Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:14:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rotherham Tickets  (Read 1936 times)

Park Rover

• Forum Member
Rotherham Tickets
« on February 08, 2018, 12:41:21 pm by Park Rover »
My first post on here, followed the Rovers for 50 years and have enjoyed the forum for many years but never posted.
I have had a problem with my tickets for the Rotherham game and wondered if anyone else has had the same problem. Phoned up and ordered 2 tickets for the game and had them posted over a week ago.
Tickets have still not arrived. Phoned ticket office and they are saying it is now my issue, I have to wait until Friday before the match and if they’ve still not arrived to contact ticket office who will contact Rotherham to see if they will issue replacement tickets ( which they may not). Obviously this is unacceptable but the ticket office are saying it is not their problem, despite me pointing out I’ve paid for something which has not been provided. Vey disappointed with my clubs handling of this. Anyone else had this problem?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:37:38 pm by Park Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
Re: Rotherham Tickets
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2018, 02:25:37 pm by DN8ROVER »
Some tickets i ordered online last year were lost in the post. I phoned the ticket office and they replaced them no problem.Could just be a case of speaking to the right person. I'd phone them again and ask for Tracy, she should be able to sort things for you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:57:47 pm by DN8ROVER »

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2018, 02:30:11 pm by wesisback »
Under the Consumer Rights Act, when you buy goods from an online retailer, they are responsible for the goods until you receive them. So if the courier loses the goods you ordered or they are damaged, the retailer is responsible for putting things right, not the courier.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2018, 03:37:29 pm by bobbymax »
It is most definitely their problem until you have them in your hand.

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2018, 04:02:21 pm by Park Rover »
Just had a phone call from ticket office who have monitored the forum and seen my post. They denied saying it was my issue to sort out but in the same breath said if Rotherham do not issue duplicate tickets then it is my responsibility to claim the money back from Royal Mail ???? And they will not know this until day before the game when they contact them.
However to be fair , after pointing out that I will not know if I’ll be going to the game or not until the day before, they have contacted Rotherham who have agreed to issue replacement tickets on the day of the game so at least I now know I will be getting what I’ve paid for.
Common sense finally prevailed but this really could have been sorted earlier with a bit of customer care and thought.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2018, 04:11:54 pm by silent majority »
Its never that simple with football tickets though as there are laws that apply just to football tickets and no other. Duplicates are never issued willy nilly and collecting on the day is usually the option.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2018, 04:39:47 pm by bpoolrover »
I think they could just have told him if they didn't turn up they would issue him duplicate tickets on the day in the 1st place, but fair play they have sorted now so all is good

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2018, 04:52:12 pm by wesisback »
Its never that simple with football tickets though as there are laws that apply just to football tickets and no other. Duplicates are never issued willy nilly and collecting on the day is usually the option.
Genuinely interested in this, what is the difference? Surely they are still subject to the Consumer Rights act when it comes to taking money for goods?

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2018, 05:36:15 pm by Park Rover »
It seems very straightforward to me, I haven’t received what I paid for ( and have evidence of the payment via email) how can it ever be my problem. I’ve paid for something I haven’t received, end of story.
However despite this I will now be attending the game , so happy days

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2018, 08:23:56 pm by Herman Hessian »
Genuinely interested in this, what is the difference? Surely they are still subject to the Consumer Rights act when it comes to taking money for goods?

bear in mind that it's complicated by the fact that Rovers are not the retailers - they are acting as agents for the retailers, RUFC, and engaged third party couriers to effect the delivery; the resolution is quite correct - invalidate the original tickets, re-issue and require collection on the day (with appropriate ID required, i would imagine); no-one's at fault here (other than the thieving postie who will now not be able to use his misappropriated tickets) - everyone's happy - case closed...

as an aside, i honestly don't think that secure delivery is helped buy stamping RETURN ADDRESS - TICKET OFFICE - DONCASTER ROVERS etc in bloody great letters on the envelopes that they send the things out in - hmmmmm - I wonder what an envelope with that on might contain - tickets for a likely sell out game that may have a bit of resale value - not the brightest of ideas, is it !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2018, 08:53:01 pm by idler »
I've never had a problem with any tickets delivered to my Bradford address but always wonder about the sense of broadcasting what they contain.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012