Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:26:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Iraq  (Read 3855 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Iraq
« on June 15, 2014, 03:01:38 pm by Sprotyrover »
What a joke,all of that effort manpower and money wasted to get Iraq stable and in a matter of days the country has virtually been split in two by ISIS a bunch of lightly armed Terrorists.

OBama is now talking about bombing them and not committing any ground forces.

How does that work? Same tactics were used against the Serbs and Hostpitals and other non military targets were pulverised. Plus large areas made unsafe due to the use of depleted Uranium Bombs.
Who is going to direct the Air strikes? The Iraqi government has surrendered command of its armed forces to 68 Iranian Generals!

One good thing is that now we don't have an Army capable of operating above Brigade strength out side of the UK we won't be seeing British Troops involved in the ensuing debacle.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IC1967

• Forum Member
Re: Iraq
« Reply #1 on June 15, 2014, 09:04:30 pm by IC1967 »
 I hope Mr Bliar and the Labour Party are very happy with what they have achieved. Another example of monumental incompetence to add to the charge sheet.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 15, 2014, 10:08:42 pm by IC1967 »
Just seen Mr Bliar on the news advocating taking action in Iraq. I think we'll pass on taking your advice Mr Bliar given your track record.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 16, 2014, 07:18:34 am by Sprotyrover »
Well now they have jumped into bed with Iran I doubt the Yanks will get involved.
If anything they will now be trying to find reasons to support ISIS!
 :suicide:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 16, 2014, 08:13:28 am by River Don »
It's getting very dangerous if you ask me, echoes of the Iran Iraq war being played out across a fragmented Iraq.

A sectarian conflict is developing, we have the Sunni in the north and Syria, no doubt backed by Saudi Arabia with their nice extreme Wahhaism and Shai Bahgdad bringing in Shai Iran. All the ingredients to set light to the entire middle east.

The best thing the west can do is sit this one out, though the Americans always seem hell bent on aiding Saudi for the sake of the oil.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 16, 2014, 08:32:51 am by River Don »
Well now they have jumped into bed with Iran I doubt the Yanks will get involved.
If anything they will now be trying to find reasons to support ISIS!
 :suicide:

We very bloody nearly did just that in Syria!

Remember how the Saudis were pleading with the West to launch an attack on Assad? They were even offering to fund the whole campaign.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 16, 2014, 12:37:31 pm by Muttley »

The best thing the west can do is sit this one out, though the Americans always seem hell bent on aiding Saudi for the sake of the oil.

US companies have now got huge investments in Iraq for reconstruction of infrastructure and getting Iraqi oil flowing again, so support from the US government for intervention is more likely focussed on that than maintaining access to Saudi oil.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 16, 2014, 01:59:17 pm by Dutch Uncle »
What a joke,all of that effort manpower and money wasted to get Iraq stable and in a matter of days the country has virtually been split in two by ISIS a bunch of lightly armed Terrorists.

OBama is now talking about bombing them and not committing any ground forces.

How does that work? Same tactics were used against the Serbs and Hostpitals and other non military targets were pulverised. Plus large areas made unsafe due to the use of depleted Uranium Bombs.
Who is going to direct the Air strikes? The Iraqi government has surrendered command of its armed forces to 68 Iranian Generals!

One good thing is that now we don't have an Army capable of operating above Brigade strength out side of the UK we won't be seeing British Troops involved in the ensuing debacle.

Yes it is a big mess and I am glad I don't have to make the decisions

But a point of order - depleted uranium comes from armour and armour piercing shells - not from bombs. The DU problem was following ground fighting.

Also I actually believe NATO did a good job in the former Jugoslavia and helped the life in the new countries improve considerably. But difficult as that operation seemed at the time it poses nothing like the problems in Iraq and Afghanistan (By the way NATO said no to any operation in Iraq - remember the Americans renaming French Fries as Freedom Fries in protest at the French Veto in NATO - military action was actually undertaken by a so called Coalition of the willing).

Chaotic times   :thumbdown: :chair:

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 17, 2014, 01:36:35 am by not on facebook »
At some stage you will have to accept that its banks that run the world
Not governments.

The saudis accepted a deal in the 70's to have a say in oil price,but in turn
Accepting only us$ for it?That saved and still does save Their arse.

Same can be said for Qutar and them other most corrupt Bahraini muslims
Wrong'erns these days.

You can be the  most corrupt ,Child murdering government in the world
And as long you play along with that rule ,the pyramid system which the us$ is Your protection.

The move in the 70s was desperatley needed and in 1971 the  gold/$ Window closed,hence only they belive ( and military might) Of USA is
Protecting Their currencys.

See the recent moves Of anti russian propaganda ;they'er dumping US
Treasuries en masse and Thats what you Get in return.Russia have done fcuk all in Ukeraine and is accused Of what Nuland and them other
Samanta power/Soros jews are doing.

