Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:42:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Disorder in Knowsley  (Read 3859 times)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: Disorder in Knowsley
« Reply #30 on February 21, 2023, 10:18:08 pm by ncRover »
https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/21/im-an-asylum-seeker-and-was-in-the-hotel-targeted-by-far-right-rioters-18316836/

Horrible to read about the welcome this man received after going through so much

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 22, 2023, 02:43:30 am by BobG »
There's boat loads of research Sprotty that proves conclusively that 99.9% of sentient people can read perfectly well what looks to be gobbledegook. These people read the sense of what's written. What makes you different I wonder....

You could start to practice with 'json born'
BobG
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 02:50:07 am by BobG »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 22, 2023, 05:45:17 pm by Sprotyrover »
Go and see a Doctor Bob!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 22, 2023, 10:06:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/21/im-an-asylum-seeker-and-was-in-the-hotel-targeted-by-far-right-rioters-18316836/

Horrible to read about the welcome this man received after going through so much

Well, the Home Secretary has tonight given a tacit thumbs up to those who tried torching that hotel housing asylum seekers.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1628474788783030273

I don't say this lightly, but she is genuinely evil. A horrible, hateful woman who would be an out and out fascist if she could get away with it.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 23, 2023, 06:26:44 am by ncRover »

Well, the Home Secretary has tonight given a tacit thumbs up to those who tried torching that hotel housing asylum seekers.

I don't say this lightly, but she is genuinely evil. A horrible, hateful woman who would be an out and out fascist if she could get away with it.

Sad to hear. I thought we were getting past this in our society.

There really is a gap in UK politics for a party to come in and offer an free, prosperous and hopeful vision for the future.

I don’t see myself voting at present.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 23, 2023, 07:14:07 am by wilts rover »

There really is a gap in UK politics for a party to come in and offer an free, prosperous and hopeful vision for the future.

THere is. But with a media controlled by millionaire tax dodgers willing to spread any lies to keep the Tories in power so they can carry on dodging that tax, there is absolutely no way they would be allowed to get a hearing.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 23, 2023, 08:02:42 am by ncRover »

THere is. But with a media controlled by millionaire tax dodgers willing to spread any lies to keep the Tories in power so they can carry on dodging that tax, there is absolutely no way they would be allowed to get a hearing.

My politics don’t really align with Labour.

I think you’re being a bit conspiratorial, people can make up their own minds.

Starmer’s uncontroversial nature will win him the next election but it will ultimately be his downfall.

That or his net zero by 2030 idea. The justification for which I wouldn’t view as an optimistic view for the future. Even so, it’s very unrealistic and he’s setting himself up for not meeting a pledge.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 08:17:59 am by ncRover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 23, 2023, 11:53:29 am by normal rules »
Different topic, but I see there was an anti Low Traffic protest in Oxford a few days ago. I’ve seen a few videos and this protest did not look like some nationalistic, facist right wing gig. And yet a counter, Antifa type mob were present to to mix things up. Am I missing something?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 23, 2023, 12:22:50 pm by ravenrover »
Does it ever make you wonder how these low traffic or stop oil etc protesters get to wherever they are protesting?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 23, 2023, 01:06:08 pm by Sprotyrover »
Does it ever make you wonder how these low traffic or stop oil etc protesters get to wherever they are protesting?
They probably cycle there..in lane three of the Motorway!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 23, 2023, 01:13:31 pm by normal rules »

They were actually protesting against plans for Oxford to be car free.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 23, 2023, 01:52:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

No way are we getting past this in modern society.

It is all the Right has. They have no economic philosophy (or at least none that actually works to a country's benefit). They have no concept of what they want society to be like in future. They exist for one purpose only - power for the sake of power. And they've spiralled in on the only thing they have left - stoke up people's fear and resentment of The Other.

Braverman knows exactly what she is doing here.  She knows that there's a big group of Tory party members who quietly and in there own homes would support the victimisation of the asylum seekers, and be on the side of the rioters. She's calling out to them to vote for her when Sunak stands down after the next election. She needs to keep the fear and hatred of The Otrher in the spotlight. So of course she's not going to criticise the rioters.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 23, 2023, 05:14:26 pm by ravenrover »

They were actually protesting against plans for Oxford to be car free.
My apologies, the report I heard said they were in favour of the low traffic scheme

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 23, 2023, 06:59:32 pm by ncRover »

No way are we getting past this in modern society.

It is all the Right has. They have no economic philosophy (or at least none that actually works to a country's benefit). They have no concept of what they want society to be like in future. They exist for one purpose only - power for the sake of power. And they've spiralled in on the only thing they have left - stoke up people's fear and resentment of The Other.

Braverman knows exactly what she is doing here.  She knows that there's a big group of Tory party members who quietly and in there own homes would support the victimisation of the asylum seekers, and be on the side of the rioters. She's calling out to them to vote for her when Sunak stands down after the next election. She needs to keep the fear and hatred of The Otrher in the spotlight. So of course she's not going to criticise the rioters.

