Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:01:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers colours on holiday  (Read 3864 times)

podrover73

• Forum Member
Rovers colours on holiday
« on March 20, 2014, 03:37:14 pm by podrover73 »
Nicked this idea off another board:

Where is everyone going on holiday this summer and where will you be sporting your Rovers colours :

As for me Cala Bona Majorca - going for the time in June when England play their first round matches.   :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers colours on holiday
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2014, 03:52:16 pm by RedJ »
I'll be wearing mine in Turkey at the arse end of the summer.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 20, 2014, 04:09:10 pm by moses »

Where is everyone going on holiday this summer and where will you be sporting your Rovers colours :

As for me Cala Bona Majorca - going for the time in June when England play their first round matches.   :scarf:

Is the Bonaire in Cala Bona?
We met fellow Rovers fan JonWallsend there at Cala Bona and had great daily Rovers chats.
We will be round in Pollensa with our Rovers shirts in August

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 20, 2014, 04:12:17 pm by Jenny »
I don't tend to wear my shirts outside of football anymore but I do have pictures of me in Rovers shirts in some pretty impressive locations from when I travelled a few years ago.

Hopefully my holidays this year will consist of Poland, Scotland and then Iceland.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 20, 2014, 04:37:08 pm by bigbadjack »
Getting married in Mexico wearing my rovers shirt

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 20, 2014, 05:43:44 pm by Al4475 »
I set up a facebook page a while back to showcase this - maybe needs a kick again! Take some pics and add them - page is called donny rovers shirts all over the world from afghanistan to zimbabwe

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2014, 08:54:15 am by podrover73 »

We met fellow Rovers fan JonWallsend there at Cala Bona and had great daily Rovers chats.

Yes the Bonaire is in Cala Bona -1st time in Majorca for me

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 21, 2014, 09:13:47 am by andy didcott »
Be taking mine to akbuk turkey in a few weeks time.
Taking it to Nepal in October as well. Going high.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 21, 2014, 10:12:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well I'll be taking mine on holiday that's for sure, even if others aren't.  All being well it'll be good holidays this year.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 21, 2014, 11:25:13 am by ravenrover »
Can someone explain to me why you would take and wear a football shirt on holiday, that's any club shirt not just DRFC?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 21, 2014, 11:39:30 am by RedJ »
Well why not? at the end of the day it's clothes to me, just happens to also be an item of clothing that I wear on match days as a habit.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 21, 2014, 11:42:37 am by del boy »

I'm going back to Bonaire at Easter 3rd time I've been, the kids love it.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 21, 2014, 11:58:00 am by Jenny »
Well I'll be taking mine on holiday that's for sure, even if others aren't.  All being well it'll be good holidays this year.

Sorry, I'm banning football shirts this year.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 21, 2014, 12:46:28 pm by RobTheRover »

Enjoy Cala Bona, mate.  I've been to Cala Millor (joined on to Cala Bona) a couple of times and the resort is very nice with a great selection of bars and restaurants.  We stayed in a place run by friends of Rafa Nadal, and all the English there were going "yeah, yeah, heard it all before", then one afternoon the man himself dropped in to say hello to the owners!  The Cristina apartments, it was called. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 21, 2014, 08:14:37 pm by Donnywolf »
.... and he served you deuce as well I bet

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 21, 2014, 09:17:15 pm by moses »
Bonaire great. One of the best hotels we have stayed in. Kids loved pools. Scandinavian restaurant on the front great value and big beers.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 21, 2014, 09:36:19 pm by Filo »

It's a very long walk to the baggage carousel from the end gate at Palma Airport, put your walking shoes on

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 22, 2014, 12:05:49 am by gillinghamrover »
Cuba for me, Havana first then off to Vadadero.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 22, 2014, 12:23:32 am by JonWallsend »

I'm back there again in August, Moses. I can't stay away,  I'll not be sporting any colours but I dare say my 10 year old lad will be packing his shirt.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 22, 2014, 07:13:05 am by hoolahoop »

I'm back there again in August, Moses. I can't stay away,  I'll not be sporting any colours but I dare say my 10 year old lad will be packing his shirt.

I do hope that you're not too old to sing today as well ;)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 22, 2014, 08:40:25 am by mushRTID »
Egypt in June for me. Not one for football shirts but il certainly have my beach towel on display around the pool.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 22, 2014, 08:55:31 am by Filo »
Not got anything booked yet, but it'll probably be somewhere in Spain in the summer, with a pre Christmas week away on the cards again, probably Southern Spain or the Canaries, my DRFC towel will be with me

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 23, 2014, 12:22:34 am by JonWallsend »

I do hope that you're not too old to sing today as well ;)

Hoola. Never too old for singing. I was in full voice today. Usually in East stand was in the west/ south corner. Good atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

nutwellrover in dublin

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 24, 2014, 03:07:48 am by nutwellrover in dublin »
I'm not on holiday (no one in there right mind if they could get in would come here on holiday) but i have my shirt here in AL Khobar Saudi Arabia. Donnywolf when i saw you at the Knights a few weeks ago i was on a re-hydration break to civilization.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 24, 2014, 06:24:02 am by Donnywolf »
Yes I did Dubai once for 10 days at Temps of 35c plus - It was hard going !

Still considering for 4th year in a row going to F1 in Abu Dhabi (would have to be a flying visit though)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 24, 2014, 07:09:15 am by RedRover45 »
Yes I did Dubai once for 10 days at Temps of 35c plus - It was hard going !

Still considering for 4th year in a row going to F1 in Abu Dhabi (would have to be a flying visit though)
I would suggest a flying visit would be the best option Wolfie, it would take you bloody ages overland and sea 😉

nutwellrover in dublin

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 24, 2014, 09:12:57 am by nutwellrover in dublin »

Donnywolf, you will have to let me know if you are going. Were going as its only a 35min flight for us. We also have Bahrain in 2 weeks, and that causeway traffic and customs permitting is only 1hr drive for us here. Bahrain is our bolt hole from the madness here in KSA.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 24, 2014, 04:19:41 pm by Donnywolf »
I will let you know for SURE if we are coming

Probably would try to fly Dubai on A380 so we get a go on that and perhaps stay there with some sort of transfer to Abu Dhabi and return

Downside is it is the last event on the Calendar and even with "double points" may be a dead rubber !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012