Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:37:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Local Elections  (Read 1327 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Local Elections
« Reply #60 on May 05, 2024, 06:38:34 pm by drfchound »
And to be clear, the same applies to the red rosette lot.
Do you think any differently?
Would you always vote Labour,  come what may?

What makes you think I vote Labour?

Just a feeling!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 05, 2024, 06:41:57 pm by Iberian Red »

What makes you think I vote Labour?

Just a feeling!

I hope you don't rely on your intuition,cos it's not very good.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 05, 2024, 07:55:13 pm by ravenrover »
Raven,

It is as clear as mud to me.
I don't know what is meant by close down the Rwanda Scheme...Cooper said "replaced" in the interview I saw.
To be replaced by a tweaked version, or something completely different?

Pat McFadden was on the LK show saying Labour would not bring back those sent to Rwanda;
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1787041247732834304/pu/vid/avc1/1280x714/Xg8nILNb6iRoWOXA.mp4?tag=12

Granted McFadden is not someone you would send to the shops with a note, but the messaging is confused and unreliable.

I really don't know!
It was on the Tory mouthpieces programme a few Sundays back

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 05, 2024, 08:25:18 pm by Iberian Red »
Raven,

It is as clear as mud to me.
I don't know what is meant by close down the Rwanda Scheme...Cooper said "replaced" in the interview I saw.
To be replaced by a tweaked version, or something completely different?

Pat McFadden was on the LK show saying Labour would not bring back those sent to Rwanda;
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1787041247732834304/pu/vid/avc1/1280x714/Xg8nILNb6iRoWOXA.mp4?tag=12

Granted McFadden is not someone you would send to the shops with a note, but the messaging is confused and unreliable.

I really don't know!
It was on the Tory mouthpieces programme a few Sundays back

Arse piece is more appropriate Raven

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 05, 2024, 08:42:58 pm by IDM »

Have to disagree there, I don’t have verified stats but I’m sure lots of folks who may have voted for Labour didn’t want Corbyn as pm.  Same in the 80s with Foot.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 05, 2024, 09:25:50 pm by River Don »
Imagine if it was between Sunak and Corbyn. What a dilemma. I think we'd have seen a very low turnout in a very important election.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 09:29:21 pm by River Don »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 05, 2024, 09:32:25 pm by drfchound »

Have to disagree there, I don’t have verified stats but I’m sure lots of folks who may have voted for Labour didn’t want Corbyn as pm.  Same in the 80s with Foot.

So their choice then was to vote Labour, win the GE and then somehow get Corbyn removed and replaced.
Someone on here canvassed for Labour (IIRC) when JC was Labour leader but has since catcalled him for not being up to the job so perhaps that was the plan.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 05, 2024, 09:49:31 pm by Iberian Red »
Have you not got a pair between your legs to name who you are talking about,rather than 'someone on here'?
Like the majority of the population that didn't vote for that bellend Boris,probably because he had more intuition than knew and knew what an absolute kitson Boris would be.
 You're like a parody of Harry Enfield's tory boy,but worst.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on May 05, 2024, 09:51:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »

So their choice then was to vote Labour, win the GE and then somehow get Corbyn removed and replaced.
Someone on here canvassed for Labour (IIRC) when JC was Labour leader but has since catcalled him for not being up to the job so perhaps that was the plan.
Some Labour supporters will vote for anybody who wears a Red Rosette, as was proved in the case of Corbyn, and is now confirmed beyond doubt with "The Right Honourable" Keir Starmer.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 05, 2024, 09:58:21 pm by Iberian Red »
Hang on fella,you've defended nit one but two law breaking PMs.
How the f**k can you have the audacity to call out other people?
Ah,I know why.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 05, 2024, 10:10:44 pm by drfchound »
Have you not got a pair between your legs to name who you are talking about,rather than 'someone on here'?
Like the majority of the population that didn't vote for that bellend Boris,probably because he had more intuition than knew and knew what an absolute kitson Boris would be.

That second paragraph, who are you talking about?
You really do jump from nowhere when myself or one or two others post on here.
The defender.
:-)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 05, 2024, 11:14:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Imagine if it was between Sunak and Corbyn. What a dilemma. I think we'd have seen a very low turnout in a very important election.

The choice was even worse last time, but the perennial liar Johnson managed to con millions of people to vote for his party against their best interests, not least by repeatedly lying about Brexit.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 05, 2024, 11:16:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I wonder if COVID hadn't scuttled Johnson what policies etc he'd have enacted.

