Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:54:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keir Starmer attacked by mob  (Read 3893 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Keir Starmer attacked by mob
« Reply #30 on February 07, 2022, 10:31:07 pm by normal rules »
Some of the protestors today were calling starmer a traitor for not opposing the govt. so are they not Labour supporters ? Am I missing something?
Moments before starmer was targeted this group were being addressed by none other than Piers Corbyn. These people are left wing. No question. They see him As a traitor to the left wing cause.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 10:37:21 pm by normal rules »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 07, 2022, 10:34:49 pm by wilts rover »
Johnson accused by own MP's of inciting mob against Starmer - front page of tomorrow's Times

https://twitter.com/BBCHelena/status/1490815024826359808

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 07, 2022, 10:54:23 pm by albie »
NR,

So you think Piers Corbyn and Resistance GB are Left wing....that is just unreal!
The guy running RGB is a former Tory councillor in Enfield, thrown out for racism.

William Coleshill....look him up.

Where are you getting this stuff from, if I might ask?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 10:59:21 pm by albie »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 07, 2022, 11:02:23 pm by normal rules »
Ok, let’s split this up.
Piers corbyn is left wing. No question. He only left the Labour Party over the Iraq war.
He is an anti vax, proponent of covid conspiracy theories, hence his latching onto RGB.
Anti vax crosses political boundaries of course.
So it was a mixed crowd I suppose. With left wing tendencies. Why else would they call starmer a traitor?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 07, 2022, 11:04:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
NR.

Left-Right is not just a straight line. There are plenty of examples of people who have gone so far Left they have emerged at the Far Right.

Oswald Moseley was one. Claire Fox and the Spiked mob are modern examples.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 07, 2022, 11:08:01 pm by normal rules »
I’m fully conversant with left/ right politics. And the extremes. And the grey bits.
But starmer was called a traitor today. For not opposing the the Conservative govt.
so it’s pretty clear which side of the fence these calls came from.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 07, 2022, 11:17:18 pm by SydneyRover »
We're getting further away from the problem, johnson and those that elected him

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 07, 2022, 11:26:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m fully conversant with left/ right politics. And the extremes. And the grey bits.
But starmer was called a traitor today. For not opposing the the Conservative govt.

And you think those are people from the Labour party? Or the ones who screamed at him that he was protecting paedophiles?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 07, 2022, 11:32:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

For not opposing the government regarding vaccinations. So they're calling him a traitor to the anti-vaxxers, not the Labour party. It does help if you know why they were shouting it and not making up your own reason.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 07, 2022, 11:38:01 pm by normal rules »

And you think those are people from the Labour party? Or the ones who screamed at him that he was protecting paedophiles?

Upon reflection, I may have been generous supposing they were Labour Party voters.
Perhaps even more left of that. Or perhaps even far right . Or a mix of both.
And I’ve seen the footage, there was a single cry of Jimmy saville. Yet the MSM and everyone with an anti Johnson agenda run with just that.
He was surrounded today because of his politics, not because of anything he did or didn’t do as DPP. And for what it’s worth, I do not feel he was anything to do with the Saville thing.
The MSM sound bites are all over Johnson’s quote about Saville. The protest this group were part of today were nothing at all to do with that.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 11:47:08 pm by normal rules »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 07, 2022, 11:49:29 pm by normal rules »

For not opposing the government regarding vaccinations. So they're calling him a traitor to the anti-vaxxers, not the Labour party. It does help if you know why they were shouting it and not making up your own reason.

If they are anti vax, and calling him a traitor, then by Definition they suggest that he himself should be anti vax?
Or is it just the case that they want him to oppose the tories stance on vaccinations?
Is there a difference?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 08, 2022, 12:01:52 am by SydneyRover »
''I do not feel he was anything to do with the Saville thing'' hmmm

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 08, 2022, 12:15:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »

If they are anti vax, and calling him a traitor, then by Definition they suggest that he himself should be anti vax?
Or is it just the case that they want him to oppose the tories stance on vaccinations?
Is there a difference?

They want him to oppose the Tories' stance. And to persuade him they shout "You should be f**king hung"?

Stop trying to find reasons for this and look at the elephant in the room. There has been NOTHING aimed at Starmer like this until within days of Johnson repeating a meme that had been quietly doing the rounds on fascist social media accounts.

If you don't think that Johnson's disgusting use of that meme has raised the pressure massively, I don't know where you have been this last week.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 08, 2022, 12:30:31 am by River Don »
Some of the protestors today were calling starmer a traitor for not opposing the govt. so are they not Labour supporters ? Am I missing something?
Moments before starmer was targeted this group were being addressed by none other than Piers Corbyn. These people are left wing. No question. They see him As a traitor to the left wing cause.

No, they see him as a traitor to the British people, along with the government and the mainstream media.

They seem to regard the vaccination program as being against their rights and the common law. Or something.

I would say this isn't a left/right issue. It's a sanity/idiocy issue.

