Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:51:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: GM confirmed  (Read 22038 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: GM confirmed
« Reply #420 on January 02, 2022, 12:50:27 pm by dickos1 »
GM has the backing of JR then...

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/john-ryans-message-for-doncaster-rovers-fans-as-gary-mcsheffrey-gears-up-for-first-game-in-permanent-charge-3512639

Always about him!

'when I appointed Sean O'Driscoll' is yet another example.

This is a prime example of someone not liking someone, so finding anything they can to be negative about when I’m reality there’s nothing there

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member

WhitstabubbleKen

• Forum Member
« Reply #422 on January 02, 2022, 01:21:28 pm by WhitstabubbleKen »
Ryan’s comment: “Get some injured players back and we could escape the drop and build again in the summer.”

I think it’s great he still refers to Rovers as “we”

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #423 on January 02, 2022, 07:04:55 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
John Ryan needs to dust his wool coat and scarf off and be asked by the board to front up the football side of things. Enthusiasm is infectious.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #424 on January 02, 2022, 07:57:21 pm by MachoMadness »
I'd settle for John Ryan up front again tbh, can't have done any worse in his brief cameo off the bench than Cukur and Dodoo did today.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #425 on January 05, 2022, 08:41:51 am by Metalmicky »
Was it common knowledge that the Mentor appointed was Lee Carsley...? 

I probably missed it in the mayhem of the last few days...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #426 on January 05, 2022, 08:55:12 am by GazLaz »
John Ryan needs to dust his wool coat and scarf off and be asked by the board to front up the football side of things. Enthusiasm is infectious.

JR was brilliant for us in his day. I don’t get the obsession with the past, whether it be players, managers or owners! If you think JR is the answer you have no concept of what the problems are.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #427 on January 05, 2022, 09:37:29 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

JR was brilliant for us in his day. I don’t get the obsession with the past, whether it be players, managers or owners! If you think JR is the answer you have no concept of what the problems are.

He absolutely isn't the answer and I do think people forget the negatives side of his tenure of which there were quite a few, moreso in the last few years.

What I would say though is that SCWK is correct on the enthusiasm.  Under the current regime the club has largely moved on in a number of ways, but it has lost that enthusiasm and pub team aura that in some ways made the club quite successful.  We've in many ways become a run of the mill league 1 club with nothing different about us.  We need to find a way to have a unique property again, it's what brings success on and off the pitch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012