Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:09:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 4106 times)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Christmas
« Reply #30 on September 06, 2017, 08:02:13 pm by German Rover »
I know bank holidays were timed to not interfere in farming but surely it would make sense in either creating a new one (often mooted but nothing happened) or moving one to say October
I know there was talk of ? Trafalgar Day but apparently this was offensive

Anyone say it was offensive? Fancy backing that statement up with evidence?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 06, 2017, 08:11:43 pm by RedJ »
I know bank holidays were timed to not interfere in farming but surely it would make sense in either creating a new one (often mooted but nothing happened) or moving one to say October

Let me guess the PC knobs and left wing minded toadstills

Ah there it is.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 06, 2017, 09:04:25 pm by not on facebook »

I be telling fibs or typing shite, if I put up any right wing or normall middle of the road
joe public that would be uoset with the battle of trafalgar .

Its only the PC lot left wing toots and many students that could or will find the said battle offensive
Ah there it is.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 06, 2017, 09:18:30 pm by German Rover »

I be telling fibs or typing shite, if I put up any right wing or normall middle of the road
joe public that would be uoset with the battle of trafalgar .

Its only the PC lot left wing toots and many students that could or will find the said battle offensive
Ah there it is.

Or the imagined controversy could be exploited by people for their own gain. Ask why the government would consider moving the may bank holiday to October?

The may bank holiday was introduced as the workers bank holiday, hence the massive parades in the Soviet union and anti capitalist marches. Could it be the powers that be want to remove a bank holiday associated with anti capitalist protest in order to discourage these protests?

The truth is no one Is offended by the thought of Trafalgar day, and it's all been dreamt up by people to reinforce their view point. Both extremes of the political system do it, and they're both as bad as one another.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 06, 2017, 09:32:50 pm by not on facebook »
Nowt to do with the uks history ,but after that right wing nut job drove his car into a protest certain statues from Americas past were pulled or taken down due to PC brigrade .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012