Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cambridge game off  (Read 2307 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Cambridge game off
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2021, 05:47:58 pm by donnievic »
Bit of good news at last

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2021, 06:03:57 pm by normal rules »
A bit of respite.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2021, 06:15:59 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I read on the bbc only yesterday I think, that Galbraith missed out on selection this time. Was it a late call up for him? Much needed postponement anyhow!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2021, 06:27:53 pm by vaya »
I read on the bbc only yesterday I think, that Galbraith missed out on selection this time. Was it a late call up for him? Much needed postponement anyhow!

I think Galbraith missed out on the full squad, and has been called up for the U21.

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2021, 06:40:01 pm by hstripes »
Gutted! Not good news in my book given how much I've missed going to football matches these past 18 months.

The game will now be pushed back in the season to a time when potentially Covid restrictions will be brought back so we all miss the game.

Even if not then it will be on a Tuesday night probably in the winter and much less pleasant/convenient than an early September afternoon.

Either way the club will lose revenue on this also.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2021, 07:22:07 pm by donnievic »
Gutted! Not good news in my book given how much I've missed going to football matches these past 18 months.

The game will now be pushed back in the season to a time when potentially Covid restrictions will be brought back so we all miss the game.

Even if not then it will be on a Tuesday night probably in the winter and much less pleasant/convenient than an early September afternoon.

wow we get a game called off when struggling for players,also just player Saturday,Tuesday for last 3 week and your gutted,maybe we will play them later in season when your playing better and more fans want to attend.don’t think you would be happy what ever really

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2021, 07:39:24 pm by hstripes »
Donnievic

I just so happen to enjoy watching Rovers play and am disappointed that I won't get the chance to a week on Saturday. What's wrong with that for an opinion?

Fully understand your reasons for being pleased the game is called off.

Wow someone on this Board being overly critical of a different view to their own. Don't think you would be happy whatever I said unless it complied with your supposedly unarguable viewpoint
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 07:54:34 pm by hstripes »

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2021, 08:50:14 pm by chrisfisher »
If Tiago has to go to Turkey (no idea where they're playing by the way)

Won't he have to isolate in a hotel as they are on the red list? Or or sports professionals exempt?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2021, 09:32:36 pm by German Rover »
If Tiago has to go to Turkey (no idea where they're playing by the way)

Won't he have to isolate in a hotel as they are on the red list? Or or sports professionals exempt?

Two games in Turkey, second one is against Scotland, be interesting to see what the government does about this

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2021, 09:44:42 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm disappointed personally. My birthday always falls on international weekend, which I used to like as it meant I could make alternative plans, but now I live away from Donny, it means a game I won't be able to go to when it's rearranged, and it means I won't be travelling to Donny on my birthday weekend to watch the team. A shame.

Good for Wellens and the team though in the one sense, since we have so many injuries. Although it means we now have to play four of our next five league games away from home too.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 26, 2021, 12:46:10 am by bpoolrover »

wow we get a game called off when struggling for players,also just player Saturday,Tuesday for last 3 week and your gutted,maybe we will play them later in season when your playing better and more fans want to attend.don’t think you would be happy what ever really
bit harsh maybe he just likes watching his team play

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 26, 2021, 08:13:25 am by i_ateallthepies »
Or perhaps he just likes having something else to moan about?

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 26, 2021, 08:51:57 am by chrisfisher »
Confirmed by the Government that no exceptions will be made, so if Turkey remain on the red list, Tiago will have to isolate in a hotel, or if he isn't double jabbed, he will still have to self isolate.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 26, 2021, 10:10:43 am by silent majority »
Confirmed by the Government that no exceptions will be made, so if Turkey remain on the red list, Tiago will have to isolate in a hotel, or if he isn't double jabbed, he will still have to self isolate.

No he won't, he won't be allowed to travel.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 26, 2021, 10:31:25 am by chrisfisher »

No he won't, he won't be allowed to travel.