Would you describe yourself as a centrist?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 23, 2023, 07:16:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No, I'd describe myself as centre-left.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 23, 2023, 07:55:56 pm by wilts rover »

My politics don’t really align with Labour.

I think you’re being a bit conspiratorial, people can make up their own minds.

Starmer’s uncontroversial nature will win him the next election but it will ultimately be his downfall.

That or his net zero by 2030 idea. The justification for which I wouldn’t view as an optimistic view for the future. Even so, it’s very unrealistic and he’s setting himself up for not meeting a pledge.

People can make up their own minds from the information they are provided with.

The information they are provided with comes primarily from Tory controlled/sympathetic media sources.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 23, 2023, 08:01:53 pm by wilts rover »
Different topic, but I see there was an anti Low Traffic protest in Oxford a few days ago. I’ve seen a few videos and this protest did not look like some nationalistic, facist right wing gig. And yet a counter, Antifa type mob were present to to mix things up. Am I missing something?

Yes its a free country with free speech. People are allowed to campaign for what they want. If someone organises a protest against something you dont support - you are allowed a counter protest so people know you want it.

Especially if it is co-organised by neo-Nazi's:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/member-neo-nazi-group-anti-134752863.html

https://symonhill.org/2023/02/18/conspiracy-theories-and-the-road-to-fascism-or-a-strange-day-in-oxford/

Or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 08:05:03 pm by wilts rover »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 23, 2023, 08:20:56 pm by ncRover »

Who would you trust more with the economy? Left-wing Jeremy Corbyn or Centre-right David Cameron?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 23, 2023, 08:25:38 pm by ncRover »
Protests and counter protests generally attract those at the political spectrum extremes while normal people are doing normal people stuff.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 23, 2023, 08:35:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Who would you trust more with the economy? Left-wing Jeremy Corbyn or Centre-right David Cameron?

Corbyn. By a country mile. At least, assuming he had McDonnell as his Chancellor. McDonnell understands how capitalist economies work WAY better that Cameron.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 23, 2023, 08:44:04 pm by ncRover »

Corbyn. By a country mile. At least, assuming he had McDonnell as his Chancellor. McDonnell understands how capitalist economies work WAY better that Cameron.

Are there any examples of leaders as left-wing as Corbyn / McDonnell providing long-term prosperity to a country?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 23, 2023, 08:50:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The Attlee Govt in 1945 set us on an unprecedented path of economic growth.

If we are asking those sorts of questions, do you know of any examples of economic policy as disastrously bad as Cameron's Austerity, based on the idiotic concept of expansionary fiscal contraction.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 23, 2023, 09:04:33 pm by wilts rover »
Far-right protest in South Yorkshire last weekend. Spot anyone from here on it:

https://twitter.com/TheNewsAgents/status/1628692641255682050

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 23, 2023, 09:07:36 pm by normal rules »
The Attlee Govt in 1945 set us on an unprecedented path of economic growth.

If we are asking those sorts of questions, do you know of any examples of economic policy as disastrously bad as Cameron's Austerity, based on the idiotic concept of expansionary fiscal contraction.

The economic boom post ww2 wasn’t called the golden age of capitalism for nothing. Any leader and any government would have succeeded economically. Up to and including the recession of 73 of course.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 23, 2023, 09:16:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
NR.

It was because, across the developed world, there was the constructive involvement of Government in the economy.

The Golden Age of Capitalism didn't just drop out of the heavens into the laps of politicians. The foundations of it were put in place by politicians who understood the macroeconomic framework that business needed.

That was a massive change to the appalling mess made of macroeconomics by the (mostly Conservative) Governments from 1920 to the mid 1930s.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 23, 2023, 09:27:51 pm by normal rules »
That said, it was only as recent as 2006 that the uk finally paid off the last of its ww2 war loans to the US.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 23, 2023, 09:34:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's because most Govt debt never does (or needs to) get repaid.

It was only 8 years ago that we paid off the last of the debt the Govt rang up bailing out the shitstorm created by the South Sea Bubble in 1720.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 23, 2023, 09:35:58 pm by tommy toes »
Attlee worked closely with J M Keynes, arguably the greatest economist to have ever lived, and despite the country being practically bankrupt after WW2, Keynsian economics set us on the road to prosperity, among all the other radical policies his government oversaw.
When the Tories regained power in 1951 (despite Labour polling far more votes) they continued to follow this fiscal policy, allowing McMillan to be able to say we'd never had it so good, in the late 50's.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:46:08 pm by tommy toes »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 23, 2023, 09:44:15 pm by danumdon »

It was only 8 years ago that we paid off the last of the debt the Govt rang up bailing out the shitstorm created by the South Sea Bubble in 1720.
[/quote

When you say MOST goverment debt never does (or needs to)get repaid,

Can you alighten us with the govermrnt debt that DOES need to be paid.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012