Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:18:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 2594 times)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
Injuries
« on August 06, 2022, 06:35:56 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
So just trying to get my head around who’s currently injured and how long they may be out for,

Ollie younger - we know he’s done his groin in, 4 months we have been told expected back December 2022

Luke Molyneux - injured v Rotherham pre season, was told 4 week injury? Expected back end of august 2022?

Jon Taylor - I’ve forgot what his injury is, we know it’s long term expected back December 2022? Correct me if wrong or please update with his injury.

Ben close - same as above, long term I’d expect back around Christmas?

Aiden Barlow - hamstring? This was mid pre season. Usually 6 weeks if not to bad of a tear, worst case a couple of months? Mid august - mid September?
 -update. Poster below told from Barlow 3 weeks away. Puts him back into squad for the start  September

Reo Griffiths - again can’t really remember his injury or his due back date? Seem to think it was a fairly moderate injury, 2/3 months? I could be wildly wrong with that though, expected back October?

Would be good to keep this thread updated with new injures and updates etc. at least all info is in the same place then.

Hopefully what I’ve said Is close to correct but please feel free to correct me where I’ve made mistakes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 10:36:19 am by Arsenal Of The North »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Injuries
« Reply #1 on August 07, 2022, 08:00:54 am by Jonathan »
I would hope / expect to see Molyneux back within a couple of weeks from now based on the original timeframe.

Think I saw Reo Griffiths on the pitch with the players and staff at the end and he was walking freely unassisted which in itself has to be a good sign, but probably still some way off yet.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 07, 2022, 08:20:54 am by Alickismyhero »
What about Tom Anderson? not on the bench.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 07, 2022, 08:24:10 am by IDM »
He was absent for personal reasons.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 07, 2022, 08:27:51 am by Alickismyhero »
thank you IDM, Just read the post about the reason for his absence.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 07, 2022, 08:47:34 am by Alan Southstand »
Aidy Barlow ‘rolled his ankle’ as the manager said at the time. What the timescale is on him, I’m not sure.

Taylor/Close - who knows?

One you havn’t mentioned is Seaman - why wasn’t he in the match day squad?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 09:43:42 am by Alan Southstand »

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 07, 2022, 09:00:46 am by Donnybax »
I don’t think Seaman is injured he’s played pre season games for the development team. He’s just not good enough

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 07, 2022, 10:10:01 am by TheFunk »
Barlow told a bloke near me he's 3 weeks away.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 07, 2022, 10:34:47 am by Arsenal Of The North »
I think seaman us just out of favour, played x2 games with the youth team and missed out on both league squads.

Was he one of the ones who got caught supposably laughing and joking about relegation in the gym last season? I think GMS possibly wants to move him on?

Good news on barlow only being 3 weeks away 

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 07, 2022, 10:38:02 am by Jonathan »
I think seaman us just out of favour, played x2 games with the youth team and missed out on both league squads.

Was he one of the ones who got caught supposably laughing and joking about relegation in the gym last season? I think GMS possibly wants to move him on?

I think the gym thing was a non story so I don’t think that’s related.

However I’ve got the sense that GM feels Seaman’s fitness levels aren’t at the level required. Whether that’s still the case, I don’t know.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 07, 2022, 11:17:21 am by roversdude »
Reo had a support boot on he rolled his ankle against FCUM
Taylor did his quad I thought it was originally 2 months

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 07, 2022, 11:22:42 am by Filo »
Seaman and Tomlin were both doing some fitness work on the pitch before the matchday squad came out for the warm up

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 07, 2022, 11:44:01 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Really hope we don't make Molyneux's injury worse. Out of that list i'd say he's the only starter missing. Maybe Reo in that category although his preseason form wasn't anything special.

And yes i'm not counting Close and Taylor just best to forget about them now. Any game time from them is a bonus but it's very naive to be counting on them coming back given the way their injuries have been handled so far.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 07, 2022, 12:00:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Really hope we don't make Molyneux's injury worse. Out of that list i'd say he's the only starter missing. Maybe Reo in that category although his preseason form wasn't anything special.

And yes i'm not counting Close and Taylor just best to forget about them now. Any game time from them is a bonus but it's very naive to be counting on them coming back given the way their injuries have been handled so far.

I was having a chat with Gavin before the game and we spoke a bit about injuries and he mentioned that Molyneaux was ahead of schedule so will hopefully be back sooner rather than later.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 07, 2022, 12:02:36 pm by IDM »
Did he say anything about the other injured players that you can repeat.?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 07, 2022, 12:55:51 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Seaman came back to pre season overweight a definite black mark

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 07, 2022, 01:07:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Did he say anything about the other injured players that you can repeat.?

Talked quite alot about one particular but not specifically about a return date. Can't really repeat to do it justice but kind of allayed my concerns over treatment and recovery.

There's much been done behind the scenes particularly on recommendation from Copps and Gavin agreed it might be an idea for Copps to do a follow up interview about things he's achieved to date as HoF, and how things are progressing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 07, 2022, 01:09:00 pm by IDM »
Thanks DBR..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 07, 2022, 01:12:15 pm by roversdude »
Good to hear DBR agree it would be great for regular updates from Copps
Without blaming anyone it would be interesting to find out why we fell so far behind with back room staff etc

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 07, 2022, 01:48:47 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's a joke we can just say forget about Close and Taylor. Probably 2 of the highest earners yet always injured. Who ever agreed to give Taylor a 3 year deal needs disciplining

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 07, 2022, 01:52:05 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It's a joke we can just say forget about Close and Taylor. Probably 2 of the highest earners yet always injured. Who ever agreed to give Taylor a 3 year deal needs disciplining

Was he injured when we offered it? if so it's a bad move but it's a risk of offering anyone a long contract. Miller could get crocked tomorrow would Copps need disciplining for brining him in?

It's a cost of trying to move away from 1 year contracts and loan players which everyone hated. We need to be better at getting injured players back to fitness is my take on it because it's part of the game

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 07, 2022, 02:11:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

That was a topic of conversation but let's say it's not safe to assume things. Whilst it may have been a 3 year contract, there were terms and conditions within it. I also understand he had a trigger clause in his original contract and he exercised an option open to him. Financially, it was a no brainer for the club.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 07, 2022, 02:17:13 pm by 5minstogo »

Not a million miles away on Seaman from what I've heard.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 07, 2022, 03:07:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Jon Taylor has next to no sell on value at his age. Miller has if he comes good.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 07, 2022, 07:08:28 pm by Alan Southstand »
The latest from GM is that Molyneux and Taylor are the closest to returning. Close is back on the grass as part of his rehab.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 07, 2022, 10:25:33 pm by BigH »
Smoking or playing Alan?!

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 16, 2022, 01:55:31 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
According to GM’s interview with the free press, Molyneux and Close both now 50/50 on being available for tonight and Saturday. Where on earth has Close come from? I thought he was out til Christmas.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 16, 2022, 02:06:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In his interview on the preview show, Molyneux said he was targeting either the Stockport game or the Salford game for his return.

We're still teetering, losing as many as we gain so it's hard to say the situation is getting better.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 16, 2022, 02:08:52 pm by anton123 »
Out til Christmas not even close

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 16, 2022, 02:15:14 pm by ncRover »
Think we’ll see them on the bench tonight

TinyPortal © 2005-2012