Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:05:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: European City Breaks  (Read 3897 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: European City Breaks
« Reply #30 on November 16, 2013, 01:02:44 pm by River Don »
If you want relaxed time, bit of culture and beer Bruges takes some beating,  love that place and go a couple of times a year

I quite fancy trying Bruges, I'll get around to a trip on Eurostar before long. I haven't used the channel tunnel yet, something else to try.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 16, 2013, 04:03:41 pm by not on facebook »
If you like propper Stella then belgium is yer place.

Recall When England were playing in belguim during the Euro,eng v germany and eng v Romania we was based in brussells.

Got up one sunday morning and There was no eggs so i went out looking for eggs for the breakfast.could not find a shop that was open that sold eggs but the number Of placers that sold beer was unreal.

Cafes after cafe after after cafe then a bar.it was very hot weather and great to buy just a small glass and sit outside.must have Been 3hrs and bascially fell back into the lodgings after hitting the Stella.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 16, 2013, 05:50:43 pm by Muttley »
If you want relaxed time, bit of culture and beer Bruges takes some beating,  love that place and go a couple of times a year

I quite fancy trying Bruges, I'll get around to a trip on Eurostar before long. I haven't used the channel tunnel yet, something else to try.

Eurostar pricing seems to be quite reasonable at the moment - I went to Brussels the other week for work and flights were coming out between £500 and £700  :ohmy: but Eurostar was £200 return from Doncaster.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 16, 2013, 07:55:18 pm by Donnywolf »
... and an update on Kolsch

They have "Fruh" Kolsch at Cask Corner ... nice gear

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 16, 2013, 09:11:27 pm by Sprotyrover »
Have a look at Belgrade, Wizzair fly 3 days a week from Luton,cracking city plenty to see and do,cheap as chips.
Old Turkish quarter, Kalemegadan Fortress, Danube cruises,excellent resteraunts.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 17, 2013, 08:46:51 am by roversdude »
Almost forgot Dubrovnik
Lovely place but ruined during day by Americans from cruise ships
Might have to try Belgrade Sproty

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 18, 2013, 01:03:33 pm by not on facebook »
Have a look at Belgrade, Wizzair fly 3 days a week from Luton,cracking city plenty to see and do,cheap as chips.
Old Turkish quarter, Kalemegadan Fortress, Danube cruises,excellent resteraunts.

If you wear yer rovers shirt in belgrade the some Of the red star lads
Will be more Than polite with you for sure.

Thry have some rovers stuff hung up in Their bar

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 18, 2013, 04:47:48 pm by Pintolager »
Having come back from Reykjavik, I can recommend that for those interested in seeing the Northern Lights (and they are mind blowingly out of this world) and for those interested in nature and Geology. It is only a small place with a small town feel to it and I would recommend going out of Reykjavik just to see the landscape and the nature. The people are very friendly, speaking perfect English, but the downside is it is expensive.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012