Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:25:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's non game....  (Read 2093 times)

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
Today's non game....
« on July 25, 2017, 10:35:02 pm by Mac the hooped man »
So without any sarcastic answers, as we speak, the Doncaster free press and the sheff wed website are both advertising the game as today 25th July. At some stage this was the original date of the game, when the frik did it get changed, and more to the point why on earth were local websites not updated.   I wasn't the only one walking round the ground scratching my head.   If anyone can advise me how to upload a screenshot I can provide proof of the infactual advise the free press is giving out.  Ggrr...

F@ck me, just checked, the rovers own website still has the game down as tonight.  So can anyone enlighten me, how does everyone know it's tomoz night.  Where is this information...im so glad i did a 20 mile round trip for nothing...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:38:01 pm by Mac the hooped man »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Today's non game....
« Reply #1 on July 25, 2017, 10:38:08 pm by idler »
I'm sure that it was mentioned on here and the official Rovers site that Sheffield Wed had wanted to move it back a day. Probably a couple of weeks ago.
DFP obviously don't have their finger on the pulse.

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 25, 2017, 10:44:32 pm by Mac the hooped man »
See my edit, the rovers website has it down as today still.  Amateur or what!   

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 25, 2017, 11:07:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
Look on the bright side, still undefeated! ;)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 26, 2017, 12:50:39 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
27 June was the date when they announced the change. It's in the news archive.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 26, 2017, 01:15:35 am by Susan Abbott »
So without any sarcastic answers, as we speak, the Doncaster free press and the sheff wed website are both advertising the game as today 25th July. At some stage this was the original date of the game, when the frik did it get changed, and more to the point why on earth were local websites not updated.   I wasn't the only one walking round the ground scratching my head.   If anyone can advise me how to upload a screenshot I can provide proof of the infactual advise the free press is giving out.  Ggrr...

F@ck me, just checked, the rovers own website still has the game down as tonight.  So can anyone enlighten me, how does everyone know it's tomoz night.  Where is this information...im so glad i did a 20 mile round trip for nothing...

😂

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 26, 2017, 06:42:54 am by balbyrover »
It wasn't advertised very well in fairnees. I didn't go but did think it wss last night until i saw it on here yesterday afternoon.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 26, 2017, 09:25:25 am by mushRTID »
Did you get parked ok?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 26, 2017, 09:40:46 am by glosterred »
There is a game tonight

COYR

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 26, 2017, 12:08:23 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Good afternoon.

Please see below a statement for our media manager Luke Thornhill:

“I have looked through our website and Sheffield Wednesday’s, and the only reference I can find to the Tuesday date is the original stories announcing the fixture.  The date was moved at the end of June, we ran a news story at the time and shared via our social media and with local press. This is the same policy we’ve followed for as long as I have been at the club.

The fixture in our website system shows as Wednesday, and all our news stories reference this date. We’ve also had our social media headers advertising the match for the past week, emails going out as well as on our boards close to the Keepmoat Stadium and in Bentley.

I have spoken to our head of operations, who left the ground at 7pm on Tuesday. She tells me she spoke to a couple in the car park who had the wrong date, but other than that the areas we would expect to be busy half an hour before kick-off were empty with the Club Doncaster Academy area as busy as we’d expect given the bookings for pitches. We had nothing on social media, which I would have expected had there been significant numbers of people still thinking it was Tuesday.

A internet search of Doncaster Rovers pre-season fixtures does take you to our original news stories, which have been superseded by the announcement of the change of date and the above. If there are other places I’d welcome someone sending in the link to media@clubdoncaster.co.uk so we can be aware for the future.

While I think it is a bit harsh to have us described as amateur because an internet search has found an old news story, my plan is to introduce a policy where when we announce a change to a fixture we add a note to the story of the original announcement because it is understandable that people may not realise things have been changed.

I hope this avoids this issue coming up again, if anyone has any issues or suggestions they can contact us on media@clubdoncaster.co.uk.

Luke Thornhill
Club Doncaster Media manager”

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 26, 2017, 12:15:58 pm by Mac the hooped man »
if you google "doncaster v sheffield wednesday 2017 friendly"  the first 3 results are from the doncaster rovers website, sheff wed website and doncaster free press..  all 3 have the date as last nite...  somewhere the new date for those that didnt see the revised date announced when it happened has got lost by the search algorythms.  I retract the term amateur.  that was down to my annoyance of a wasted journey.   

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 26, 2017, 01:51:06 pm by DannyRovers »
Good afternoon.

Please see below a statement for our media manager Luke Thornhill:

“I have looked through our website and Sheffield Wednesday’s, and the only reference I can find to the Tuesday date is the original stories announcing the fixture.  The date was moved at the end of June, we ran a news story at the time and shared via our social media and with local press. This is the same policy we’ve followed for as long as I have been at the club.

The fixture in our website system shows as Wednesday, and all our news stories reference this date. We’ve also had our social media headers advertising the match for the past week, emails going out as well as on our boards close to the Keepmoat Stadium and in Bentley.

I have spoken to our head of operations, who left the ground at 7pm on Tuesday. She tells me she spoke to a couple in the car park who had the wrong date, but other than that the areas we would expect to be busy half an hour before kick-off were empty with the Club Doncaster Academy area as busy as we’d expect given the bookings for pitches. We had nothing on social media, which I would have expected had there been significant numbers of people still thinking it was Tuesday.

A internet search of Doncaster Rovers pre-season fixtures does take you to our original news stories, which have been superseded by the announcement of the change of date and the above. If there are other places I’d welcome someone sending in the link to media@clubdoncaster.co.uk so we can be aware for the future.

While I think it is a bit harsh to have us described as amateur because an internet search has found an old news story, my plan is to introduce a policy where when we announce a change to a fixture we add a note to the story of the original announcement because it is understandable that people may not realise things have been changed.

I hope this avoids this issue coming up again, if anyone has any issues or suggestions they can contact us on media@clubdoncaster.co.uk.

Luke Thornhill
Club Doncaster Media manager”

I knew the fixture was changed it was spread across all outlets like he has mentioned there, but I have noticed that we do not have our pre-season fixtures on our fixture list which I find odd.

Looking on other clubs websites they have this and it would make it much easier for anyone wanting to find out what our pre-season schedule was.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012