Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:11:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kyle Knoyle  (Read 2588 times)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Kyle Knoyle
« on October 01, 2022, 05:11:43 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Unbelievable performance from him today, shut all his haters up on here over last few weeks. Best RB in the league imo.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andyst79

• Forum Member
Re: Kyle Knoyle
« Reply #1 on October 01, 2022, 05:16:52 pm by andyst79 »
Unbelievable performance from him today, shut all his haters up on here over last few weeks. Best RB in the league imo.
The difference today , what concerns me is after 11 games I still don't know our style of play?! I know we've recently switched to a 4-4-2 but I thought our midfield was ineffective throughout. Good job Miller scored the winner because that miss early doors was horrific
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 11:09:36 am by andyst79 »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 01, 2022, 05:18:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
Griffiths looked pretty good when he came on. If we ever get them all back fit at same time we have Anderson, Taylor, Rowe and Younger still to return as well. 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 01, 2022, 05:21:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You could see Knoyle had the ability in him but didn't show it often enough. Hopefully, he'll push on a bit more often now. He's a decent crosser of a ball.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 01, 2022, 05:40:11 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
The difference today , what concerns me is after 11 games I still don't know our style of play?! I know we've recently switched to a 4-4-2 but I thought our midfield was infective throughout. Good job Miller scored the winner because that miss early doors was horrific
Yh the miss early on was bad but fair play to him for the goal, great finish. Apart from close, rest of the midfield was shocking today.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 01, 2022, 05:42:26 pm by keith79 »
He should have had 3

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 01, 2022, 05:58:46 pm by jmt23 »
He’s not the best defender imo from what I’ve seen, I have no idea if that is the tactics we employ though, we seem to play our right and left backs as wingers, who play narrow when defending with the actual wingers dropping back, so we end up with a back 6 - it’s not worked in the last 2 seasons, and needs to change. It ends up with the right and left back closing the space for the centre backs, and nobody knowing who is in charge -“ after you, no no after you, opposition nips in and scores” calamity!!

He is pretty good going forward though, he has pace, and a very good delivery. I just think in the time he’s been here he has never found his feet.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 01, 2022, 06:03:36 pm by Panda »
One swallow and all that. Glad to hear he had a good game for a change. More of the same please, which he is contractually obliged to provide.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 01, 2022, 06:13:53 pm by dickos1 »
Not really one swallow,
He’s been our best player this season

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 01, 2022, 06:20:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
Close got through a full 90 minutes, which is great news.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 01, 2022, 07:09:49 pm by Panda »
Not really one swallow,
He’s been our best player this season

:lol:

You are serious?

That's really frightening.

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 01, 2022, 07:12:25 pm by Redroy »
Close got through a full 90 minutes, which is great news.

Yeah great news

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 01, 2022, 07:17:37 pm by mushRTID »
Played well today but wish he would attack with that intent and directness more often.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 01, 2022, 07:22:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen the highlights and that's a great weaving run from Kyle and a great lay off.

Very prominent in the good moves shown on the highlights, taking defenders on.

I think DFPs description of Agards goal as 'poked home' did it a slight injustice.

As long as the combo of Miller and Agard keeps working we've got to go with it.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 01, 2022, 07:31:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Knoyle player of the season so far for me

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 01, 2022, 07:47:01 pm by donnievic »
One swallow and all that. Glad to hear he had a good game for a change. More of the same please, which he is contractually obliged to provide.
does that mean you didn’t go??

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 01, 2022, 07:51:39 pm by Campsall rover »
I wouldn’t go as far as that Padge just yet but his performances are improving no question.

Think Mitchell, Knoyle, Hurst and Miller have been the stand out quartet so far. Williams and Clayton in the first 6/7 games were excellent but not as good since.
Still lots more from Molyneux to come. Let’s hope he has a stormer against Hartlepool his old team on Tuesday.

Just a footnote.
I thought Griffiths did well when he came on for last 15 mins or so today. Worked hard for the cause. Good to see him back and give competition for places up front.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 01, 2022, 07:54:29 pm by mushRTID »
I wouldn’t go as far as that Padge just yet but his performances are improving no question.

