Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:14:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Masks on Concourses TBar queues Loos ?  (Read 3844 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
No Masks on Concourses TBar queues Loos ?
« on January 17, 2022, 05:56:11 am by Donnywolf »
Based on West Stand v Wigan

There was a requirement to wear Masks in the above places and optional in Ground itself - this cut and pasted - from DROS

In line with Government’s Plan B, masks must be worn in all indoor areas of the stadium. This includes the Club Shop, Box Office, and concourses.

My crude Poll especially at HT put the number with no Masks at around 15 per cent. I didnt count those eating or drinking - just those in loo [where there was an exchange of views between a masked man and unmasked one] ...

.... and also those in Tbar queues - those stood watching TV and those walking to and fro - several of whom had masks round their necks but not "on" noses and mouths.
I will wait for the Survey - but that was mine
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 06:01:26 am by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: No Masks on Concourses TBar queues Loos ?
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2022, 06:14:37 am by keith79 »
Not everyone can wear a mask some disabilities are not always visible. Please be kind.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2022, 08:37:39 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not everyone wishes to comply with a ridiculous law either.

Best get used to it. Rightly or wrongly.

If you are spending your half time break counting the number of people without masks, perhaps start questioning if your fear is rational to begin with.

If Boris said tomorrow, masks are no longer required, many people will stop wearing them. Mad.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:43:01 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2022, 08:41:17 am by Not Now Kato »
Not everyone wants to be put at risk by thaughtlles individuals who don't give sh1t about their fellow supporters!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2022, 08:43:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not everyone wants to be put at risk by thaughtlles individuals who don't give sh1t about their fellow supporters!

That's a big judgement to make.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 17, 2022, 08:47:36 am by roversdude »
2 wrongs don’t make a right but it would send more of a message out if the stewards in the West Stand concourse wore masks.
One thing I did notice on Saturday were the tab ends all the way up the stairwell going into the game

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 17, 2022, 08:58:43 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Anyone who hasn't had Covid (which is now a mild cold for most) will get it at some point. It is inevitable.

Anyone who doesn't want to accept this and wants to wear a mask forever, no problems. Just stop having a pop at others who don't want to do this and then play the old 'you don't care about others card', which is frankly pathetic.

I do care about others. I just don't want to wear a mask or be told to by busy bodies.

Sorry but some have had 2 years of this bullshit. Being forced to wear useless face coverings and if they don't they somehow want people to die. Enough.

Over 50% of people who are in there due to non Covid reasons actually contract Covid IN HOSPITAL.  Hospitals are clinical settings and one of the few places where literally everyone has to wear a mask, and yet Covid spread is rife, and someone thinks wearing them in the West Stand concourse makes any difference!

Astonishing really.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:07:45 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 17, 2022, 09:11:17 am by Donnywolf »
Well firstly I didn't go to game with the intention of "counting those without masks"

I just noticed that there were lots and the Club had stated that they were required to be worn  where stated in the op

I don't go to Tesco to count either but I do notice there are people in there maskless despite Notices saying they need to be worn ... and the Staff ignore the non wearers and I don't blame them ....

I did not in my opening post please notice " play the old you don't care about others card"

I merely stated the straw poll I saw because I expected the vast vast majority to wear masks .... so I will reject the "pathetic" comment if aimed at me

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2022, 09:14:54 am by roversdude »
CDH can assure you DW is not a busy body

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2022, 09:19:31 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
CDH can assure you DW is not a busy body

Yes. I was more referring to that incident in which he described an altercation between two blokes about one not wearing a mask. Not directly at DW. So apologies to DW for that.

People need to mind their own business and stop bothering people without masks as there is some tangible anger out there and for some it won't end well.

I am genuinely medically exempt anyway but will adhere to Covid measures if i believe they are appropriate and that they have some effect.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:22:58 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2022, 09:22:37 am by glosterred »
Just a thought, for those who cannot wear a mask, should they be mingling with people in confined spaces like the concourse? If they cannot wear a mask or won’t, they’re going to look silly when they’re having to wear one on ITU at their local hospital.

