Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:20:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ian Lawlor  (Read 7918 times)

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Ian Lawlor
« Reply #30 on January 27, 2020, 07:28:22 pm by johnny rovers »
I would expect there is, for a GK..

Not that daft as we have another GK for the bench.

It's daft when we are pushing for a top six position. Obviously Blunt couldn't miss the opportunity to save on some wages no we've committed to the signing of Cole on his lengthy contract.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 27, 2020, 07:36:43 pm by Campsall rover »
How is Jones going to get any experience if he never gets an opportunity.

Sounds like common sense to me, it’s a win win situation.
Lawlor’s gets game time presumably at Scunthorpe and Jones gets 1st team squad experience with us.
Lawlor’s will be on a 24hr recall if required. Surely.

Anyway who thinks Lawlor’s will still be with us next season?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 27, 2020, 07:50:16 pm by IDM »

It's daft when we are pushing for a top six position. Obviously Blunt couldn't miss the opportunity to save on some wages no we've committed to the signing of Cole on his lengthy contract.

Utter b*llocks..

We let a player go, on loan, who isn’t needed at the moment because we have better..

We sign a decent quality striker at this level, regardless of the contract length.

And yet you STILL have to have a pop at the chairman.

Do you have any idea how. pathetic and sad that looks.?

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 27, 2020, 07:55:27 pm by BigKeif »

You obviously have nothing better in life to do than be completely negative and look for a conspiracy in anything. Enjoy that life 👍🏻

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 27, 2020, 07:56:56 pm by Campsall rover »

Utter b*llocks..

We let a player go, on loan, who isn’t needed at the moment because we have better..

We sign a decent quality striker at this level, regardless of the contract length.

IDM there are some on here who have their own personal agenda against the board.
Whatever the club does it would be wrong.
You are not wrong, it is very very sad.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 27, 2020, 08:02:17 pm by johnny rovers »

Utter b*llocks..

Isn't needed at the moment. We need to have experience in the bench when entering the business end off the season.

Instead we will now go for in experience of Jones is required to step in. Opportunities for young keepers come in the way of cup competitions, we are out off all of those.

You state we have signed a quality striker, come off it sunbeam, of we all thought he was quality he would of got 3 and a half year deal. Stop trying to sex it up. He's still work in progress and hopefully things will turn good for him, let's hope for an impact like Marquis made.

And yes I still have a go at the chairman. He makes the decisions and the books stops with him.

And you sound pathetic even trying to defend him too. I want Andy Watson and Terry Bramall to get rid of him and get someone in who has an interest in football and who wants to future proof the playing squad with there continued investment.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 27, 2020, 08:04:28 pm by johnny rovers »

Utter b*llocks..

IDM there are some on here who have their own personal agenda against the board.
Whatever the club does it would be wrong.
You are not wrong, it is very very sad.

Not the board campsall. Terry and Andy W aren't the problem. The annoying, interfering, disinterested no good yellow belly of a chairman is the problem. Listen to the Dickov interview!!

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 27, 2020, 08:05:06 pm by Reesielad »
Unless Ian goes to Scunny and improves massively then I think we need to move on, he just isn’t good enough, having Senny here as a comparison has shown us just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 27, 2020, 08:07:54 pm by IDM »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

I stand by my post, pathetic and sad, and more so as you are perpetuating the same twaddle..

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 27, 2020, 08:16:27 pm by johnny rovers »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

I stand by my post, pathetic and sad, and more so as you are perpetuating the same twaddle..

What's your point about five years ago, aren't you concerned that our chairman was questioning our manager about team selection prior to matches. Bang out of order if you ask me.

Also asking the the manager to lie to the press and fans that we've got a top six budget when we haven't. We're still getting those same messages from the club even now. Theres no way on god's earth we have a top six budget this season. And if folk think we do they could do with having a word with a shrink for crying out loud.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:19:53 pm by johnny rovers »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 27, 2020, 08:18:15 pm by johnny rovers »

So why else did we send him out on loan. Surely we need experience on the bench??

You obviously have nothing better in life to do than be completely negative and look for a conspiracy in anything. Enjoy that life 👍🏻

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 27, 2020, 08:20:51 pm by BigKeif »

So why else did we send him out on loan. Surely we need experience on the bench??

Maybe because he asked to leave? I’m sure I read somewhere that he isn’t happy with not playing (which any player would be unhappy about) and asked to leave for more game time?

This way, he’s playing and if anything goes wrong we can call him back within 24 hours and put him straight back into the team. So we wouldn’t be as bad as you fear.

Btw, I don’t dispute having experience on the bench but we need better quality players. Who’s to say Jones isn’t better than Lawlor? We’ve not given him a chance yet.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:26:05 pm by BigKeif »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 27, 2020, 08:22:47 pm by Filo »

He’s gone out on loan because he’s unlikely to play here if Dieng stays fit, theres a recall on him, so he gets game time and in the groove should we need to call him back, it’s a no brainer to me

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 27, 2020, 08:24:08 pm by IDM »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

What's your point about five years ago, aren't you concerned that our chairman was questioning our manager about team selection prior to matches. Bang out of order if you ask me.

Also asking the the manager to lie to the press and fans that we've got a top six budget when we haven't. We're still getting those same messages from the club even now. Theres no way on god's earth we have a top six budget this season. And if folk think we do they could do with having a word with a shrink for crying out loud.

I’m more concerned with what happens on the pitch tomorrow than what an ex manager claims to have said happened 5 years ago..

