Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:38:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coventry building a new ground  (Read 2386 times)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Coventry building a new ground
« on December 20, 2013, 11:59:30 am by DaveDRFC »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25460481

What a joke, surely it would be better to just get over whatever differences they have with the owners of the Ricoh and just use that?

Suppose it's a similar situation to what Rotherham had with Booth at Millmoor, difference being Millmoor was a shithole and it's done them a favour, the Ricoh is a nice ground!

Don't really know why they ever left Highfield Road, always seemed like a move just for the sake of moving rather than a necessity.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
Re: Coventry building a new ground
« Reply #1 on December 20, 2013, 12:46:13 pm by Belle_Vue »
Ignoring the important matters, that stadium plans are fantastic!
I do wish we had gone for our original plans instead of the meaningless design we have now.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 20, 2013, 12:54:51 pm by River Don »
The scale and capacity are more appropriate for a club like Cov.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 20, 2013, 12:56:33 pm by DRNaith »

What a joke, surely it would be better to just get over whatever differences they have with the owners of the Ricoh and just use that?

Suppose it's a similar situation to what Rotherham had with Booth at Millmoor, difference being Millmoor was a shithole and it's done them a favour, the Ricoh is a nice ground!

Don't really know why they ever left Highfield Road, always seemed like a move just for the sake of moving rather than a necessity.

Maybe they're trying to force the hands of those who own the Ricoh

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 20, 2013, 01:11:43 pm by silent majority »
They're just fancy drawings, nothing substantial. No location, no plans, no planning consent, no financial details. All hot air.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 20, 2013, 01:26:17 pm by wing commander »
   I would have to agree...I suspect the only reason they have come out with this is to play hard ball over the Ricoh....Which is obviously the common sence thing for everybody....You look at Cardiff and whats happening there...Hull City....Coventry and others and it makes me so pleased that we actually have owners whose sole concern is not to make a quick bit of cash but to hold the integrity of our club to heart....

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 20, 2013, 01:29:10 pm by Belle_Vue »
When I first heard our position I was happy then as time went on I didn't want it. Thoughts back to notts county also

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 20, 2013, 01:38:35 pm by wing commander »
   We all want success but at what price...Cardiff should be enjoying there first season in the premier league....Hull fans should be too, but if it comes at a cost of having your clubs tradition and heritage stolen from you,i wouldn't want it.....

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 20, 2013, 02:34:17 pm by bedale rover »
And how will it take to come to fruition?

Probably up to 5 years

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 21, 2013, 06:55:08 am by southwestexile »
Not sure i like the look of the ground, very pretty initially but it won't stay white for long

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 21, 2013, 08:54:42 am by The Red Baron »
Not sure i like the look of the ground, very pretty initially but it won't stay white for long

It will- because it's a White Elephant!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 21, 2013, 09:00:56 am by The Red Baron »

Maybe they're trying to force the hands of those who own the Ricoh

Seems to me that this is aimed at three groups. The CCFC supporters, who they are trying to convince that their exile at Northampton is temporary. The Football League, who expect them to move back "some time". But mainly at the stadium owners and the council, from whom they want to buy the freehold of the Ricoh.

CCFC's owners have said that the ground will be outside Coventry (not much chance of getting planning permission from Coventry City Council). Although there are areas which are very adjacent to Coventry which are under the control of other authorities (Rugby and Nuneaton and Bedworth in particular) I wonder how that sits with the Football League? Then again, as they have been complete patsies in all of this, I don't suppose they are likely to raise any objections.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 21, 2013, 09:04:43 am by RedJ »
Is there a chance of another Wimbledon situation with Coventry?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 21, 2013, 09:17:14 am by The Red Baron »
Is there a chance of another Wimbledon situation with Coventry?

I don't think so because I think SISU's only interest is in the Ricoh Arena. Given the crowds that Coventry are getting at Northampton there's more likelihood of the owners cutting their losses and closing the club down than there is of trying to move to another town on a permanent basis.

Under their "plans" (such as they are at the moment) the new stadium would be built on land that is not under the control of Coventry City Council. However, that would be similar to Wimbledon setting up shop in a borough adjacent to Merton- not moving to Milton Keynes.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 21, 2013, 10:52:07 am by Al4475 »
It will- because it's a White Elephant!

I saw what you did there RB - Coventry Badge Circa 2011-12.
Very clever sir!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT62ZOZHBhxT5eWHw-0rTRedwGJHc0Q6vl4g-gYdc-I9e5ZDZB0VA

TinyPortal © 2005-2012