COYR

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2022, 09:23:59 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Just a thought, for those who cannot wear a mask, should they be mingling with people in confined spaces like the concourse? If they cannot wear a mask or won’t, they’re going to look silly when they’re having to wear one on ITU at their local hospital.

COYR

I've been into hospital a few times. Never worn a mask. I am exempt but do not tell anyone and nor am i asked for the most part.

In actual fact, a consultant at urology at the Hallamshire conducted an appointment in a small room with his mask on his chin!

I was actually staggered that a consultant in a medical setting would do this - if not just for the example it sets, but i'm not bothered as i'd prefer him not to wear one anyway.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:27:29 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2022, 09:24:52 am by Goole Rover »

If you are spending your half time break counting the number of people without masks, perhaps start questioning if your fear is rational to begin with.

If Boris said tomorrow, masks are no longer required, many people will stop wearing them. Mad.
How the heck can you question Wolfe when you recently wrote twenty odd paragraphs of rubbish.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2022, 09:28:46 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

How the heck can you question Wolfe when you recently wrote twenty odd paragraphs of rubbish.

And the relevance to this topic is?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2022, 09:51:38 am by Colin C No.3 »
If I wear a mask I’m protecting you, if you wear a mask you’re protecting me.

You are exempt from wearing a mask, I’m in the high risk category of people who if they contract covid will be hospitalised. I’m not being over dramatic when I tell you that if I caught covid, there’s a high likelihood I wouldn’t be coming out of hospital.

I’ve self isolated for the best part of two years, having groceries delivered so that we wouldn’t have to go to supermarket’s, family members voluntarily taking LFT’s before they visit because of their concern for me.

Me & my wife decided some six months or so ago to start to do our own shopping again. We wear masks & sanitise our hands & at first it was difficult & alarming to see so many people not only without masks but talking in groups, laughing, coughing, touching.

I started to come to Rovers games again. I’m as careful as I can possibly be, there are many on the concourse, in the toilets, leaving the ground down the stairwells who clearly aren’t. It worries me of course, but I can’t do anything about it. We live in a democracy, you are free to make your own decisions on how you ‘conduct’ yourself through this pandemic.

I’m taking calculated risks daily, but I want to live as normal a life as possible.

You say it’s inevitable that we’ll all catch covid at some point but there’s nothing to worry about, it’s just like getting a cold.

My consultant knows how I live my life. He understands but remains candid about the likely outcome for me should I contract the virus.

I don’t think I’m playing Russian Roulette, but I’d be lying if I said I no longer worry & what will be will be.

We’ve had 150,000+ deaths from covid in the past two years. I don’t want to be a statistic on the BBC six o’clock news CDH.

Nothing to do with what Bozo says.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 10:22:59 am by Colin C No.3 »

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2022, 10:14:35 am by Goole Rover »

Sorry having a bad morning my National Grid Shares are down 2p I’m now down two thousand notes.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2022, 10:16:30 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Sorry having a bad morning my National Grid Shares are down 2p I’m now down two thousand notes.

Err ok. Doolally isn't a word commonly used these days but appropriate in this instance.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 17, 2022, 11:12:39 am by Spud »
Must admit I forgot to put mine on, on the way out of the ground. After all this time it's still not second nature am afraid

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 17, 2022, 11:21:40 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think we are officially in the endemic phase and an increasing number are paying lip service to the guidance if at all.

I put my mask on when I went through the turnstiles but by the time I reached the concourse I could see it was pointless, so didn't bother from that point.

There's a high percentage that have now been either a) fully jabbed or b) been exposed to the virus so generally we've done as much as we can.

I respect those who wish to continue to wear masks if they feel more secure however, we are at a stage where the majority of folk are reluctant to wear masks if they can get away with it. You can sense that desire to return to normal without having to wait for the government to tell us.

Individually, we have to continue to do our own risk assessment every day and we have to be prepared to come across larger numbers of folk unmasked in indoor areas.

I'm pretty sure all the remaining restrictions will end soon anyway.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 17, 2022, 11:24:18 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Btw. My partners mum is late 80's, has loads of health conditions and literally is barely alive.

