Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:16:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It is official - he's gone!  (Read 12557 times)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: It is official - he's gone!
« Reply #30 on January 06, 2013, 08:51:29 pm by tommy toes »
I'm pleased SM alluded to the performances of some of our current squad. Hopefully more pleasing football will be played under a new boss.

The class of a SOD team with the guts and will to win of a Saunders team would be just right.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 06, 2013, 09:01:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
I'm pleased SM alluded to the performances of some of our current squad. Hopefully more pleasing football will be played under a new boss.

The class of a SOD team with the guts and will to win of a Saunders team would be just right.

Bet we end up with the spinelessness of a SOD team and the visual enjoyment of a Saunders team though.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 06, 2013, 09:02:10 pm by streatham dave »
Sad to see them go and depending who we get in I fear Mal Purchase may be the biggest loss. As a matter of urgency we need to get a good fitness guy in to maintain what he has started.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 06, 2013, 09:03:26 pm by silent majority »
Sad to see them go and depending who we get in I fear Mal Purchase may be the biggest loss. As a matter of urgency we need to get a good fitness guy in to maintain what he has started.

How true!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 06, 2013, 09:05:43 pm by silent majority »

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 06, 2013, 09:07:31 pm by Donnylass »
SM - as someone mentioned earlier, do you know about clauses in DS leaving to stop him taking/buying any of our squad in the near future

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 06, 2013, 09:09:22 pm by silent majority »
SM - as someone mentioned earlier, do you know about clauses in DS leaving to stop him taking/buying any of our squad in the near future

I didn't ask that question, maybe I should, but we did have a lot to get through. I can ask tomorrow but I'm sure the answer will be no, its not our style.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 06, 2013, 09:09:44 pm by nice one rovers »
Could it be that this time is finally Kevin Keegan's time? ;)
Please God, no.

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 06, 2013, 09:13:03 pm by KC_DRFC »
im sad  :sick:

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 06, 2013, 09:14:52 pm by ScillyRover »
SM. .... Martin, many thanks for the way you have kept everyone informed.
Just one query for you though...have any of the seven on the shortlist ever played for Rovers? .  :-)

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 06, 2013, 09:21:49 pm by The_Rooky »
SM - recent tweet: @TimNash1: Compensation agreed with #Doncaster for Saunders was minimal. Mal Purchase is a fitness coach but Tony Daley is well known to DS from Villa.

Any comment on the 'minimal' amount of compensation? True, or smoke and mirrors from Morgan and co.?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 06, 2013, 09:25:45 pm by Jonathan »
Owen Coyle

No chance.

I think it's right to dispell that kind of talk as quickly as possible.

Whilst you can't respond to every rumour, there is always the danger that people get carried away expecting a big name (like Coyle / Keegan) then feel deflated by the outcome.

We don't have a bad record of picking decent managers even if they aren't necessarily big names. If you look at what they have achieved with the club then Saunders' record of a relegation and a half-complete season puts him up there as our worst appointment for over a decade! That's flippant of course and to be fair to him he did turn it around this season and was doing a fine job of getting results, but it illustrates the point that we have chosen fairly well on the whole.

It's not an ideal situation to lose a manager like this and there is a real worry we will lose momentum from it, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilty for us to go out and get a new manager of equal or greater calibre than Saunders. Hopefully we can look at appointing for the long term, in which case there is no reason to be despondent about the future of the club.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 06, 2013, 09:33:01 pm by Al4475 »
SM

"When I say it may be a blessing in disguise I mean that some of the football served up didn't do the players justice, they are far better than that. Somebody else will/could get better performances out of this squad. I also think that the squad camaraderie wasn't all down to Deano. But that is my personal opinion!!"

I'm with you Martin for what it's worth! Deano did the hard work getting in IMO quality players at this level. Thanks to him for that...

But...And again this is just IMO, any manager worth his salt could get very good results in this league with these players. It will be very interesting to see who gets the job - good luck to him whoever he is! He's the makings of a quality squad and should be able to continue the great work of Dean and his team if the players get behind him!

Thanks for everthing Dean - you turned my initial opinions round - good luck at Wolves, and we here at DRFC continue on our roller-coaster.

pubteam

« Reply #43 on January 06, 2013, 09:39:01 pm by pubteam »
Has there actually been any official line on who will pick the team for the next game?

I know the Radio Sheffield guys have said Flynn and Rob Jones, but there's nothing in the club statement, and I don't think SM has actually said.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 06, 2013, 09:45:19 pm by silent majority »
Has there actually been any official line on who will pick the team for the next game?

I know the Radio Sheffield guys have said Flynn and Rob Jones, but there's nothing in the club statement, and I don't think SM has actually said.