Of course we'll never know and he didn't have the competency to stay scandal free regardless, but perhaps he'd have done far better than his replacements.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 05, 2024, 11:21:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He's talking about me as ever, and as ever, trying to convince himself I'm a hypocrite. Doesn't matter how many times he does it and gets it wrong, he always comes back with another go.

For the record, as I've said times many, and he's ignored an equal number of times, the last election was the worst choice of who to put into No10 in my lifetime.

But it WAS a straight choice between those two. And as we don't live in an ideal world, grown ups had to decide who they thought was the least bad option.

My take, always, was that Corbyn had the right domestic policies and would have been constrained by his MPs if he'd tried to implement his more dangerous and childish foreign policies

Whereas Johnson led a party that gave full reign to him as liar in chief, and which was and is awash with Russian kleptocrat funds.

So for me it was a no brainer which one to prefer.

Not that any of that will prevent Hound's next attempt to smear me as a hypocrite. Which is one reason why I still have him on Ignore.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 05, 2024, 11:22:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Of course we'll never know and he didn't have the competency to stay scandal free regardless, but perhaps he'd have done far better than his replacements.

COVID didn't scuttle Johnson. His lies and his support for a sex pest scuttled him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 05, 2024, 11:32:32 pm by drfchound »

He's talking about me as ever, and as ever, trying to convince himself I'm a hypocrite. Doesn't matter how many times he does it and gets it wrong, he always comes back with another go.

For the record, as I've said times many, and he's ignored an equal number of times, the last election was the worst choice of who to put into No10 in my lifetime.

But it WAS a straight choice between those two. And as we don't live in an ideal world, grown ups had to decide who they thought was the least bad option.

My take, always, was that Corbyn had the right domestic policies and would have been constrained by his MPs if he'd tried to implement his more dangerous and childish foreign policies

Whereas Johnson led a party that gave full reign to him as liar in chief, and which was and is awash with Russian kleptocrat funds.

So for me it was a no brainer which one to prefer.

Not that any of that will prevent Hound's next attempt to smear me as a hypocrite. Which is one reason why I still have him on Ignore.

But you still can’t resist writing responses about me.
For the record though, your condemnation of Corbyn after he produced such a shocking GE campaign was much worse than you have just admitted to.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 05, 2024, 11:55:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Of course, Johnson would have done far, FAR better than his replacements, and in my opinion, would have been lining up as favourite for a second period in government now had it not been for COVID, and Labour's exploitation of it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 06, 2024, 12:33:35 am by SydneyRover »

''Covid scuttled johnson'' give me a break, johnson is academically clever but his brain is in his dick.

What we do know is johnson and his cohort couldn't stay off the piss and johnson in particular couldn't do his job because his not so private life came first. If he had the ability and skill to take and act responsibly there would be more people alive today and the country would have come out of covid a lot differently.

His replacements Truss and Risky are showing exactly what they can and can't do, which is run the country for the benefit of the people.

Eat out and spread covid .............. vote tory
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 03:13:52 am by SydneyRover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 06, 2024, 09:10:49 am by wilts rover »

Of course, Johnson would have done far, FAR better than his replacements, and in my opinion, would have been lining up as favourite for a second period in government now had it not been for COVID, and Labour's exploitation of it.

Johnson was sacked by his own MP's for lying about appointing a sex pest to his government.

But his fawning accolytes will never admit he did anything wrong.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 06, 2024, 10:38:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Had anyone ever seen BB and Dorries in the same room?

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 06, 2024, 12:49:22 pm by Branton Red »

Johnson was sacked by his own MP's for lying about appointing a sex pest to his government.

Straw that broke the camels back. Most PMs would have survived that incident.

Johnson was removed by the Tories as he'd become an electoral liability after his popularity nosedived after allowing, even attending, parties in No. 10 whilst at the same time preaching (correctly) to the masses to stay indoors and social distance. And then when this was exposed trying to cover it up.

Democracy in action.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 07, 2024, 03:58:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Straw that broke the camels back. Most PMs would have survived that incident.

Johnson was removed by the Tories as he'd become an electoral liability after his popularity nosedived after allowing, even attending, parties in No. 10 whilst at the same time preaching (correctly) to the masses to stay indoors and social distance. And then when this was exposed trying to cover it up.

Democracy in action.

The key point is that if you're a moral black hole and a pathological liar, you're going to act in a way that repulses the majority eventually (even if some people will never find it in their soul to ever criticise you).

Eventually, you are going to push things to the point that you become a liability to your party and have to be disposed of.

If COVID had never happened, Johnson would still never have survived a full 5 years. Something else would have demonstrated him and to be a hypocritical lying Kitson.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012