Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:30:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Steven Taylor  (Read 12697 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Steven Taylor
« Reply #90 on July 25, 2017, 07:09:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Lot of doom mongering again.  Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Might not be because we're poor but actually there's thousands to a deal and Ferguson has to make his choices.

I say fair play for sticking to a deal. Imagine you break the bank on him you end up with Butler, Baudry etc at the door tomorrow complaining.  There's so many complexities we should trust Ferguson.

Every year we get the same comments and every year the budget in the accounts is shown to be of a high level and every year we lose money.  Unless a sheikh walks through the door that's how it is.

Perhaps Peterbrough have more cash, perhaps they chose to spend more on him. Either way he's made that choice and we move on. We have a solid starting line up but clearly still need another one or two in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on July 25, 2017, 07:11:14 pm by silent majority »
How much of the budget has gone on giving Marquis a 3 year deal.

The deal was factored into the budget, as was LG1 payment level for our current squad. And no doubt a promotion bonus will also be factored in!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on July 25, 2017, 07:13:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well it's clear what Taylors motivation was. To get the best financial deal without having to prove himself. Not blaming him for that.

I would have liked to have seen him tested v Owls tomorrow before offering him anything, although DF seemed to be happy with what he'd seen.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's also got a nice little signing on fee upfront.

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 25, 2017, 10:58:57 pm by George Carter »
Hes obvioysly gone to a club thats prepared to put their money where their mouth is!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile were left with a crippled defence and an injury crisis before the season has even started!!!!

WTF is going on!!!!!!! If we're giving a three year contract and more money to Marquis why cant we sign a defender to give ourselves a chance of staying up????

Not good enough at all. DISGRACEFUL THAT THE SEASON KICKS OFF IN 10 DAYS AND WE DONT HAVE A DEFENCE!!!!!

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 25, 2017, 11:10:46 pm by George Carter »
We'll see who the next person is on the list, tomorrow night (I presume). I've read the Bury preview of their thoughts on us and it would seem the whole division know exactly where we are short.

We either sort it before the kick off or, rest assured, teams will be well versed in how to get at us, particularly in the early matches.

I couldnt agree more.... Im glad weve got Gillingham in the first game and they've lost the best player otherwise Id be scared of us getting a right tonking off them!!!!

Why do we have a defence in an awful position for where it should be at this stage of pre season and an injury crisis with a manager that has always had a poor defensive record????????

Its not good is it!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 25, 2017, 11:14:30 pm by dickos1 »
Hes obvioysly gone to a club thats prepared to put their money where their mouth is!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile were left with a crippled defence and an injury crisis before the season has even started!!!!

WTF is going on!!!!!!! If we're giving a three year contract and more money to Marquis why cant we sign a defender to give ourselves a chance of staying up????

Not good enough at all. DISGRACEFUL THAT THE SEASON KICKS OFF IN 10 DAYS AND WE DONT HAVE A DEFENCE!!!!!

Utter nonsense.
You're moaning about having a crippled defence but then moaning that we haven't spent a load of money on a crippled defender.

We had all this negative shite this time last year,  and on the morning of the first game of the season we signed houghton and mason. They didn't turn out bad did they.

People need to get a grip

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on July 25, 2017, 11:18:16 pm by George Carter »
And I repeat yet again that DF is being patient and waiting for the right person to fill the spaces we have left.

Why do people assume that Taylor or Greer were top of the list? Neither was ever on our short list to begin with, yes they became available but they weren't identified initially.

And until the PL clubs finalise their player lists we may not be finalising our squad either.

Sorry fella, but Thats rubbish!!!!!!

We cant be after the right person as they would be signed by a club long before the last week of pre season.

Good players always get snapped up early on by good clubs who are going for it  and were left to feed off the scraps and we cant even get them with Petrboro out bidding us for taylor,, and Greer not coming in now!!!!!

We dont have a defence and the season starts in 10 days...... you can dress it up however you want and we arent biding our time to get the right player because we have an injury crisis and no options at centre back.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 25, 2017, 11:21:35 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I seem to recall us signing a certain Rob Jones very late in pre season with say only one friendly left to play. That one didn't turn out too badly did it 😉

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 25, 2017, 11:24:23 pm by George Carter »

Utter nonsense.
You're moaning about having a crippled defence but then moaning that we haven't spent a load of money on a crippled defender.