She caught Covid a few weeks back and barely knew about it.

She has been triple jabbed but can't say whether that helped or not but what i guess i am trying to do is try and help with some of the fear that many have out there that automatically assume that getting Covid is a death sentence.

Apologies if this seems a bit insensitive to some who are really vulnerable.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2022, 12:10:36 pm by bobbymax »
Btw. My partners mum is late 80's, has loads of health conditions and literally is barely alive.

She caught Covid a few weeks back and barely knew about it.

She has been triple jabbed but can't say whether that helped or not but what i guess i am trying to do is try and help with some of the fear that many have out there that automatically assume that getting Covid is a death sentence.

Apologies if this seems a bit insensitive to some who are really vulnerable.
The fact remains, CDH, that Covid has been a death sentence for almost 200,000 people in the UK and the danger is still very real for many. I'm aware of that and responsible enough to wear a mask when asked to in confined spaces. The point will come when it may not be necessary but we are not there yet.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2022, 12:36:02 pm by ravenrover »
Can't undeslrstanf people not wearing their mssks on Saturday it was flipping cold, kept mine on all game nice and warm

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2022, 12:48:56 pm by keith79 »

COYR
you should see them on the bus

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 17, 2022, 12:49:02 pm by Bessie Red »
2 wrongs don’t make a right but it would send more of a message out if the stewards in the West Stand concourse wore masks.
One thing I did notice on Saturday were the tab ends all the way up the stairwell going into the game
Made me chuckle that nearly 100% of the staff serving had their masks around their necks, like the virus wouldn't dare move beyond the counter.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 17, 2022, 01:21:24 pm by KingKendrick »
Stay at home then if you are that concerned

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 17, 2022, 02:04:22 pm by BVB »
Or stay at home if you don’t want to follow the rules.
Works both ways KK.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 17, 2022, 02:47:34 pm by KingKendrick »
Reality is if anyone feels that they are at risk of potentially ending up in hospital or worse I certainly wouldn’t be going to a stadium crowd of 5/6k people rather than moaning at someone for not wearing a mask on a concourse despite the fact people won’t be to eat/drink anyway.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 17, 2022, 02:55:05 pm by roversdude »
The concourse is a strange one. You can go in the BVB and stand shoulder to shoulder with someone, with doors closed etc and yet don’t need a mask. The concourse is much more ventilated but needs a mask…..unless you are eating or drinking. Not a dig at the Rovers merely comment on the sketchy guidance given out by government.
Would however question the use of only one set of turnstiles in the West Stand

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 17, 2022, 02:56:29 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Reality is if anyone feels that they are at risk of potentially ending up in hospital or worse I certainly wouldn’t be going to a stadium crowd of 5/6k people rather than moaning at someone for not wearing a mask on a concourse despite the fact people won’t be to eat/drink anyway.

I agree with this, although accept what BVB says. If they are rules then they are rules. It is a bit surprising though that, as you say, someone who has concerns is prepared voluntarily to attend an event with thousands of people. It isn't like a supermarket where you have to go to get food.

We went to the theatre recently in our town. It isn't a large theatre, about 300 seats. I asked my sister if she wanted to come along as she's been having a hard time recently and been told she may have cancer in her early 40's and she also has another health issue so thought getting her out of the house would be good.

I would drive up to Donny to collect her and take her back home again after.

I told her that i wouldn't be wearing a mask, not in the car or at the theatre, nor taking a test and masks at that time were optional and many people would be sat cheek to jowel and not wearing masks. She decided to come along. She made a decision based on her level of risk but wore a mask, as is her right to make that choice.

The show was utterly dire but the good thing was that she did not contract Covid either.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:06:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 17, 2022, 02:59:36 pm by Goole Rover »
Well said BVB.
Come on KK it’s no hardship to wear a mask to protect others some on here must have been well and truly mollycoddled by Mummy. Just remember KK some of those vulnerable people might be in desperate need of an afternoon out the virus is taking it’s toll in other ways.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012