Isn't it pointless calling him up to the squad then?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 26, 2021, 11:36:28 am by the vicar »
This could be a god send as it gives us an extra week to help with the injured players

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 26, 2021, 12:34:12 pm by drfchound »
Turkey U21’s are playing Belgium and Scotland.
There must be plenty of players in our leagues who are in those three squads so if they aren’t allowed to travel then surely they can’t be classed as having been included in the squads.
In our case that would mean we only have two players that are classed as being on International duty and therefore would qualify as justifiably having our game called off.
It would seem very odd if they were called up, not allowed to travel and then be classed as being on international duty.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 26, 2021, 01:20:36 pm by silent majority »
Turkey U21’s are playing Belgium and Scotland.
There must be plenty of players in our leagues who are in those three squads so if they aren’t allowed to travel then surely they can’t be classed as having been included in the squads.
In our case that would mean we only have two players that are classed as being on International duty and therefore would qualify as justifiably having our game called off.
It would seem very odd if they were called up, not allowed to travel and then be classed as being on international duty.

It does seem odd, but it is what it is.

They've been called up, that allows us to postpone the game. Whether they are allowed to travel then becomes another issue, and I doubt we'd allow any of our players to travel if they have to isolate. It won't happen.

DRFC will take the pragmatic approach here and do what is best for the club.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 26, 2021, 01:49:43 pm by RoversAlias »
The Premier League have acted as one entity in denying players to go on international duty if playing in red list countries. Mo Salah, all the South American stars and more will not be going due to a unilateral decision. Is such a thing likely to come from the EFL or individual leagues within it? As far as I can see, as it stands players like Cukur will go and Rovers will have to make do with the consequence of the quarantine. Perhaps clubs at our level don't have the power to insist like the big boys in the top flight do?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 26, 2021, 02:08:28 pm by silent majority »
The Premier League have acted as one entity in denying players to go on international duty if playing in red list countries. Mo Salah, all the South American stars and more will not be going due to a unilateral decision. Is such a thing likely to come from the EFL or individual leagues within it? As far as I can see, as it stands players like Cukur will go and Rovers will have to make do with the consequence of the quarantine. Perhaps clubs at our level don't have the power to insist like the big boys in the top flight do?

I've already said he won't go, what more do you need?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 26, 2021, 02:13:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
So if he doesn’t go ,though fifa are trying to
Persuade our government, will the game still be off.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 26, 2021, 02:34:57 pm by RoversAlias »

I've already said he won't go, what more do you need?

Why do you get so defensive, SM? I'm not directly responding to you, nor am I contradicting you.

I'm simply speaking on the discussion point, and nobody in this thread had mentioned that the Premier League have come out as a collective and denied releasing the affected players. But the EFL hasn't, and Rovers so far have said nothing other than "Cukur has been called up".

So yes, you've said he won't be allowed to go and I trust that you have your stance and it is based on your information, but there hasn't been an official communication about it yet which is why people here are discussing it. And I'm just adding to that with my thoughts and potential reasons why it may not be so cut and dry.

This place is such hard work at the moment.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 26, 2021, 03:06:37 pm by TheFunk »
The EFL made an official statement yesterday afternoon saying that the clubs won't be releasing players in line with the premier league.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 26, 2021, 03:37:34 pm by RoversAlias »
The EFL made an official statement yesterday afternoon saying that the clubs won't be releasing players in line with the premier league.

Thanks Funk, I hadn't seen that as it wasn't publicised across the news outlets I usually check. I've found it on the EFL website now, for anyone interested this is what they said: https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-international-call-ups/.

A stance I'm happy with to be honest, even if it does somewhat contradict the fact we've had our game postponed due to Cukur being called up. Wellens will be grateful to get some proper training into those who are fit and available, and rest and recuperation for those who are in the treatment room.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 26, 2021, 04:35:18 pm by silent majority »
So if he doesn’t go ,though fifa are trying to
Persuade our government, will the game still be off.

Yes the game will be off, as I’ve already stated on this thread.

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 26, 2021, 07:11:11 pm by hstripes »
Or perhaps he just likes having something else to moan about?

What an hilariously ironic yet utterly disrespectful post. No I wasn't lying when I said I was disappointed the game was cancelled as I enjoy going to matches.

Please try harder to respect other people's opinions even where you disagree with them and learn to see things from another perspective.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012