We had all this negative shite this time last year,  and on the morning of the first game of the season we signed houghton and mason. They didn't turn out bad did they.

We lost the first game 3-2 at accrington last year and had one of the worst defences in the top half of the table!!!!!

Now weve gone up a division and dont have a defence so you do the maths.  Its not hard to work out that were going to get punished in this area and any new defenders we bring in now wont have time to gel.

We also have a manager thats had a bad defence throughout his career as a manager!!!!

Whatever the budget is,, we need to blow it out the window if we have to in order to get some good defenders signed otherwise were going to get embarrased early on in the season.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on July 25, 2017, 11:31:24 pm by silent majority »
And I repeat yet again that DF is being patient and waiting for the right person to fill the spaces we have left.

Why do people assume that Taylor or Greer were top of the list? Neither was ever on our short list to begin with, yes they became available but they weren't identified initially.

And until the PL clubs finalise their player lists we may not be finalising our squad either.

We cant be after the right person as they would be signed by a club long before the last week of pre season.

Good players always get snapped up early on by good clubs who are going for it  and were left to feed off the scraps and we cant even get them with Petrboro out bidding us for taylor,, and Greer not coming in now!!!!!

We dont have a defence and the season starts in 10 days...... you can dress it up however you want and we arent biding our time to get the right player because we have an injury crisis and no options at centre back.

Sorry to not share your hysterical and immature opinion on building teams. However I have spoken at length with the club this pre-season and I had another telephone conversation on Monday morning when it was reiterated yet again that we are being patient and having to bide our time.

Good players don't always get snapped up early doors, especially when players are attached to PL clubs. We will have to wait for them to start to finalise their plans before we can finalise ours. That's a fact of modern football.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 25, 2017, 11:32:23 pm by SydneyRover »
Quote from Jonesy "don't panic-don't panic"

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on July 25, 2017, 11:35:27 pm by dickos1 »

Utter nonsense.

We lost the first game 3-2 at accrington last year and had one of the worst defences in the top half of the table!!!!!

Now weve gone up a division and dont have a defence so you do the maths.  Its not hard to work out that were going to get punished in this area and any new defenders we bring in now wont have time to gel.

We also have a manager thats had a bad defence throughout his career as a manager!!!!

Whatever the budget is,, we need to blow it out the window if we have to in order to get some good defenders signed otherwise were going to get embarrased early on in the season.

More nonsense,
You do know there's 10 days to go yet don't you, our defence wasn't one of the worst,
The two players we signed on the day of the first game were two of our best players last season.

Yes let's blow our budget out the water, great idea!

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 25, 2017, 11:36:40 pm by George Carter »

Sorry to not share your hysterical and immature opinion on building teams. However I have spoken at length with the club this pre-season and I had another telephone conversation on Monday morning when it was reiterated yet again that we are being patient and having to bide our time.

Good players don't always get snapped up early doors, especially when players are attached to PL clubs. We will have to wait for them to start to finalise their plans before we can finalise ours. That's a fact of modern football.

When your up the clubs backside,, you're bound to say that and not say anything negative because you wont want to upset anyone.

When you take away the blinkers we're still 3 centre backs short with 10 days of pre season to go!!!! WTF is going on becayse I bet theres not 1 other club out there,, who is so weak in such an important  position at this time!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 25, 2017, 11:38:59 pm by dickos1 »
3 centre backs short 😂😂😂😂😂

I bet every club has negative clowns spouting similar nonsense

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 25, 2017, 11:39:46 pm by silent majority »
George,

Ha ha!! I don't say anything negative? Somehow I doubt very much if Gavin or Liam would agree with that!!

But wetting my knickers on a football forum is not what I do, I leave that to people like you.

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 25, 2017, 11:41:07 pm by George Carter »
George,

Ha ha!! I don't say anything negative? Somehow I doubt very much if Gavin or Liam would agree with that!!

But wetting my knickers on a football forum is not what I do, I leave that to people like you.

And you're a fit and proper person to represent us when you come out with that?????  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next joke.................

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on July 25, 2017, 11:42:13 pm by silent majority »
George,

And you're a fit and proper person to represent us when you come out with that?????  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would I represent you?

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 25, 2017, 11:42:55 pm by George Carter »
George,

Why would I represent you?

