Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:06:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Weller At The Dome  (Read 3856 times)

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
Paul Weller At The Dome
« on April 05, 2017, 03:50:37 pm by Crowle Rover »
Anyone else on here going tonight?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Muttley

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Weller At The Dome
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2017, 06:42:50 pm by Muttley »
I'd rather slam mi cock in t'knife drawer

Way past his sell by date now imo

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2017, 12:57:38 pm by Mike_F »
I went to see him there about a decade ago and left after half an hour tops. He was clearly going through the motions, moaning about playing in "a f**king sports hall" etc.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2017, 01:58:55 pm by Draytonian III »
Thought he would be at home as his wife/partner had a baby earlier this week,number 8 I think.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2017, 05:03:32 pm by roversdude »
How was it

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 06, 2017, 06:53:51 pm by not on facebook »
What type of numbers will the dome hold ?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 06, 2017, 06:56:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I went to see him there about a decade ago and left after half an hour tops. He was clearly going through the motions, moaning about playing in "a f**king sports hall" etc.

So why come back?

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 06, 2017, 07:10:45 pm by Crowle Rover »
How was it

Really good.
Wide ranging selection of songs from The Jam,Style Council right up to a couple from his forthcoming album

What type of numbers will the dome hold ?

Think someone said about 1200.
Downstairs was all standing then theres the seating on the balcony

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 06, 2017, 07:21:15 pm by mushRTID »
The dome will easily hold 3000 + for a gig I believe. I'm sure when I saw Kasabian there I was told over 3k

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 06, 2017, 09:23:19 pm by Muttley »

So why come back?

Because there's 2-3 thousand mugs willing to pay north of 40 quid for the "privilege" (or maybe because he isn't actually in charge of booking venues)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 06, 2017, 09:28:00 pm by drfchound »
I don't know about mugs Muttley.
Fans is probably a better word.
Elbow were on there a few weeks ago and I am told it was a sell out.
They are not my cup of tea but obviously plenty of people like them.
I wouldn't pay to see them, but if it was a decent rock band I probably would do.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 07, 2017, 07:37:36 am by roversdude »
Crowle glad you enjoyed, kicking myself for missing this

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 07, 2017, 08:12:20 am by not on facebook »
Is the dome a decent place to listen to whatever music event ?

If likes of Paul weller are turning up there is must be half decent ,or is it that Weller is at the end of his road.

Worked numerous bands out here at the 40,000 open air gaff in the summer.ACDC about 2years ago was a really good one going on crowd reaction after it finished.

Bruce Springsteen was very good ,never had any bad feedback on Metalica or aha .

Oasis first gig in oslo went down well,but their second one some years later had off/on feedback.

One of the best ones going on crowd reaction was one of the smallest ones crowd wise when about 2000 went into rockafella to watch the happy mondays about 10 years or so back.basically got raped for every scarf t shirt on the out .

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 07, 2017, 09:16:12 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Seen many good bands at the Dome over the years. Elbow were very good as were Stereophonics and The 1975. I thought Paul Weller was also excellent although he's a total miserable bas**rd. I don't think Oasis ever played in Donny, but they gave me both my best and worst gig experiences. Saw them at Wembley in 2000 and they were awful. Then a couple of years later I was lucky enough to see them at Madison Square Garden in New York and they were absolutely electric. Probably the best gig I've ever been to.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 07, 2017, 09:16:57 am by MrFrost »

If likes of Paul weller are turning up there is must be half decent ,or is it that Weller is at the end of his road.

Worked numerous bands out here at the 40,000 open air gaff in the summer.ACDC about 2years ago was a really good one going on crowd reaction after it finished.

Bruce Springsteen was very good ,never had any bad feedback on Metalica or aha .

Oasis first gig in oslo went down well,but their second one some years later had off/on feedback.

One of the best ones going on crowd reaction was one of the smallest ones crowd wise when about 2000 went into rockafella to watch the happy mondays about 10 years or so back.basically got raped for every scarf t shirt on the out .

The venue itself is crap. The sound quality is poor, and facilities not up to it.

