Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:55:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keir Starmer attacked by mob  (Read 3898 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Keir Starmer attacked by mob
« Reply #60 on February 08, 2022, 08:08:15 am by SydneyRover »
And as Filo has remarked johnson won't say it outside parliament whereas right around the world people write books, newspaper articles, tv commentary, cartoons, every which way people have called johnson out for being a liar.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 08, 2022, 08:17:42 am by belton rover »
Maybe they're a mixture of left and right wing, being anti-vaccines/lockdowns doesn't seem to dictate what side you're on. At the end of the day, minus Nudga I'm sure we can all agree that they're all t**ts.
You are absolutely right there, Donny.

It was a despicable act by thugs who, given the opportunity, will be doing it again today, tomorrow and so on to whoever they happen across.
Those who are directly blaming Johnson’s ‘Savile’ quote for what happened to Starmer are just as scary, in some ways.
If something similar happened to Johnson, if the same arseholes attacked him in the street, with the same level of abuse, then some on here would be saying that it’s not the fault of these poor thugs, because Johnson would have driven them to it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 08, 2022, 08:19:53 am by SydneyRover »
Maybe they're a mixture of left and right wing, being anti-vaccines/lockdowns doesn't seem to dictate what side you're on. At the end of the day, minus Nudga I'm sure we can all agree that they're all t**ts.

It was a despicable act by thugs who, given the opportunity, will be doing it again today, tomorrow and so on to whoever they happen across.
Those who are directly blaming Johnson’s ‘Savile’ quote for what happened to Starmer are just as scary, in some ways.
If something similar happened to Johnson, if the same arseholes attacked him in the street, with the same level of abuse, then some on here would be saying that it’s not the fault of these poor thugs, because Johnson would have driven them to it.

Name them

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 08, 2022, 08:25:32 am by Bentley Bullet »
Starmer apologised on behalf of the organisation that he led about the fact that they failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile. The fact that he apologised suggests that he does bear some responsibility.

The fact is, that under his leadership time was spent prosecuting journalists instead of  Jimmy Savile.

It was maybe tactfully wrong for Johnson to say it but it was technically right. The constant barrage of being called a liar obviously got to Johnson, and it pushed him to remark on the  hypocrisy of it all.

He won’t give you a knighthood

Can you get a knighthood for impartiality?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 08, 2022, 08:31:01 am by SydneyRover »
when you think about it johnson mist be keeping thousands of comedians, writers, cartoonists, journalists and lawyers in work, there's a whole industry revolving just around him

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 08, 2022, 08:40:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
A few months ago, chief medical officer Chris Whitty was repeatedly called a liar by a young lad in the street. I'm sure the vast majority of the public would have been disgusted by this sort of behaviour.

I wonder if the young lad was merely copying the language of members of the house of commons towards the PM, and was puzzled by the outrage caused by simply expressing his opinion?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 08, 2022, 08:45:25 am by SydneyRover »
A few months ago, chief medical officer Chris Whitty was repeatedly called a liar by a young lad in the street. I'm sure the vast majority of the public would have been disgusted by this sort of behaviour.

I wonder if the young lad was merely copying the language of members of the house of commons towards the PM, and was puzzled by the outrage caused by simply expressing his opinion?

You're victim blaming, everyone is the victim of johnson's lying arse one way or another.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 08, 2022, 08:50:30 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

To be fair, Chris Whitty is fair game. I wonder how much Big Pharma paid him off to over rule the JCVI decision not to jab 12 year olds? The man must now be a multi millionaire.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 08, 2022, 08:53:11 am by SydneyRover »

To be fair, Chris Whitty is fair game. I wonder how much Big Pharma paid him off to over rule the JCVI decision not to jab 12 year olds? The man must now be a multi millionaire.

I'll bet Whitty has a better case in court against you than any of your attempts to sue various others?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 08, 2022, 08:56:00 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I haven't got a bent bean to rub together sunshine. He can do what he likes.

Besides, i can say it's just a joke. Just like Jimmy Carr's was just a joke.  ;)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 08, 2022, 08:57:13 am by SydneyRover »

How have you been paying your lawyers?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 08, 2022, 08:58:15 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Threats are usually sufficient to gain enough traction for change.

