Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:37:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Could Morecambe's last minute winner mean both get relegated & Rovers stay up ?  (Read 2294 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
I remember the year Rovers threw the Championship in the bin  - someone saying after Rovers threw away a point around November that that "lost point" would come back to bite us YES it did !!

now I can see this result playing a major part in Rovers survival as both near neighbours get relegated  as the "tide turns :thumbsup: " for Rovers

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/12472192/fleetwood-1-2-morecambe-cole-stockton-scores-stunning-winner-for-shrimps

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
I doubt it….

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
If we stop losing it is impossible for us to go down, the reason why teams are around us is that they lose more than anything else, draws may be boring, but they could be a lifeline.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
We’ve played 17 league games so far. If you split that down the middle (almost) in the first half of these, we got 4 points from 9 games. In the second half we have got 9 from 8 games.

Even this latter form is not good enough for survival but it is better than twice as good as the first half.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
We’ve played 17 league games so far. If you split that down the middle (almost) in the first half of these, we got 4 points from 9 games. In the second half we have got 9 from 8 games.

Even this latter form is not good enough for survival but it is better than twice as good as the first half.

And if we continue to improve at the same rate over the next 9 games we will be fine.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Larry sorry Simon Grayson was hired to "shut that (relegation) door"  at Fleetwood .......   thankfully that relegation trapdoor is now wide open , as he waves goodbye.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
I am sure you spotted (perhaps not) that all tomorrow fixtures were the reverse of the day Rovers played Lincoln at home and Morecambe scored from was it the half way line in injjury time to win.

thankfully that Crewe -Gillingham match is off because if we were to lose to Lincoln then any postive results in the  Crewe-Gillingham and Morecambe _ Fleetwood  matches would increase "the gap"

tremendously

sadly Morecambe are due loads of money  from their FACup run
so we badly need them to draw tomorrow - the last thing we want is them to strike a bit of form against the "alleged" rabble teams below

over the years in matches like the Morecambe one the beaten teams tend to get revenge playing away ...... 

Dec 18th  Morecambe15:00 Fleetwood Town
Dec 26th Bolton v Morecambe
Dec 29th Morecambe 19:45 Crewe Alexandra
Jan 2nd Morecambe 15:00 Doncaster Rovers
Jan 9th Tottenham Hotspur 14:00 Morecambe

hopefully Morecambe will be in low spirits  against Rovers should the match take place

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
well at least we got the desired result   -  a draw personally i thought Fleetwood win win by the odd goal

now we need the Bolton boys to beat Morecambe  then Morecambe to draw with SCrewge -

sadly   Shrewsbury seem to have caught a "home goal scoring infection" (we seem to have been multi-jabbed against  both the home and away variants) hopefully there is an antedote for that pdq

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
I am sure you spotted (perhaps not) that all tomorrow fixtures were the reverse of the day Rovers played Lincoln at home and Morecambe scored from was it the half way line in injjury time to win.

thankfully that Crewe -Gillingham match is off because if we were to lose to Lincoln then any postive results in the  Crewe-Gillingham and Morecambe _ Fleetwood  matches would increase "the gap"

tremendously

sadly Morecambe are due loads of money  from their FACup run
so we badly need them to draw tomorrow - the last thing we want is them to strike a bit of form against the "alleged" rabble teams below

over the years in matches like the Morecambe one the beaten teams tend to get revenge playing away ...... 

Dec 18th  Morecambe15:00 Fleetwood Town
Dec 26th Bolton v Morecambe
Dec 29th Morecambe 19:45 Crewe Alexandra
Jan 2nd Morecambe 15:00 Doncaster Rovers
Jan 9th Tottenham Hotspur 14:00 Morecambe

hopefully Morecambe will be in low spirits  against Rovers should the match take place

i just went searching for the one game Morecambe actually won out of the last 13 and it was when their player  shot from the half way line in injury time and scored against Fleetwood

if you want to watch the "fluke" again here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khdl65khQLU

TinyPortal © 2005-2012