddonly upset about that threat?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5200 on May 02, 2024, 10:34:18 pm by selby »
  Yes it was a time when they would have flattened the Soviets and they knew it.
  And we were not the pussies the woke agenda has turned us into.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5201 on May 03, 2024, 11:59:32 am by Bristol Red Rover »
The alive pussies you mean, as opposed to the fried chicken you'd apparently prefer to be?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5202 on May 03, 2024, 12:34:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

f**k me. Do you ever process this crap before you say it?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5203 on May 03, 2024, 06:12:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Interesting from an ex NATO soldier in Ukraine.

"The US spent so much time fighting insurgents that it forgot 'what it means to actually fight a war,' a US vet in Ukraine says"

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-forgot-how-to-fight-real-war-veteran-in-ukraine-2024-5

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5204 on May 03, 2024, 09:03:54 pm by idler »

"The US spent so much time fighting insurgents that it forgot 'what it means to actually fight a war,' a US vet in Ukraine says"

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-forgot-how-to-fight-real-war-veteran-in-ukraine-2024-5
A genuine question.
Do you ever find anything negative to say about Russia?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5205 on May 03, 2024, 09:13:34 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

A genuine question.
I don't think you've read all I post if you can ask that. Also, you're constantly fed with negative Russian comments, part of me posting here is to challenge some of that. To be fair, in my considered opinion all parties are bad, really bad in this. The USA most definitely the worst, the UK and France a close second.

So are you thinking Ukraine is benefitting from anything whatsoever? How will this end? Has it been worth the cost to you? Or maybe you're one of those who have made a mint out of all this?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5206 on May 03, 2024, 09:26:37 pm by idler »
I am a retired normal working man. What I do think though is that any nation has the right to determine its own independence. I would rather Ukraine determine its place in the world than be dictated to by Russia.
If life under the USSR was so good they would still hold sway over Bulgaria, Romania etc.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #5207 on May 03, 2024, 10:01:26 pm by Pancho Regan »
I am a retired normal working man. What I do think though is that any nation has the right to determine its own independence. I would rather Ukraine determine its place in the world than be dictated to by Russia.
If life under the USSR was so good they would still hold sway over Bulgaria, Romania etc.

An honest contribution from a good person. How refreshing compared to the previous poster.
Well said Idler.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5208 on May 03, 2024, 10:17:48 pm by Sprotyrover »
Good point, apparently 85% of the Population in the Occupied areas traditionally voted for Russian Candidates!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5209 on May 03, 2024, 10:21:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
So you are paying for the war against Russia - fuel, food, taxes, probably not the interest rates where you may be benefitting. Maybe also benefitting from some pension investments that are connected with the war? Anyway....

I'd also prefer nations weren't interfered with in their choices. Sadly Ukraine is the victim of being a pawn in the geopolitical game. The US interfered, and predictably Russia has acted.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5210 on May 03, 2024, 10:30:36 pm by idler »
I haven’t seen any demonstrations on the streets demanding closer ties to Russia. Austria was under the Russian yoke for 10 years after World War 2. Resistance to Russian occupation was mercilessly put down in Hungary and Czechoslovakia. The Russians also killed millions of their own people which is hardly a ringing endorsement of their government.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5211 on May 03, 2024, 10:32:32 pm by idler »
So you are paying for the war against Russia - fuel, food, taxes, probably not the interest rates where you may be benefitting. Maybe also benefitting from some pension investments that are connected with the war? Anyway....

I'd also prefer nations weren't interfered with in their choices. Sadly Ukraine is the victim of being a pawn in the geopolitical game. The US interfered, and predictably Russia has acted.
So it is alright for Russia to intervene but no other country? What about Wagner in Africa?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5212 on May 03, 2024, 11:07:27 pm by ncRover »

All of recorded human history is a geopolitical game, so good luck putting a stop to that.

Long term, we’d be more out of pocket living in a geopolitically unstable world where our enemies get to take the p*ss. (Sorry just remembered you said Russian expansionism is a conspiracy theory silly me!)

Besides, this is also about standing up for what is right. Not just the money spent, which really is a drop in the ocean.

