Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:22:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where are they now?  (Read 3488 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Where are they now?
« on May 10, 2013, 10:15:13 pm by les@donr »
Given it is a decade since Rovers and us the fans have left behind the Conference. It would be interesting to consider "where are they now", the teams we faced in the Conference years.

I'll ko with four. Rushen & Diamonds were promoted to the FL while we remained in the conf. now no longer around. Leigh RMI are too defunct.
Kettering were in the sothern League prem this season, but are now relegated to one of the regional divisions below Southern League Prem. Northwich Victoria now play in the Evo Stick Division one south, the league below the Northern League Premier division.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Where are they now?
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2013, 10:24:24 pm by RedJ »
Farnborough - Conference South.
Chester - dead in their old form.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2013, 10:32:04 pm by les@donr »
RedJ, the "new" Chester FC are now in the Conf Prem, after amassing 107 oints in the Conf North this season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2013, 10:41:44 pm by RedJ »
Aye, I know. Bloody impressive. Margate in the Isthmian Premier & Dover in the Conference South.

Stevenage obviously in League One.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2013, 11:57:30 pm by Donnybax »
Yeovil fighting for promotion from league 1

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2013, 12:01:42 am by BobG »
Barrow going down...

BobG

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2013, 02:50:24 am by les@donr »
RedJ, Dover are in the Conf South play off final so could be making a return to the Conf Prem. It would be interesting to know which team we played at Conf. level are   now at the lowest level in the non-league pyramid, without either reforming or going bust?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2013, 07:50:45 am by not on facebook »
Scarboro what Of them?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2013, 08:08:56 am by donnievic »
Been past the rusdhen ground at nene park a couple of times this week where Kettering now play

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2013, 09:21:46 am by weststander »
Hednesford Town (the Pitmen) finished in 2nd place in Premier division of the Northern Premier League. Today (11 May) they play FC United at home in a playoff to determine who gets promoted to the Conference North.
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2013/05/match-preview-fc-united-h

I remember going to Hednesford when England played a qualifier (?) after the game and we were allowed to watch the match in their bar

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2013, 09:54:08 am by silent majority »
Scarboro what Of them?

They went bust. The new Scarborough Athletic were formed by the supporters so now its totally 100% a 'trust' run club. Currently playing in Bridlington and playing in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division and have just been crowned Champions therefore getting promoted to Evostick Northern League First Division North.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/?news-article=scarborough-athletic-up-and-away

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2013, 11:25:33 am by RedJ »
RedJ, Dover are in the Conf South play off final so could be making a return to the Conf Prem. It would be interesting to know which team we played at Conf. level are   now at the lowest level in the non-league pyramid, without either reforming or going bust?

There's some homework for you, Les ;)

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2013, 12:15:16 pm by Mr Brightside »
It would be interesting to know which team we played at Conf. level are   now at the lowest level in the non-league pyramid, without either reforming or going bust?

I'll have a guess at Leek Town  :unsure:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 11, 2013, 12:39:23 pm by roversdude »
Talking of Bridlington where are they now, always felt slightly guilty about the part we (through Richardson spit) had in their demise, mind the players we got from them weren't bad

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2013, 01:10:03 pm by FuzzyDuck »
http://fuzzyrovers.blogspot.ch/2012/08/yeovil-town-v-doncaster-rovers-its.html?m=1

That's the pre match article I did for the match at Yeovil.  It should answer all "where are they now" questions.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 11, 2013, 02:31:53 pm by RedRover45 »
Bridlington have just been in the same division as Scarborough and they ground share at Brids ground. Northern Counties East Premier I believe

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 11, 2013, 03:00:12 pm by Drover »
Remember Bromsgrove Rovers,after winning the conference cup twice and being runners up in the conference they dropped down to the southern league divison one and went bust in 2009 and a reformed as Bromsgrove Sporting in the midland combination Division 2 and have been promoted twice and are in Midland combination premier.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 11, 2013, 04:55:43 pm by weststander »
Hednesford Town (the Pitmen) finished in 2nd place in Premier division of the Northern Premier League. Today (11 May) they play FC United at home in a playoff to determine who gets promoted to the Conference North.
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2013/05/match-preview-fc-united-h

I remember going to Hednesford when England played a qualifier (?) after the game and we were allowed to watch the match in their bar

Hednesford won play off 2-1 and are promoted (crowd 4412 very good for the league)

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 11, 2013, 05:04:51 pm by sheffield exile1 »

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 11, 2013, 05:53:57 pm by VivaRovers »
Bridlington have just been in the same division as Scarborough and they ground share at Brids ground. Northern Counties East Premier I believe

Both teams, Bridlington Town and Scarborough Ahletic were going for the NCEL Premier Division title throughout this season; their first meeting in December was watched by an impressive crowd of 950, but the follow-up at Easter brought in 1,569, an incredible crowd for that level (5th tier of non-league, same division as Armthorpe), especially when you consider on the same day the other 7 games in the same division had a combined gate of 963.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 11, 2013, 06:30:28 pm by Drover »
http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/

Remember these?
Yep,and we actually played them in the Fourth Division,not Conference.Always remember at the end of one season,us beating them 3-0 at BV,we needed to win to ensure we did not get relegated to non league(I think Aldershot folded that season and failed to finish their fixtures).In those days,if it was raining and/or there was not many away fans they let them move to the BV terrace.They all came and stood near my usual spot and I kept overhearing their derogatory comments about us and BV in their southern accent,I bit my lip as long as I could.Then when the final whistle went,our fans relieved at staying up ran onto the pitch and many headed towards the Maidstone fans to which one of there fans shouted "I think we better get out of here" and I PMSL at them all rushing out to get to their coach parked just outside the Rosso end.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 11, 2013, 07:17:41 pm by les@donr »
Mr Brightside, Leek Town are currently playing in the Northern Premier League Division One South, same level as Northwich Victoria. I doubt neither at at the lowest level of the pyramid. Scarborough are a "new" club, so they don't count.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012