Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:35:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: He's a lucky boy  (Read 3993 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: He's a lucky boy
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2013, 03:32:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Is it too much to ask for a manager to honour their contract

But you'd happily break it by sacking him? Still a hypocrite.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2013, 03:37:21 pm by Donnywolf »
I dont think there is much loyalty given or recieved by the majority of Players or Managers

Managers can get the sack even when their Club (lets say Forest) are doing very well and so out went SOD. However SOD when he had chance jumped and left Crawley in the lurch and so what goes around comes around for him and others

Players have short careers and have to maximise their income during that time and so will take higher pay if offered it.

Which one of our fans be they Pie Makers , Pharmacists or Taxi Drivers would seriously and honestly say if an offer of the exact same job(s) came up with a different employer but paying 50% more per year that they would turn it down out of loyalty to their current employer ?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 07, 2013, 03:41:24 pm by mjdgreg »
You miss my point. Saunders was unemployable at the end of last season. The very least he owed JR was to see out the season and get us back in the Championship. It's his fault we're no longer there and he still pisses off before correcting the damage he caused.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2013, 03:45:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You miss my point.

No I don't. You're moaning he's disloyal by going now. But you'd have been disloyal first months ago. Hypocrite.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 07, 2013, 03:47:09 pm by ctay »
I think he did a good job really, but he is far from the finished article. I wont lose any sleep over him leaving, but the league table doesnt lie. The football hasnt been great, but then again we had it good for a long time under SOD. Maybe are expectations of the football we play are too high.

We have had our fair share of luck (which we havent had a lot of in the past few years), but some managers get the luck at the right time. I dont blame DS for leaving. Wolves have a good squad, certainly should be higher than they are currently. Its a good opportunity for DS.

I say thanks for your efforts. By all means send us a few players (another George Friend would be nice!).

We just have to trust JR on the next man too.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 07, 2013, 03:47:17 pm by roverssam1879 »
You miss my point. Saunders was unemployable at the end of last season. The very least he owed JR was to see out the season and get us back in the Championship. It's his fault we're no longer there and he still pisses off before correcting the damage he caused.

Have you been drinking or something!!!

He was unemployable!?!?! he was our manager who took over during a poor period at the club! how was he to blame for the relegation!

Sir Alex would have had his hands full keeping us up (not even an extra 9 minutes a game would help)

the guys done a marvelous job reconstructing the team and we can thank him for leaving us whilst we are in a heealthy position.

but then i wouldnt even worry if he left us at the other end of the table. football is a dog eat dog environment.

Big clubs take the best assets at smaller clubs, its the way it is and wont ever change

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 07, 2013, 03:56:29 pm by firestarter »
Repeat: Moronic Mad Mick -- posts his usual incendiary b*llocks, and we all come slavering to the trough, as he gleefully counts the responses. This is an expectant, nervous time as we await the appointment, and we have to read his crap. Can the mods lock/delete this thread, because of its irrelevancy and stupidity?

Can we install a like/dislike feature on here so that we can rid ourselves of madmick/mjdgreg or whoever he chooses to be next

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 07, 2013, 07:02:21 pm by StocktonRover »
Just add him to your ignore list, the more that do that the less will see his bait and the less responses he gets the sooner he will lose interest in his agenda and games.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 07, 2013, 07:13:01 pm by normal rules »
jr has supported his move, so to speak, so shouldnt we?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 07, 2013, 07:13:58 pm by Draytonian III »
I dont think there is much loyalty given or recieved by the majority of Players or Managers

Managers can get the sack even when their Club (lets say Forest) are doing very well and so out went SOD. However SOD when he had chance jumped and left Crawley in the lurch and so what goes around comes around for him and others

Players have short careers and have to maximise their income during that time and so will take higher pay if offered it.

Which one of our fans be they Pie Makers , Pharmacists or Taxi Drivers would seriously and honestly say if an offer of the exact same job(s) came up with a different employer but paying 50% more per year that they would turn it down out of loyalty to their current employer ?
   Totally correct ,been talking about this two lads at work today. One a Forest fan ,the other is a Dingle,everyone would jump ship so to speak , football is their JOB ,some thing they are good at . Hand on heart how many people on this forum would turn down a very big increase to do the same job else where , I would be gone in a heart beat

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 07, 2013, 07:15:43 pm by wilts rover »
Is it too much to ask for a manager to honour their contract especially after he was unemployable at the end of last season.

Like Sean O'Driscoll did when he left Bournmouth for us?

Are we not now allowed to appoint a new manager who is already employed? Nigel Adkins for instance?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012