Anyway, stick to the subject matter fanny lips.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 08, 2022, 08:59:29 am by SydneyRover »

Threats are usually sufficient to gain enough traction for change.

I can imagine

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 08, 2022, 09:00:02 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Ok old man

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 08, 2022, 09:01:53 am by SydneyRover »
File that letter with the other unrepresented legal threats ....................... ok, will do

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 08, 2022, 09:07:38 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
File that letter with the other unrepresented legal threats ....................... ok, will do

Keep on topic Sydney. Starmer attacked by mob.  :thumbsup:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 08, 2022, 09:09:45 am by SydneyRover »

[/quote

Or the new topic 'CDH sued for libel by respected scientist'   :woohoo:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 08, 2022, 10:49:36 am by SydneyRover »
Why would a tory minister make a dick of himself if johnson had already apologised???

''Johnson will not apologise for Jimmy Savile remark, says minister
PM urged to apologise for saying Keir Starmer failed to prosecute Savile, after protesters call Labour leader ‘paedophile protector’

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 08, 2022, 11:05:36 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Starmer apologised on behalf of the organisation that he led about the fact that they failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile. The fact that he apologised suggests that he does bear some responsibility.

The fact is, that under his leadership time was spent prosecuting journalists instead of  Jimmy Savile.

It was maybe tactfully wrong for Johnson to say it but it was technically right. The constant barrage of being called a liar obviously got to Johnson, and it pushed him to remark on the  hypocrisy of it all.

He won’t give you a knighthood

Who was it that gave Starmer a knighthood for his services to the legal profession..? And why wasn't Boris condemning it at the time..?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 08, 2022, 11:07:15 am by drfchound »
Does anyone actually, really, know what the mob were calling Starmer out for?
Some posters are suggesting why it might be but others have said, in their opinion of course, what it actually is.
Varying accounts of course so they can’t all be right.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 11:12:32 am by drfchound »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 08, 2022, 11:14:53 am by drfchound »
We're getting further away from the problem, johnson and those that elected him

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 08, 2022, 12:20:41 pm by Nudga »
The headline of this post says "Keir Starmer attacked by mob".
I didn't see him being attacked, he was shouted at by a few people, I suppose it may have hurt his feelings though.

Would you be happy to be on the end of that?

No I wouldn't, but my point still stands, he wasn't attacked. If he was, those coppers would have arrested those people.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 08, 2022, 12:34:48 pm by normal rules »
It was the cops that got attacked. With traffic cones.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 08, 2022, 12:44:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.

Do you consider it normal when you're on your way home from work, to have people trying to block you as you walk, screaming "You want f**king hanging!" at you?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 08, 2022, 12:48:03 pm by glosterred »
I didn't see him being attacked, he was shouted at by a few people, I suppose it may have hurt his feelings though.

No I wouldn't, but my point still stands, he wasn't attacked. If he was, those coppers would have arrested those people.

He was verbally attacked, is this any less distressing than physically attacked? Less painful yes but less distressing?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on February 08, 2022, 12:48:20 pm by Nudga »
No it's not normal, and these people are f**kin idiots, but he wasn't attacked.

If there are longer videos than what I've seen where he or the police are being attacked then I stand corrected.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 08, 2022, 12:50:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verbal_abuse

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 08, 2022, 12:56:47 pm by wilts rover »
Does anyone actually, really, know what the mob were calling Starmer out for?
Some posters are suggesting why it might be but others have said, in their opinion of course, what it actually is.
Varying accounts of course so they can’t all be right.

Yes. I posted links to three videos - one of them has subtitles - where you can see for yourself exactly what it was they were calling Starmer out for.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 08, 2022, 01:02:23 pm by normal rules »
What isn’t clear is were this group set up to target KS at that time and place, or was it just a case of wrong place wrong time and an opportunist encounter?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 08, 2022, 01:02:46 pm by wilts rover »

Just to clarify, you are accusing the (I believe it is 12 to date) Tory MP's who have directly linked Johnson's quote to what happened of being scary?

Why then have these people, who reguarly hang around Parliament never attacked Starmer in this way previously? Is it just a coincidence they accussed Starmer of the same lie Johnson accused him of - when never having done it before he said those accusations?

What is scary is people's denial of facts and appeasement of liars. You know exactly where that leads.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012