Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:36:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keith Lemon book signing at WHSmith Frenchgate tomorrow - 20/11.  (Read 3853 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Anyone going to the Keith Lemon book signing at WHSmith in Frenchgate tomorrow betweem 12:30 - 14:30.

Ive heard today that you need a wristband that was only available on Saturday just gone, 17 Nov, to gain entry.

Don't know is thats true or not, but shockingly poor advertising of the fact of that is the case.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Keith Lemon book signing at WHSmith Frenchgate tomorrow - 20/11.
« Reply #1 on November 19, 2012, 11:01:48 pm by MachoMadness »
Hope he apologises for that film he brought out. I'll be honest I only heard about it on Twitter this afternoon, even though I really don't care about him I'd have thought it'd get more press than it has.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 20, 2012, 04:58:26 pm by MrFrost »
I find him painfully unfunny.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 20, 2012, 08:04:28 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Well done you...its probably an age thing.

Judging by the sheer numbers waiting for a signature, resulting in him extending his signing time by an hours, there's enough who find him funny for him not to give two f**ks that you don't.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 21, 2012, 01:41:30 pm by MrFrost »

Well done you...its probably an age thing.

Judging by the sheer numbers waiting for a signature, resulting in him extending his signing time by an hours, there's enough who find him funny for him not to give two f***s that you don't.

Why feel the need to use language like that to make the point that you don't agree with my opinion?
Maybe it's an age thing.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 21, 2012, 06:53:08 pm by jucyberry »
Must be an age thing then, cos I think he is hysterical.....

All together now.....POTATO!!! hehehe..

I always find it incredible that on  the very rare occasion leigh Francis appears as himself on tv he is almost painfully shy..I guess if you are going to have an alter ego you might as well make it a vibrant one..

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 21, 2012, 07:02:45 pm by The L J Monk »
He's no Stewart Lee.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 21, 2012, 08:51:18 pm by redwine »
It's not an age thing, it's a taste thing.

I find his humour a bit too broad and appeals to the lowest common denominator tbh

I find Stewart Lee funny, but lots don't, as I say a taste thing. But if it makes people laugh it has to be a good thing

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 21, 2012, 08:57:58 pm by MachoMadness »
I do think he is a funny bloke, however as with most things the character got way too overexposed and the comedy just got broader and broader until you end up with that film, which I was dragged to see and was a similar experience to drilling holes in my forehead. It was about as funny as that too.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 21, 2012, 11:03:17 pm by jucyberry »
It's not an age thing, it's a taste thing.

I find his humour a bit too broad and appeals to the lowest common denominator tbh

I find Stewart Lee funny, but lots don't, as I say a taste thing. But if it makes people laugh it has to be a good thing

Well, had to look up this lee chap because i've never heard of him. Hey ho , it's a varied beast this comedy lark isn't it.

My absolute most favorite of the moment is Michael Mcintyre, wonderful comedy that is so true to life.. I wouldn't want to watch Celebrity Juice with my mum, but Mcintyre is a different thing altogether. He proves that humour doesn't have to be political or crude.

Still like kieth tho lol.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 22, 2012, 08:09:58 am by The L J Monk »
I'm not sure Mr Lee feels the same about Mr McIntyre.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOwDtx1c084" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOwDtx1c084</a>

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 22, 2012, 09:01:22 am by MrFrost »
I'm still a massive Frankie Boyle fan. Just a shame no TV network will employ him.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 22, 2012, 09:34:37 am by TheFunk »
If you want to see true class John Shuttleworth is your man and is on tour at the moment.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 22, 2012, 07:57:27 pm by mushRTID »
I'm still a massive Frankie Boyle fan. Just a shame no TV network will employ him.

Probably because he's absolutely shite.

Best comedians at the minute are John Richardson and Mickey Flanagan. Both brilliant.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 23, 2012, 01:15:55 am by bobjimwilly »
Best comedians at the minute are John Richardson and Mickey Flanagan. Both brilliant.

:thumbsup:

I'm going to see Mickey in March, cannae wait!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 23, 2012, 02:01:27 pm by MrFrost »

Probably because he's absolutely shite.

Your opinion. I find him hilarious. So do the thousands who buy his DVDs and tickets.

I agree about John Richardson though.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 25, 2012, 01:41:10 am by MachoMadness »
I do like Frankie Boyle but I think he is a bit hit and miss and at times do get the feeling he's trying to be shocking just for the sake of it. If you're not easily offended then you just end up a bit bored by some of his routines. I quite like Dara O'Briain's stuff, he's got great material and riffs off the crowd as well.

Best stand-up of all time to me has to be the late George Carlin. He wasn't necessarily the funniest but he was such a scarily intelligent bloke who knew what was up with the world, it's a unique experience hearing him talk. Watch the video below, and bear in mind this was a few years before 9/11, it's still funny but also chilling that he basically spells out what would happen in the future.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQdC-e82gmk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQdC-e82gmk</a>

TinyPortal © 2005-2012