Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:20:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Most Overrated Movies?  (Read 3820 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Most Overrated Movies?
« Reply #30 on August 29, 2015, 08:43:31 pm by Donnywolf »
+1 I am an almost no Film seen person. Shawshank Redemption I have heard of but not seen.

Mostly I say a film (on Telly) is good if I stay awake for all the "action"

Ones that fit into that category Trading Places and Coming to America

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 01, 2015, 08:44:36 am by Rios »
I'd second that Tarantino thing... never has one mine dined out for so long on one good (Reservoir Dogs) and one average film (Pulp Fiction).  The rest of his work is the worst sort of fanboy, karaoke film making that poorly imitates stuff that's gone before it.

I've never got the whole fascination with the likes of Saw/Hostel/etc.  Whereas most genres of film have kept moving over the decades, decent horror seems to have stopped just after the eighties and completely run out of ideas and now just resorts to either overkill gore or lots of quiet periods with a loud bang every now and again to wake you up.

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 01, 2015, 08:36:19 pm by Orlandokarla »
Everything in a Tarantino movie goes on for too long, and I'm not just referring to the running time.
Whether it's the page upon page of poorly written, boring, drawn out dialogue, or the violence that goes on for so long it becomes tedious, they bore me to tears. It takes a special talent to make action scenes boring, but he somehow consistently manages it.
His films are an exercise in pure self-indulgence.
From Reservoir Dogs onwards, it's all the "emperor's clothes" to me.

Another vote for Bond here, or any of Tom Cruise's imitations.

Fast and the Furious - Cars go fast, Yay!  :facepalm: Boy-racer masturbation material.

Lost in Translation is a good shout too. I was still waiting for something to happen when the credits began to roll.

ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, that has Tyler Perry involved.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 02, 2015, 07:14:05 am by nice one rovers »

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 03, 2015, 03:41:13 pm by boro_rover »
Sorry have to disagree with the anti Tarantino brigade. I love his style. Those massively over the top fight scenes are brilliant. It is like a cartoon made real. They go from entertaining to funny and back to entertaining again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012