Isnt that your job at the fsf as you tell us all the time???????

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 25, 2017, 11:44:14 pm by silent majority »
You do like the use of question marks and apostrophes don't you?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 25, 2017, 11:44:44 pm by Nudga »
George,

I'd  rather him represent us than a dullard like you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 25, 2017, 11:50:10 pm by SydneyRover »
This is still a football forum isn't it? anyone would think we were demoted last season and were without a budget.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on July 25, 2017, 11:52:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
However I have spoken at length with the club this pre-season and I had another telephone conversation on Monday morning when it was reiterated yet again that we are being patient and having to bide our time.

So, can we read into that you're a tad concerned as well SM? Otherwise, why have to ask the same question twice?

I'm finding it really difficult to get to grips with what our master plan was/is. 5 players, we were told were coming in and it didn't depend on any of the transfer-listed players leaving. We don't have even those 5 yet, never mind the '2 or 3' that may have been added later. And now we are reading criticisms of Middleton's advisors because they have not found him a Club. Mmmmm, let me see, that wouldn't have anything to do with freeing up funds, would it?

We didn't want Williams, then we find he's staying due to personal reasons (fair enough); then we have a few goes at sorting Marquis out and then we're after more experience and since then.....nowt!

We have McCullough, Bawdry and (possibly but hopefully not) Kiwomya out of action for a good few weeks and we're 'biding our time'. By my reckoning the time is almost up, as we start a week on Saturday. So, even if he gets 'the right men', they simply have a job on catching up to the rest of the squad and finding their feet.

Not great, is it?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 26, 2017, 12:11:19 am by silent majority »
I'm not concerned at all. And I haven't asked a question twice. Most of my conversations with the club are about other matters and not about players who are coming or going. As a general rule that's not something I like to have knowledge about, after all why would I feel entitled to ask those questions?

But sometimes it crops up in conversation when we're discussing certain issues, and that's what happened on Monday. The message that I received is that the club could sign players right now if they wished but that would mean missing out on certain players that they have to wait longer for, and they don't intend to do that. They will wait until they know for certain whether they can sign those players, and then when they know how they stand they will commit one way or the other.

But, I'll repeat the message again, it has nothing to do with the budget. The budget is fine, it's all about attracting the best players to the club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 26, 2017, 12:15:05 am by dickos1 »
If you think Middleton leaving the club would free up funds to get players in then you're daft.
He'll be on a pittance

We can't sign players just to cover 2/3 weeks of the season, have to make do until they're fit.

We need a centre half and a centre midfielder, and I'm confident we will have them come 5th august

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on July 26, 2017, 12:20:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not rocket science though is it, trying to get players off the books who have no future. Why would you want them hanging around and if it does help fund other deals then great! 

Blowing the budget on one, possibly two players who are past their prime and injury risks would be stupid if it jeopardises money set aside for other, less risky players at the other end of their careers and contingencies should we suffer further injury woe.

I have no doubt DF hoped his acquisitions during the summer would have gone better but that's football, there are rarely sure things.

DF and GB have to deal with the here and now and are infinitely wiser, knowledgeable and more intelligent than any of us about these matters. Whilst I'm sure they want to improve the situation, they won't panic.

Keep calm. Patience is a great virtue and hopefully we'll be rewarded.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 26, 2017, 05:41:33 am by DearneValleyRover »
I remember us signing Jason Shackel on the morning of the first game of the season and he didn't turn out bad.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 26, 2017, 07:03:24 am by phil old leake »
I agree with comment above from Filo.  DF is constantly giving it large about players.  Premiership players coming.  Steven Taylor I'm starting to think that non of it's true he's just bigging it up

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on July 26, 2017, 07:16:43 am by Rovers91 »

When your up the clubs backside,, you're bound to say that and not say anything negative because you wont want to upset anyone.

When you take away the blinkers we're still 3 centre backs short with 10 days of pre season to go!!!! WTF is going on becayse I bet theres not 1 other club out there,, who is so weak in such an important  position at this time!!!!

3 centre backs short? What utter b*llocks.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on July 26, 2017, 07:25:52 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
There's a world beyond Rovers, fellas. Have a good Wednesday.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on July 26, 2017, 07:31:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
Alcock, Wright, Butler, Baudry, Mason, Garratt, McCullough, Fielding. 3 extra seems a tad excessive.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012