Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:11:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: US & Iran are you a hawk or a dove?  (Read 3894 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: US & Iran are you a hawk or a dove?
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2019, 04:53:08 am by bpoolrover »
Now the UK has been drawn into the trump created crisis and we have dumb and dumber on the job how will we extricate ourselves.

Trump would love for us to start a fight with Iran and be able to ride in and save us and get off virtually blame free.

If Hunt has any negotiating skills he kept them well hidden in the health portfolio and with johnson more than ready to prove that he is in fact Churchill incarnate then I think we could be in real trouble.

And to top it off we have further bad news as the pound has had a coronary and will affect the national obsessions of the annual pilgrimage to Spain and the price of imported dysons.

it’s easy to blame trump or the tories do you think Iran should shoulder any of the blame?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2019, 08:11:24 am by SydneyRover »
Now the UK has been drawn into the trump created crisis and we have dumb and dumber on the job how will we extricate ourselves.

Trump would love for us to start a fight with Iran and be able to ride in and save us and get off virtually blame free.

If Hunt has any negotiating skills he kept them well hidden in the health portfolio and with johnson more than ready to prove that he is in fact Churchill incarnate then I think we could be in real trouble.

And to top it off we have further bad news as the pound has had a coronary and will affect the national obsessions of the annual pilgrimage to Spain and the price of imported dysons.

it’s easy to blame trump or the tories do you think Iran should shoulder any of the blame?

Riddle me this BP who unilaterally withdrew from the nuclear deal with Iran that has led to this latest crisis?

Hint, it wasn't me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_withdrawal_from_the_Joint_Comprehensive_Plan_of_Action

I haven't blamed the tories yet I'm just voicing my opinion on what I think of our negotiating team and our chances to get us out without a war.

Would you trust boris to make the right call BP, have a think about his time when he was the foreign Secretary did cover himself in glory or in doodoo.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2019, 11:05:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
Jeremy Hunt might be Boris's new foreign secretary.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2019, 08:53:05 pm by Sprotyrover »
Send Jeremy Corbin to Iran , he will sort it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 27, 2019, 01:40:28 am by bpoolrover »

Riddle me this BP who unilaterally withdrew from the nuclear deal with Iran that has led to this latest crisis?

Hint, it wasn't me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_withdrawal_from_the_Joint_Comprehensive_Plan_of_Action

I haven't blamed the tories yet I'm just voicing my opinion on what I think of our negotiating team and our chances to get us out without a war.

Would you trust boris to make the right call BP, have a think about his time when he was the foreign Secretary did cover himself in glory or in doodoo.

I would trust anyone really before Iran and I would trust anyone bar Corbyn on foreign policy! What about you?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 27, 2019, 01:49:17 am by SydneyRover »
While we are till dealing with the consequences of the Iraq war why would you trust someone that pours lies out at faster than a PM writing for the Tele?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 27, 2019, 02:06:42 am by bpoolrover »
Would you trust Corbyn with Britain’s foreign policy?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 27, 2019, 02:09:07 am by bpoolrover »
I’ve answered your question I would trust anyone bar Corbyn, can you not see it does not matter what boris or the tories do labour will never get in power while he is in charge, you can slate the tories but would you not be better trying sort your own party out 1st then bothering with the tories?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 27, 2019, 05:03:05 am by SydneyRover »
I’ve answered your question I would trust anyone bar Corbyn, can you not see it does not matter what boris or the tories do labour will never get in power while he is in charge, you can slate the tories but would you not be better trying sort your own party out 1st then bothering with the tories?
Would you trust Corbyn with Britain’s foreign policy?
Firstly you don't know whom I support and secondly I have been saying for quite some time that if either May or Corbyn didn't support a third referendum they would in turn have to go and we would have an election.
I would trust Corbyn not to take us into a war just to save his own or his party's skin.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 27, 2019, 04:37:23 pm by Sprotyrover »
Apparently when the Oil Tanker got seized by Iran last week we asked the US Navy to help out and were  politely told that British Shipping was our own concern. Hence the massive Wind change in defence spending
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:00:26 pm by Sprotyrover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 27, 2019, 08:54:26 pm by Sprotyrover »
What I don’t understand is why we felt it necessary to seize the Iranian Oil tanker when you could guess what was going to happen next! What was wrong with the Spanish,French Italian or US navy seizing it?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 27, 2019, 09:13:01 pm by Filo »
What I don’t understand is why we felt it necessary to seize the Iranian Oil tanker when you could guess what was going to happen next! What was wrong with the Spanish,French Italian or US navy seizing it?

It was in British waters

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 27, 2019, 09:53:26 pm by wilts rover »

The EU did not request the tanker be stopped (despite us claiming we seized it because it was breaking EU sanctions) and still have not commented on it. The US did request it be stopped and have welcomed the seizure - go figga

http://theconversation.com/eu-silence-over-british-seizure-of-iranian-tanker-is-a-telling-glimpse-of-post-brexit-future-120437
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/20/britain-lured-into-deadly-trap-on-iran-by-trump-hawk-john-bolton

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 28, 2019, 05:47:41 am by Sprotyrover »
Nice cock up on UK part and has revealed the lack of capacity of the Royal Navy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 15, 2019, 01:13:50 pm by SydneyRover »
Bolton wants Britain to dial it up against Iran. Is this one of the real reasons the US want Britain out of Europe?

Bolton’s trip to London saw him make further diplomatic efforts to steer a post-Brexit UK further away from Europe on a range of issues including the Iran nuclear deal and the role of the Chinese technology firm Huawei.

''Bolton is hoping that a Johnson administration will gradually adopt a foreign policy on Iran more independent of its two former EU partners Germany and France after Brexit, and closer to the policy of maximum economic pressure on Tehran imposed by Donald Trump.

Earlier this month, Iran accused the US of engaging in “economic terrorism” against its people. The Iranian foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, also warned Britain that acting in concert with the Trump administration would bring about a response from Tehran''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/15/us-moves-to-block-release-of-iranian-vessel-in-g

TinyPortal © 2005-2012