It does attract big names though. Kasabian, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The 1975, Stereophonics, The Prodigy, Jake Bugg, Ed Sheeran have all played there in recent years.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 07, 2017, 09:18:25 am by MrFrost »
Seen many good bands at the Dome over the years. Elbow were very good as were Stereophonics and The 1975. I thought Paul Weller was also excellent although he's a total miserable bas**rd. I don't think Oasis ever played in Donny, but they gave me both my best and worst gig experiences. Saw them at Wembley in 2000 and they were awful. Then a couple of years later I was lucky enough to see them at Madison Square Garden in New York and they were absolutely electric. Probably the best gig I've ever been to.

I was at the Wembley gig in 2000. Liam was out of it, ranting all the way through songs when he should have been singing.

Saw Arctic Monkeys at Madison Square Garden a couple of years ago. Fantastic.

ballysbackin

« Reply #16 on April 07, 2017, 03:09:08 pm by ballysbackin »
Who is Paul Weller?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 07, 2017, 03:36:09 pm by not on facebook »
Who is Paul Weller?

He was the lead singer with the jam officer .

Went onto to form style council after his jam days and now does turns as Paul weller.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 07, 2017, 03:49:41 pm by roversdude »
Anyone remember original plans for Dome we're going to include a concert bowl (we ended up with a cereal bowl) and a shooting range - then that tosses went loop the loop in Hungerford and plans were scrapped
Surprised Rovers have not had some outdoor concerts with proper promoters- not like the Elton John ones

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 07, 2017, 03:58:39 pm by MrFrost »
Anyone remember original plans for Dome we're going to include a concert bowl (we ended up with a cereal bowl) and a shooting range - then that tosses went loop the loop in Hungerford and plans were scrapped
Surprised Rovers have not had some outdoor concerts with proper promoters- not like the Elton John ones

A friend of mine works for SJM Concerts who organise events for a lot of leading acts. He informs me that the problem is with the Keepmoat it is too big for up and coming acts, and too small for major ones who will prefer to play at bigger stadiums.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 07, 2017, 05:44:49 pm by RedRover45 »

A friend of mine works for SJM Concerts who organise events for a lot of leading acts. He informs me that the problem is with the Keepmoat it is too big for up and coming acts, and too small for major ones who will prefer to play at bigger stadiums.

I would tend to agree with that. Would imagine that the stadium capacity for a concert would be somewhere near 12k.
Too small for the Springsteens and Bon Jovis of this world but too big for majority of others. Struggling to think of anybody who would attract 'about 12k'
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:48:46 pm by RedRover45 »

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 07, 2017, 06:38:33 pm by turnbull for england »

The venue itself is crap. The sound quality is poor, and facilities not up to it.

It does attract big names though. Kasabian, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The 1975, Stereophonics, The Prodigy, Jake Bugg, Ed Sheeran have all played there in recent years.

Its been a long long week, and then I end up agreeing with mr Frost.  Its time for beer, beer will help.

ballysbackin

« Reply #22 on April 07, 2017, 06:45:32 pm by ballysbackin »
Who is Paul Weller?

He was the lead singer with the jam officer .

Went onto to form style council after his jam days and now does turns as Paul weller.

Ah Thank you, now Jam and Style Council I have heard of

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2017, 12:19:55 pm by balbyrover »
I went to watch darts player championships two consecutive years at the Dome few years back and it seemed alright. The only issue was it just wasn't big enough and i guess thats why it eventually got moved to a bigger venue. (Minehead)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2017, 06:23:31 pm by selby »
R.r.45 Cliff would.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2017, 07:46:51 pm by RedRover45 »
R.r.45 Cliff would.

Proud to say, I would never know the size of crowd Cliff would attract lol but I'll take your word for it. Don't think Elton sold out did he ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 13, 2017, 08:31:27 am by roversdude »
Think that was more to do with council trying to promote the gig themselves rather than use a promoter

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 17, 2017, 09:40:49 am by ravenrover »
Whats got 100 legs and no teeth?
Front row at a Cliff concert
Old ones are the best

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 17, 2017, 10:03:01 am by Bentley Bullet »
Whats got 100 legs and no teeth?
Front row at a Cliff concert
Old ones are the best

I've always liked that joke, it's so funny! I wonder if that's why they don't talk anymore?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 17, 2017, 10:22:27 am by tommy toes »
Congratulations BB. No wonder you're a bachelor boy with jokes like that

TinyPortal © 2005-2012