Total orwellian f**ked up mindset the media atcually presents.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 17, 2014, 10:04:49 am by drfc-steve »
You're so thick Oslo, it has to be said.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 17, 2014, 11:22:59 am by jucyberry »
Actually, many, many people think the same as Oslo... We are moving towards the new world order.. Deals are sewn up in deep secrecy.. I'm 100% with Oslo on this one  and one thing I'm not is thick.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 17, 2014, 11:39:34 am by drfc-steve »
"And them other most corrupt Bahraini Muslims. Wrong 'ens these days"

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 17, 2014, 12:08:04 pm by bobjimwilly »
Russia have done fcuk all in Ukeraine

Really?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 17, 2014, 12:52:42 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Steve - I don't normally comment on unhelpful posts like this but here I am going to defend Oslo strongly. I read Oslo's posts with interest because he often puts forward alternate viewpoints which I might not always agree with but they do make me think. Oslo clearly has a wealth of interesting experiences, and having lived in Germany and the Netherlands for long periods myself I can also state that living in a different country can result in a healthy broadening of outlook, and questioning of commonly accepted views.     

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 17, 2014, 12:55:51 pm by RedJ »
To be honest, other than the Muslim bashing and the denial of Russian activity in Ukraine I don't think he's a million miles away from the truth.

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 17, 2014, 01:27:42 pm by drfc-steve »
He always bashes Muslims and 'Johnny Foreigners' (funny considering he's moved to another country :lol:)

He even had a racist remark removed from the forum the other day. He's racist and racists are thick.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 17, 2014, 01:37:14 pm by not on facebook »

Not be first or last time i Get shot down for me views fella ,maybe one
Day you will smell the coffee or maybe not .

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 17, 2014, 01:41:49 pm by not on facebook »
He always bashes Muslims and 'Johnny Foreigners' (funny considering he's moved to another country :lol:)

He even had a racist remark removed from the forum the other day. He's racist and racists are thick.

Iam not racist fella ,just say things way i see them wrong or right .

If it offends you iam not going to lose any sleep tbh.

As for thick ,Suppose i should have done better at school and if the  case
I still have same views on life i have today

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 17, 2014, 04:56:05 pm by jucyberry »
Contrary to popular media opinion and that of a certain sector of the country, we have nothing to fear from the ordinary folk from other nations, they are just like us... It is the ones at the very top, the leaders and the men in the shadows of every nation pulling their strings we should be fearful of.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 17, 2014, 05:50:10 pm by not on facebook »
My stance against the wrong type Of muslims ,is based on fact that When
I was at school some 35+years ago i or you never heard Of the Word muslim in our day to day lives .

Now today only 35 years on they are reported to be pushing Their laws and way Of life into schools in bham,fixing postal votes in elections,you could Well be eating hala Meat without knowing it,walking round parts Of London claiming it is muslim area only taking booze Of locals in the street,some 500+ british passport holders from UK are reported to be within the force
Causing havoc in Irak .

What will the next 30years bring to our society

And before anyone says 'Well i know Nice muslims they are more Than ok'

Why do you never hear from the Nice muslims speaking out against the extreme muslims ,where are the Nice muslims demostration in luton,oldham,bradford,slough,Leicester ,bham,London, against  the extreme ones.

Its time for the non extreme muslims to stand up and be counted ,cant be too Much to Ask can it.

Now iam not preaching ,Its just my view .

In 30years i be dead ,but Its my kids that i worry for and if anyone wants to say iam thick because Of my views just think on

drfc-steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 17, 2014, 06:09:30 pm by drfc-steve »
I worry for your kids too Oslo, I really do.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 17, 2014, 08:47:37 pm by Sprotyrover »
Well I am sorry to say that from what I have seen Aunty Beeb feeds us pro US/Israeli propaganda.
Al Jazeera reports in a far more impartial fashion.
Recent example......Nowt being said about the US Secretary of State for Foreign affairs ringing the US Ambassador in Kiev to  work out the best way to support the new Fascist Government!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 17, 2014, 09:16:01 pm by not on facebook »
Well I am sorry to say that from what I have seen Aunty Beeb feeds us pro US/Israeli propaganda.
Al Jazeera reports in a far more impartial fashion.
Recent example......Nowt being said about the US Secretary of State for Foreign affairs ringing the US Ambassador in Kiev to  work out the best way to support the new Fascist Government!

Some peoples jaws will drop When they read This fella ,but they
Will still take in what are media feed them

The bbc used to be rock solid and a corner Stone on fact.

Now Its the opposite and fcuked as a flag ship

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 18, 2014, 08:45:13 am by not on facebook »
I worry for your kids too Oslo, I really do.

Would never press my views or opinions onto my kids as they can
Make Their own minds up fella,just like i have done When i went against
Some Of my family members  as in Aunts  and UNcles who were into the ira

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 18, 2014, 09:39:10 am by not on facebook »
"And them other most corrupt Bahraini Muslims. Wrong 'ens these days"

I will put you into the loop about Bahrain fella

Its a very small country/Island ,so Easy to block off.Had some customers
Sending me videos Of the protests out there 2years back,not pleasent at all.
Other counties have Been invaded for far less Than that.YOu never hear Much about it and there is a reason for it.

Its a large military base with muslims installed by the jews there if you will.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012