If Ukraine is a pawn as you say. What are their true desires and what choices would they make if they were free of so called US-control?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5213 on May 03, 2024, 11:10:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

So it is alright for Russia to intervene but no other country? What about Wagner in Africa?
Of course it's not okay, so ask why would the US provoke the inevitable? The US had already interfered. It's on Russia's border. If it were China in Mexico, would you expect action from the US?

What about the US in Africa, France in Africa? None of it is okay, it's all theiving and geopolitical gaming, yes Wagner and Russia too.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5214 on May 03, 2024, 11:19:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
All of recorded human history is a geopolitical game, so good luck putting a stop to that.

Long term, we’d be more out of pocket living in a geopolitically unstable world where our enemies get to take the p*ss. (Sorry just remembered you said Russian expansionism is a conspiracy theory silly me!)

Besides, this is also about standing up for what is right. Not just the money spent, which really is a drop in the ocean.

If Ukraine is a pawn as you say. What are their true desires and what choices would they make if they were free of so called US-control?
Exactly, the history of geoplitical gaming, big boy mafiosa, bulies, has been forever, and will be forever, but I don't condone that, I don't choose one bully as better than any other. You appear to think that is the way to go - "our enemies". ie you are identifying with your patron bully.

"Standing up for what is right" - sounds good.

I'd guess that Ukraine would naturally make the most of playing off both sides of it's territory bordering empires. Benefitting both ways. That's how it has been, before the west pushed too hard. That wasn't in Ukraine's interest, evidently.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5215 on May 04, 2024, 06:23:51 am by ncRover »

Exactly, the history of geoplitical gaming, big boy mafiosa, bulies, has been forever, and will be forever, but I don't condone that, I don't choose one bully as better than any other. You appear to think that is the way to go - "our enemies". ie you are identifying with your patron bully.

"Standing up for what is right" - sounds good.

I'd guess that Ukraine would naturally make the most of playing off both sides of it's territory bordering empires. Benefitting both ways. That's how it has been, before the west pushed too hard. That wasn't in Ukraine's interest, evidently.

If the ruling classes in the West and Russia are bullies who are just as bad as each other then why does the average westerner have more rights and a better life?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 09:25:18 am by ncRover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5216 on May 04, 2024, 09:03:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »

A genuine question.
I don't think you've read all I post if you can ask that. Also, you're constantly fed with negative Russian comments, part of me posting here is to challenge some of that. To be fair, in my considered opinion all parties are bad, really bad in this. The USA most definitely the worst, the UK and France a close second.

So are you thinking Ukraine is benefitting from anything whatsoever? How will this end? Has it been worth the cost to you? Or maybe you're one of those who have made a mint out of all this?

For someone so quick to paint Labour as a party of "dodgy international policies and overall control freakery" you've got a hell of a blind spot when it comes to Russia.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5217 on May 04, 2024, 10:43:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »

NC.

Read BRR's first line and ask yourself what the point is in engaging with him.

His propaganda and ideology addled head actually sees this as a war AGAINST Russia.

Not a war started by Russia and one which could be stopped tomorrow by Russia.

Because he comes from this angle that the West is evil and therefore must be the prime mover in any global problem, BRR totally glosses over the key fact here. This is a wat started and prolonged for one reason. The ego and aims of a fascist dictator.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5218 on May 05, 2024, 05:03:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BST regurgitating more of his chosen elites propaganda. The US has been itching for a proxy war with Russia for decades, and more so over the last 15 years or so. Russia has wanted some of its old USSR lands back, of course it has, its run by greedy mafiosa as much as anywhere else. Ukraine, at least the Eastern 2/3 incl. Odessa, it would always like, and sees as Russian. This is why the US poked and pushed and interfered, to get Russia militarily engaged against effectively a NATO army. It scuppered 2 peace agreements wanted by Ukraine.

The failure of the US is catastrophic, mainly for Ukraine, and as I said, it also hits folks in the UK.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5219 on May 15, 2024, 03:20:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Slovak PM shot. Interesting development, distraction, terrorism, secret service-ism.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012