Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:54:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Odds are up!  (Read 7787 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: The Odds are up!
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2013, 01:17:10 pm by Filo »
Lomas has gone very short...

I bet he`s not as short as Flynn!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2013, 01:21:39 pm by roverssam1879 »
I didnt mean it like that Hoola, as i agree they seem a tight bunch.

More that in these times it can go one of two ways, however i dont think that morale could be any better than with Jones taking the reign.

it was a positive comment, not me trying to be negative and look for cracks.

Im quite worried who will be the next manager, i dont think ''I'' will be as happy as i have been with the last two.

therfore id sooner see Jones keep it together than risk fracturing what we already have. :)

You're right to be worried perhaps Jones has been very influential in team selection etc hence his temporary appointment as assistant. A new manager may not want the same input and that could cause morale problems short term.
[/b]

with that said which i think is the main concern, its a shame we have got so many games left otherwise id like to have seen Jones/Flynn or Flynn/Jones (Whichever it is!!!) continue the work until the season ends. obviously a very risky option and a make or break but at least it would keep the backroom tatcics and ideas on the same current path without the risk of what you rightfully said, a new manager coming in and causing possible disruption.

Stick your neck out JR, save the cash and keep it as it is... plus i cant seem to be confident who id like to be in charge as it seems to be slim pickings, best of a bad bunch by the looks of things unless we raid someone else like wolves have done to us.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 07, 2013, 01:30:30 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Filo - That comment just triggered my brain.  For however long it lasts, this will be the Odd couple of management won't it.  Jones at 6'7" with Flynn at 5' 3 (and the all important) 1/2".  Shame one will be playing in a way as it would look hilarious on the touchline.  Do remember Spitting Image with the David Owen puppet who had a tiny David Steel in his top pocket in the days of the Liberal/SDP Alliance?  A bit like that  :lol:

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2013, 01:32:41 pm by keyser_soze »
f**k this, I'm having a cheeky fiver on Leo Fortune-West at 50-1!

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 07, 2013, 05:43:57 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
the money is going on flynn 2/1 now

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 07, 2013, 09:49:46 pm by Mr1Croft »
Mark Wilson, who started today at 33/1 is now 10/1 with Skybet and 16/1 with StanJames. He is now better fancied than Sean O'Driscoll and Owen Coyle.

You heard it here first ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 07, 2013, 09:54:35 pm by BobG »
I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard somewhere a few months ago that since SOD and the 'troubles' DRFC and Mark Wilson had severed relations completely and entirely. If that were to be true it would make him coming back as manager a bit more difficult.... I wouldn't say no - but he'd not be the right man for this squad would he? We would be lucky to go up this season so he could have his career poisoned before it started almost. I'd suggest he kept away pro tem.

BobG

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 07, 2013, 09:55:24 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
Paul Dickov 8/1

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 07, 2013, 10:00:57 pm by mushRTID »
There's some real shite names flying around.

When JR has said there are 8 very good applications I think we can discount rubbish like Dickov, Wilson, Laws etc

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 07, 2013, 10:04:38 pm by Mr1Croft »
It is pretty obvious that when Mark Wilson's name is mentioned, it is one that is thrown about as a joke, but could he realistically be the next Doncaster Rovers manager?

With an illustrative career, playing for 13 different clubs, and 7 different leagues with appearances in competitions such as the Champions League to the MLS Western Conference Mark Wilson is probably the type of player who one might consider a veteran, but having only played 240 games in his 13 year career it is obvious to most that he spends at least half a season watching most of the matches from the bench or the stand. So for 13 years, a typical match day to Mark Wilson is to turn up at the ground, do some training and then sit down with the subs or the injured and watch the game unfold. That may play into his hands if he does decide to hang up his boots and start a career in management, it is often said that it is usually the quiet players who don’t make that much of an influence in their playing days that shine as managers.

Wilson has in the past been described with good footballing intelligence (although you wouldn’t believe it watching him play) and being tactically minded and is it any surprise why? He has played under the likes of ex-England manager Steve McLaren, Tony Pulis, Steve Cotterill and even Sir Alex Fergson. Towards the end of his Doncaster career it was said that he was learning his coaching trade through Sean O’Driscoll, one of the sports better theoretical tacticians. The noises coming out of the dressing room about Mark Wilson have always been positive and those fans lucky enough to meet him have never described him as being anything other than friendly, all of this points to Wilson perhaps making it as a manager should he choose to go down this path. I just don’t think he is ready just yet, and definitely not ready to take over the reins of a League One club pushing for promotion.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 07, 2013, 10:09:02 pm by The Red Baron »
It is pretty obvious that when Mark Wilson's name is mentioned, it is one that is thrown about as a joke, but could he realistically be the next Doncaster Rovers manager?

With an illustrative career, playing for 13 different clubs,

Yes, but we want a manager, not an artist!

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 07, 2013, 10:24:25 pm by tommy toes »
I saw Mark McGhee's name on the oddschecker list at only 33/1, almost choked on me cheese on toast.
Anybody who gives him another chance must be certifiable.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 07, 2013, 10:42:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Pretty sure Willo was training with us after his release from Oxford. I've seen him around Donny a few times too.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 07, 2013, 10:45:34 pm by RedJ »
Thought he'd gone out to that new Aussie outfit? West Sydney or whatever they're called?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012