The conspiracy theories appeal to extremists of both left and right. I think it's fair to say Johnsons remarks have helped stir up this hornets nest.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 01:01:21 am by River Don »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 08, 2022, 01:13:32 am by albie »
Here is Will Coleshill of RGB;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCIOClwWUAA6J5B.jpg:large

Selfie with a friend thrown in.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 08, 2022, 01:21:04 am by River Don »
Here's an article by Monibot bemoaning how leftwing counter cultural movements are drawn into this stuff.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/22/leftwingers-far-right-conspiracy-theories-anti-vaxxers-power

His most pertinent line is this: There’s a temptation to overthink this, and we should never discount the role of sheer bloody idiocy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 08, 2022, 01:36:36 am by SydneyRover »
Here's an article by Monibot bemoaning how leftwing counter cultural movements are drawn into this stuff.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/22/leftwingers-far-right-conspiracy-theories-anti-vaxxers-power

His most pertinent line is this: There’s a temptation to overthink this, and we should never discount the role of sheer bloody idiocy.

That's right correct, only dingbats would swallow and follow.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 08, 2022, 07:12:30 am by selby »
  Poor old stabber, they got the traitor bit right though going over to Brussels at every opportunity over Brexit to see his mates, he is not one to be trusted, although mob rule is not on.
  Democracy is a crap way to run a country, the problem is every other way is worse.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 08, 2022, 07:21:14 am by glosterred »
Words have consequences, the PM’s slur has led to this, he’s still in office, this can’t go on, he’s a dangerous man, has not a care in the world for anyone else but himself!

Yep words do have consequences

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-conference-deputy-leader-angela-rayner-doubles-down-on-tory-scum-comments-12418461

I guess the difference being she apologised aye?

Only because she was pressured into doing so.

But still an apology, slimeball johnson has yet to do that

It took her over a month to do so though

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 08, 2022, 07:22:53 am by glosterred »
Words have consequences, the PM’s slur has led to this, he’s still in office, this can’t go on, he’s a dangerous man, has not a care in the world for anyone else but himself!

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-conference-deputy-leader-angela-rayner-doubles-down-on-tory-scum-comments-12418461

Yes she apologised, how you can defend Johnson I do not know, this has all the same hallmarks of Trump running up to the Capitol riots

I’m not defending Johnson, I’m pointing out both Tory and Labour politicians have done the same thing and words do have consequences

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 08, 2022, 07:32:03 am by SydneyRover »

I guess the difference being she apologised aye?

Only because she was pressured into doing so.

It took her over a month to do so though

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 08, 2022, 07:35:51 am by Nudga »
The headline of this post says "Keir Starmer attacked by mob".
I didn't see him being attacked, he was shouted at by a few people, I suppose it may have hurt his feelings though.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 08, 2022, 07:38:02 am by SydneyRover »
The headline of this post says "Keir Starmer attacked by mob".
I didn't see him being attacked, he was shouted at by a few people, I suppose it may have hurt his feelings though.

Would you be happy to be on the end of that?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 08, 2022, 07:42:18 am by DonnyOsmond »
Maybe they're a mixture of left and right wing, being anti-vaccines/lockdowns doesn't seem to dictate what side you're on. At the end of the day, minus Nudga I'm sure we can all agree that they're all t**ts.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 08, 2022, 07:44:13 am by SydneyRover »
And what was the catalyst for it all?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 08, 2022, 07:48:17 am by glosterred »
From Paul Embery, trade unionist and political commentator Twitter feed

When Rees-Mogg, Gove and Farage were abused on the street by baying mobs, most people didn’t give a toss. In fact, much of the Twitterati laughed along. My point is that people should be consistent about these things. If your outrage is selective, it ain’t genuine.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 08, 2022, 07:52:29 am by SydneyRover »
From Paul Embery, trade unionist and political commentator Twitter feed

When Rees-Mogg, Gove and Farage were abused on the street by baying mobs, most people didn’t give a toss. In fact, much of the Twitterati laughed along. My point is that people should be consistent about these things. If your outrage is selective, it ain’t genuine.

Agreed but it should be much easier to control the language and actions of parliamentarians as they should be setting the standard. When MPs or those in their employ make a mistake they should acknowledge it and apologise, same for those on the forum.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 08, 2022, 07:53:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
Starmer apologised on behalf of the organisation that he led about the fact that they failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile. The fact that he apologised suggests that he does bear some responsibility.

The fact is, that under his leadership time was spent prosecuting journalists instead of  Jimmy Savile.

It was maybe tactfully wrong for Johnson to say it but it was technically right. The constant barrage of being called a liar obviously got to Johnson, and it pushed him to remark on the  hypocrisy of it all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 08, 2022, 07:59:35 am by Filo »
Starmer apologised on behalf of the organisation that he led about the fact that they failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile. The fact that he apologised suggests that he does bear some responsibility.

The fact is, that under his leadership time was spent prosecuting journalists instead of  Jimmy Savile.

It was maybe tactfully wrong for Johnson to say it but it was technically right. The constant barrage of being called a liar obviously got to Johnson, and it pushed him to remark on the  hypocrisy of it all.

He won’t give you a knighthood

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 08, 2022, 08:04:36 am by SydneyRover »

Surely he should be used to it by now, as it's exactly what he is aye bb?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012