No I haven't, and I did ask but the arrangements are not complete yet. When people say such and such is happening sometimes they mean if things go according to plan such and such will happen. Not quite the same thing, however that won't be far wrong but we should wait for something official, there's nothing like egg on face to lose credibility is there!

pubteam

« Reply #45 on January 06, 2013, 09:46:59 pm by pubteam »

No I haven't, and I did ask but the arrangements are not complete yet. When people say such and such is happening sometimes they mean if things go according to plan such and such will happen. Not quite the same thing, however that won't be far wrong but we should wait for something official, there's nothing like egg on face to lose credibility is there!

Fair enough. Cheers SM.

I'm torn on the idea of Rob Jones being part of the management team. I'm sure he's got the tools for it, but we really need him to be fully focused on his job as skipper and star centre half.

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 06, 2013, 09:48:11 pm by donnybez »
From the compensation package we've received from Wolves, how likely is it, that it will go towards paying compensation for another clubs manager? And how well supported will this new manager be supported in transfer compared with previous gaffers we've had? And what exactly are we looking for in the new man?

And finally to top off my list of q's, after Dean showing major support to our youth academy, will continued work on this be something the board look at in the new gaffer? (being someone whose joined the alliance in my time, its something I'm keen to see us build up to help us grow youth 'level's and avoid being severely cherry picked at by big clubs)

But thank you for clarifying whats been happening, its been a very confusing time for the fans and I'm sure worse for the players but hopefully some stability will return and we'll bag another 3 points and keep the chase for promotion going  :thumbsup:

:scarf:Thanks SM  :scarf:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 06, 2013, 09:48:17 pm by silent majority »

Fair enough. Cheers SM.

I'm torn on the idea of Rob Jones being part of the management team. I'm sure he's got the tools for it, but we really need him to be fully focused on his job as skipper and star centre half.

Don't misinterpret what I said, we are only talking about one game.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 06, 2013, 09:49:05 pm by Filo »
It`s noticable that our players that are prolific on twitter have barely tweeted tonight

pubteam

« Reply #49 on January 06, 2013, 09:49:48 pm by pubteam »

Fair enough. Cheers SM.

Oh I'm not, don't worry.

I'm just projecting the idea into the future really. I didn't particularly mean anything by it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 06, 2013, 09:50:14 pm by RoversAlias »
It`s noticable that our players that are prolific on twitter have barely tweeted tonight

Except for Cotterill, who seems to have had a great evening watching Celebrity Big Brother and Dancing On Ice :lol:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 06, 2013, 09:50:27 pm by MrFrost »
So the new manager won't be in charge for the Stevenage game?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 06, 2013, 09:53:54 pm by silent majority »

Fair enough. Cheers SM.

Oh I'm not, don't worry.

I'm just projecting the idea into the future really. I didn't particularly mean anything by it.

Thats OK. I've just re-read what I wrote and it looks like a telling off, it wasn't meant that way. The plan b consists of a very short interim period whilst the new manager is interviewed and selected. The interim will not form part of the plan for the rest of the season. That means whatever is announced very shortly should only be for one game or so.

pubteam

« Reply #53 on January 06, 2013, 09:56:03 pm by pubteam »

Fair enough. Cheers SM.

Oh I'm not, don't worry.

Thats OK. I've just re-read what I wrote and it looks like a telling off, it wasn't meant that way. The plan b consists of a very short interim period whilst the new manager is interviewed and selected. The interim will not form part of the plan for the rest of the season. That means whatever is announced very shortly should only be for one game or so.

It's okay SM. I know you're just trying to make things clear.

Thanks for all your work in communicating with the club. It's great to have somebody finding things out before the media get wind of it.

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 06, 2013, 09:58:02 pm by DC- »
For once, I've no idea of whom I'd like.

What I do want is for us to get promoted and Wolves to get relegated. Just to make a point.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 06, 2013, 09:59:28 pm by Mr1Croft »
This is why the role of the VSC is crucial, through In Rovers We Trust we have gone from being a friend of the club to a much more appealing partner where we have developed a system of getting the information from the club to the people that matter: You!

In Rovers We Trust.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 06, 2013, 10:14:52 pm by Donnybax »
Is there a preference pf manager on the list of 7 will they all be interviewed?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 06, 2013, 10:16:08 pm by silent majority »
They will all be interviewed and assessed.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 06, 2013, 10:19:00 pm by MachoMadness »
Are we to assume that, of the managers on the list who are still in employment, that compo/his club won't be an issue in that case?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 06, 2013, 10:19:46 pm by Donnybax »
I'm not being critical here but that doesn't sound like a plan B the plan B is to interview 7 people?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012