Problem with that.?

and as for suggesting other fans should go see a shrink - f**k off.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:28:17 pm by IDM »

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 27, 2020, 08:25:10 pm by elmsallrover »
Maybe we've got to get one out before one can come in

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 27, 2020, 08:32:26 pm by The Beast »
Some absolute drama queens on here! Jones is highly thought of, we have a 24hr call back clause, hopefully Lawlor will get game time and we save money, what’s the problem??

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 27, 2020, 08:33:21 pm by graingrover »
A good move for all parties ..DM showing his mettle and his standards .If DM has Championship in view in three  seasons he needs to see this as season one .Suits my way of thinking and believing .

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 27, 2020, 08:39:12 pm by johnny rovers »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

I’m more concerned with what happens on the pitch tomorrow than what an ex manager claims to have said happened 5 years ago..

Problem with that.?

I'm more concerned with what happens on the pitch too......but I'd be equally concerned if Blunt is sticking his ore in to DM's match day preparations

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 27, 2020, 08:45:46 pm by Campsall rover »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

Problem with that.?

I'm more concerned with what happens on the pitch too......but I'd be equally concerned if Blunt is sticking his ore in to DM's match day preparations
So you believe a manger who was sacked 5 yrs ago who may have a grudge.
Come on do you think DM would accept interference in team selection. If Blunt isn’t interested in Football then why would he interfere in selection in the first place.
Think there is a huge contradiction there don’t you.
You need to stop looking for negatives and start looking for the positives.
Life is much more fun.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 27, 2020, 08:46:18 pm by Campsall rover »
 :welcome:
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

Also asking the the manager to lie to the press and fans that we've got a top six budget when we haven't. We're still getting those same messages from the club even now. Theres no way on god's earth we have a top six budget this season. And if folk think we do they could do with having a would with a shrink for crying out loud.
Name the clubs you think have a bigger budget.

IMO Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Peterborough & Rotherham are the ones who i think will have bigger budgets this season.
Coventry, Oxford and possibly one or two others will have a similar budget.
How much of the budget has actually been spent is something different.
Only my opinion as i have no facts as indeed neither do you.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 27, 2020, 08:55:51 pm by johnny rovers »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

Problem with that.?

Come on do you think DM would accept interference in team selection. If Blunt isn’t interested in Football then why would he interfere in selection in the first place.
Life is much more fun.

Question....have you listened to the interview?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 27, 2020, 08:57:11 pm by dickos1 »
Fleetwood, Blackpool, Shrewsbury, Oxford, Coventry, have all invested heavily this season in their squads.
At the minute I would imagine they’ve all spent more than us this season.
Could change this week mind

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 27, 2020, 08:57:53 pm by johnny rovers »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

Also asking the the manager to lie to the press and fans that we've got a top six budget when we haven't. We're still getting those same messages from the club even now. Theres no way on god's earth we have a top six budget this season. And if folk think we do they could do with having a would with a shrink for crying out loud.

IMO Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Peterborough & Rotherham are the ones who i think will have bigger budgets this season.

Fleetwood undoubtedly have a bigger one than us. MK Dons also

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 27, 2020, 08:59:03 pm by Campsall rover »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

Problem with that.?

Life is much more fun.

No to be honest I haven’t. Reason is it’s 5 yrs in the past. An ex manager who was sacked and hasn’t found another job in management. That says a lot to me. So not really interested.
Also Dickov was good at talking the talk but not so good at walking the walk.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 27, 2020, 09:00:10 pm by Paul Simpson »
Why not just enjoy the football?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 27, 2020, 09:07:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Fleetwood, Blackpool, Shrewsbury, Oxford, Coventry, have all invested heavily this season in their squads.
The word you use is spent, & you are quite right.
That’s different to budget. No way will Shrewsbury have a bigger budget imo.
Coventry, Oxford, Blackpool and Fleetwood may have similar ones imo.

We obviously have not spent all our budget when you look at our squad this season. That’s not the board’s doing imo it is DM’s decision not to jump in and spend in August before he had evaluated what he had.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:24:09 pm by Campsall rover »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 27, 2020, 09:08:50 pm by johnny rovers »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

Problem with that.?

Life is much more fun.

No to be honest I haven’t. Reason is it’s 5 yrs in the past. An ex manager who was sacked and hasn’t found another job in management. That says a lot to me. So not really interested.
Also Dickov was good at talking the talk but not so good at walking the walk.

We'll, I certainly believe I'm a good judge of character and he comes across very genuine and the relegation hit him hard after being so close to staying up

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 27, 2020, 09:12:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

You know that for a fact do you? Can you show me the figures?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 27, 2020, 09:23:45 pm by johnny rovers »
Sunbeam.?

Dickov - 5 years ago..

You know that for a fact do you? Can you show me the figures?

Have it your way then. We've got a top six budget!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 27, 2020, 09:25:10 pm by dickos1 »
The word you use is spent, & you are quite right.
That’s different to budget. No way will Shrewsbury have a bigger budget imo.
Coventry, Oxford, Blackpool and Fleetwood may have similar ones imo.

We obviously have not spent all our budget when you look at our squad this season. That’s not the board’s doing imo it is DM’s decision not to jump in and spend in August before he had evaluated what he had.

Nobody knows what anyone’s budget is so all you can go on is the money being spent.
Players like Cummings will have cost a good few quid and so will his wages

TinyPortal © 2005-2012