Think Mitchell, Knoyle, Hurst and Miller have been the stand out quartet so far. Williams and Clayton in the first 6/7 games were excellent but not as good since.
Still lots more from Molyneux to come. Let’s hope he has a stormer against Hartlepool his old team on Tuesday.

Just a footnote.
I thought Griffiths did well when he came on for last 15 mins or so today. Worked hard for the cause. Good to see him back and give competition for places up front.

Anything from Molyneux would be a start.

He’s very lucky Taylor isn’t fit as he isn’t earning his place at the moment.

Griffiths was excellent as was Agard I thought.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 01, 2022, 08:03:13 pm by drfchound »
He should have had 3

TBH Keith, for me that is a good thing.
It proves he is getting into scoring positions and if we provide the service he will put the ball in the net.
All strikers miss chances, in fact plenty of our fans used to berate Marquis for missing a few but his goal tally for us was better than anyone else over the past few years.
Miller is a good striker.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 01, 2022, 09:47:09 pm by Drover »
Yeah,well done Kyle,that assist for our second goal was awesome,passed atleast 5 dale players.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 01, 2022, 11:14:53 pm by Panda »

Just a footnote.

Anything from Molyneux would be a start.

He’s very lucky Taylor isn’t fit as he isn’t earning his place at the moment.

Griffiths was excellent as was Agard I thought.

Good to hear positives about Griffiths. I'm hoping last season was just a blip and he can really start imposing himself on this league once he's fully fit and settled. He does need to start finding his feet and quickly. He came with a big reputation that hasn't yet been realized, although there are mitigating factors.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 03, 2022, 12:24:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just seen the highlights and that's a great weaving run from Kyle and a great lay off.

Very prominent in the good moves shown on the highlights, taking defenders on.

I think DFPs description of Agards goal as 'poked home' did it a slight injustice.

As long as the combo of Miller and Agard keeps working we've got to go with it.

Agreed. It was an excellent finish by Agard. The ball came right under his feet (no criticism of Knoyle - it was an excellent ball) and Agard worked his feet quickly and got a strong shot in with very little backlit. Excellent play all round.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 03, 2022, 02:44:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Knoyle reminded me of Simon Marples with that run. It’s all about confidence, he needs to keep doing those sort of things. He is best as an attacking full back.
Griffiths has all the attributes to be a really good player. A goal in the next game would do his confidence good. He would get on a roll then.

Agard is doing well since he’s had opportunities, he is valuable to have in the side. It helps Miller having him up front with him.
Molyneux has got the ability. Most of us were raving about him as a good signing. He needs a good game and maybe a goal to get him going.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 03, 2022, 10:07:42 am by GazLaz »
I’ve always thought KK should look at George Friend as an example of a fullback. Both technically quite poor and not really natural play makers. Friend simplified his game and was clear what he would do when he received the ball. Knoyle is the kind of player that only needs one or two options in his mind or he ends up making mistakes. He should either play it simple and early or if in advanced positions like Saturday, get his head down and use his athleticism. He doesn’t need to over complicate things. 

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 03, 2022, 03:08:50 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Knoyle reminded me of Simon Marples with that run. It’s all about confidence, he needs to keep doing those sort of things. He is best as an attacking full back.
Griffiths has all the attributes to be a really good player. A goal in the next game would do his confidence good. He would get on a roll then.

Agard is doing well since he’s had opportunities, he is valuable to have in the side. It helps Miller having him up front with him.
Molyneux has got the ability. Most of us were raving about him as a good signing. He needs a good game and maybe a goal to get him going.
I do believe molyneux will come good, just needs a goal to get some confidence. We have seen glimpses in games of what he can do but needs to do it more.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 03, 2022, 03:15:08 pm by Barmby Rover »
I had said, just before he scored, that Agard was unmentioned in the commentary. I wondered if he was playing! Miller will improve, but he does need to realise he can pass the ball with his left foot, that's all that was needed instead of trying to scoop the ball to make it bend with his right.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 03, 2022, 08:01:00 pm by Donnywolf »

I liked him first game I saw him ... after which I was a bit disappointed , but he looks as good as I thought in that first game

I might have posted above , that run for second goal v Rochdale was really impressive

Keep it up KK , sure you will

TinyPortal © 2005-2012